A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the fact that we took in a lot of players who were considered 'character risks' gives me hope we wont throw away aldon if we can still use him.

I don't think we dump him yet. He may get another shot. Just can't see us dumping such a talented player. Dude is an absolute BEAST! I think you gotta milk the rest of that contract.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think we dump him yet. He may get another shot. Just can't see us dumping such a talented player. Dude is an absolute BEAST! I think you gotta milk the rest of that contract.
If they get rid of Aldon they might have to switch to a 4-3

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Y`all want the fukkup, I don't. Let's move on until his next arrest.
I would be happy to move on, provided that you answer me who were 20 people who burned out early because of the fukkups, with his caliber of talent.

there simply werent many of those players in NFL history, at all. it was rare that fukkups had all-pro years, but when they did, teams valued their talent too much to end their careers.

theres guys like titus young who were tossed into the bushes. if titus young was a proven all-pro caliber player in the NFL, Im sure hed be in heavy rehab and some team would have him on a tryout contract at least.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see that happening.
without aldon and bowman they might have no choice

i cant see them justify running a 3-4 with lemonier and whoever at mlb

in a 3-4 your lbs have to be the strength of the defense

without aldon/bowman the d-line is the strength

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
without aldon and bowman they might have no choice

i cant see them justify running a 3-4 with lemonier and whoever at mlb

in a 3-4 your lbs have to be the strength of the defense

without aldon/bowman the d-line is the strength

Forgot about Bowman :sadbron:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I mean, I doubt that happens, period.
we run that 4-2-5 a ton anyway

we still have enough personnel for a base with NT in, and we'll have very good depth at NT with dorsey and ian williams

we wont go conventional 4-3 anytime soon imo

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how much the defense slips this year. They should still be good, but I can see a drop off

Without Bowman for most of the entire season

Aldon being gone or most likely suspended

2 or 3 new starters in the secondary

Cowboy and Ray-Mac getting older.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I wonder how much the defense slips this year. They should still be good, but I can see a drop off

We're all forgetting that Tank was a beast in college at getting to the QB. Also, the Niners will draft a pass rusher.

I don't see us going to a 4-3, though. Whilhoite stepped in and played nice when he needed to. Also, I think Larry Grant is still available. He was more than solid when Willis went down with the hamstring in 2011-2012. We have options.

Also, they're not cutting Aldon this season. His contract is guaranteed; now, if he gets suspended by the league, then he won't get paid or if the Niners decide to start him out on the NFI list, then he won't get paid. As far as his option goes, if the Niners pick it up it's fully guaranteed for almost $10 million. Right now, I think it's 50/50 as to whether they pick it up or not. They have until May 1st to do so. What they decide to do will let us know about Aldon Smith's future.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
We're all forgetting that Tank was a beast in college at getting to the QB. Also, the Niners will draft a pass rusher.

I don't see us going to a 4-3, though. Whilhoite stepped in and played nice when he needed to. Also, I think Larry Grant is still available. He was more than solid when Willis went down with the hamstring in 2011-2012. We have options.

Also, they're not cutting Aldon this season. His contract is guaranteed; now, if he gets suspended by the league, then he won't get paid or if the Niners decide to start him out on the NFI list, then he won't get paid. As far as his option goes, if the Niners pick it up it's fully guaranteed for almost $10 million. Right now, I think it's 50/50 as to whether they pick it up or not. They have until May 1st to do so. What they decide to do will let us know about Aldon Smith's future.
I think option wont be picked up. but theres no point in letting go of him, at all, for next year

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

there will be a dropoff, theres no way to avoid it with losing your 2 best players

in a best case scenario aldon gets suspended for 4-6 games and im pretty comfortable with the rest of the depth for the front 7 to be fine. they have to draft 3 good cbs in this draft, theres no way around that

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we wont get jack shyt for him...but then he contributed like nothing to us :manny:
Lattimore era about to begin :yes:

really thats not his fault, he would breakout in a offense where the rb is part of the passing game

you get him in space one on one with a lb hes going to win most of the time, this is on roman

• Dap
Reactions: dza