A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Are you serious?

It's a 1 year deal to a 32 year old player whose been out the game for a year.

Why would this prevent us from going with a WR in OUR FIRST 6?????

Okay...so who's spot does he take then? These are our receivers as of today

Baldwin, Jon
Boldin, Anquan
Crabtree, Michael
Jacobs, Chuck
Lloyd, Brandon
Osgood, Kassim
Patton, Quinton
Reed, David
Sampson, DeMarco
Wylie, Devon

We're only dressing 5 for gameday. Locks are Boldin, Crabtee, Osgood, & Patton.

That leaves 1 roster spot battle for at least 4 guys (Rookie, Baldwin, Lloyd, and Chuck Jacobs). I'm assuming that if we draft a receiver within the first 100 picks, that receiver is going to A. make the roster and B. suit up on game days.
Why would you sign Brandon Lloyd to go toe to toe with a high draft pick? It doesn't make any sense. Sure, if the draft pick wins then you lose nothing (we're assuming that Lloyd got a Moss-like contract), but if Lloyd wins, you've basically wasted a draft pick. Even if you keep the guy on the 53 man roster, you're going to have to cut somewhere else.
I just don't see it happening. After this signing, I'm thinking we don't get a receiver until the later rounds.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I like the lloyd signing a lot
he may not have the speed of someone like ginn, but he still runs very good deep routes
I didnt forget him humiliating cully in 2012

if we're planning to re-up crabs, we dont really have to draft a WR early, at all

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I like the lloyd signing a lot
he may not have the speed of someone like ginn, but he still runs very good deep routes
I didnt forget him humiliating cully in 2012

if we're planning to re-up crabs, we dont really have to draft a WR early, at all
That's crabs... What about Boldin?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
After speaking with "several sources involved with the (team's) decision-making," San Jose Mercury News columnist Tim Kawakami believes embattled OLB Aldon Smith "probably won’t play for the 49ers in 2014."
According to Kawakami, there is a "weariness and frustration over Smith’s behavior that I’ve never heard involving any recent 49ers player." Smith has yet to officially be charged with a crime after allegedly making a false bomb threat at LAX, but that should soon change. Kawakami reports the 49ers do plan to let the legal process play out before making a decision on Smith's future. His next hearing is scheduled for April 29. Apr 15 - 6:14 PM
Source: San Jose Mercury News

:lupe:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's kawakami. stirring the pot is what he does :manny:

it's too early to say that aldon won't play a down for us in 2014 but we do need a backup plan at OLB if aldon's 5th year option isn't picked up and this is his last year here

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a big fan of B Lloyd in the dark years. I still contend dude is the GOAT pass catcher ever when it comes to acrobatic ability.

Who remembers this catch he made against the Giants that was called back on a holding penalty. Think it was the game we had Cody Pickett starting for us (:heh:) That might've been the greatest catch of all time. It's in this video:

As is his insane one handed catch against the Seahawks.

The photo :wow:

960x540.jpg

Daps
I like the Kawakami report.

Get em the fukk out of here.

Trade em to the AFC, maybe do Baltimore the favor they did us with Quan[DOUBLEPOST=1397615640][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was a big fan of B Lloyd in the dark years. I still contend dude is the GOAT pass catcher ever when it comes to acrobatic ability.

Who remembers this catch he made against the Giants that was called back on a holding penalty. Think it was the game we had Cody Pickett starting for us (:heh:) That might've been the greatest catch of all time. It's in this video:

Remember this like it was yesterday.

Holding call was on Kwame Harris too as I recall, fukking bum.

As is his insane one handed catch against the Seahawks.

The photo :wow:

960x540.jpg

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That's crabs... What about Boldin?
actually after reading your posts before, I think we're both agreeing that we wont be drafting a WR very early ,lol[DOUBLEPOST=1397619905][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like the Kawakami report.

Get em the fukk out of here.

Trade em to the AFC, maybe do Baltimore the favor they did us with Quan
why would you want a 6th round pick instead of a pro-bowl caliber player for another year for 2.5 million ?

Daps
actually after reading your posts before, I think we're both agreeing that we wont be drafting a WR very early ,lol[DOUBLEPOST=1397619905][/DOUBLEPOST]
why would you want a 6th round pick instead of a pro-bowl caliber player for another year for 2.5 million ?

Because A) I don't feel like rooting for a fukkup any longer and B) Whose to say he`ll even be playing, i`m sure a suspension of some sorts is coming down the pipeline,

It's time to cut bait.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
actually after reading your posts before, I think we're both agreeing that we wont be drafting a WR very early ,lol

Yeah...with the signing of Lloyd and also the trouble Aldon is in (If Kawakami report is true) then I think we'll draft S, CB, OLB/Pass Rusher with our first 6 picks...in no particular order.