A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Daps
Yeah...with the signing of Lloyd and also the trouble Aldon is in (If Kawakami report is true) then I think we'll draft S, CB, OLB/Pass Rusher with our first 6 picks...in no particular order.
So you expect us to spend 6 picks on 3 needs?

2 picks each to S, CB and Pass rusher?

I doubt it, I think we got faith in Lemonier, Skuta and the unknown Carradine. I can't see us spending 2 picks on pass rushers in the first 6.

Also, we're not taking the first 6, I see us trading those around

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
So you expect us to spend 6 picks on 3 needs?

2 picks each to S, CB and Pass rusher?

I doubt it, I think we got faith in Lemonier, Skuta and the unknown Carradine. I can't see us spending 2 picks on pass rushers in the first 6.

Also, we're not taking the first 6, I see us trading those around
I meant to include that. I think we're trading some of those picks. I just don't see us taking a WR. Caradine is an unknown, but I think they do spend 1 pick on a pass rusher.

Daps
I meant to include that. I think we're trading some of those picks. I just don't see us taking a WR. Caradine is an unknown, but I think they do spend 1 pick on a pass rusher.

I agree on that then.

I think we're taking another stab at a WR.

As much as I like Patton, he showed nothing to instill confidence.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Because A) I don't feel like rooting for a fukkup any longer and B) Whose to say he`ll even be playing, i`m sure a suspension of some sorts is coming down the pipeline,

It's time to cut bait.
so youd rather have an inferior player than a fukkup playing given choice. I see.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Details of Lloyd's contract
Lloyd’s contract with the 49ers consists of the veteran minimum $955,000 base salary with $50,000 available through a workout bonus. His contract includes no signing bonus, the source said. He has more than the allowable amount of incentives in his contract, a source said, which means the 49ers do not receive the minimum salary benefit. Lloyd’s deal counts $1.005 million against the 49ers’ salary cap.

Source: Lloyd's 49ers contract includes no guaranteed money | CSN Bay Area

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
character > *
speaking of which, its both baffling and hilarious how so many people on webzone are acting like worlds ending with lloyd signing.

QB Clemens to WR Lloyd, 36-yd, pass, TD - NFL Videos
lloyd shytting on whiffner

QB Brady to WR Lloyd, 53-yd, pass - NFL Videos
him shytting on cully, just as Ive remembered too well[DOUBLEPOST=1397675222][/DOUBLEPOST]
basically a tryout contract, just like we gave to nnamdi

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
speaking of which, its both baffling and hilarious how so many people on webzone are acting like worlds ending with lloyd signing.

QB Clemens to WR Lloyd, 36-yd, pass, TD - NFL Videos
lloyd shytting on whiffner

QB Brady to WR Lloyd, 53-yd, pass - NFL Videos
him shytting on cully, just as Ive remembered too well[DOUBLEPOST=1397675222][/DOUBLEPOST]
basically a tryout contract, just like we gave to nnamdi

I see it as a win/win signing, really. If it doesn't work out. No loss.

Those clowns on the webzone stay crying.

Daps
so youd rather have an inferior player than a fukkup playing given choice. I see.

And is the fukkup even going to be playing.

Because that's the problems with fukkups, they rarely ever turn it around. They're short-term, they burn out quickly.

I`d rather move on, and try to find the truly great player, who`ll actually be reliable.

The Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, Vernon Davis, Frank Gores of the world.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
pacman jones is a king of fukkups and hes still fine playing for a good team

ray lewis was on trial for murder look how his career turned out

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
So you got what? 2 names?

Like I posted before, there's 20 failures for every Ray Lewis and LT.
20 failures who were already pro bowlers and all-pros ? thats just not true
show me those 20 names, who were all-pros in the league and were fukkups who burned out quickly.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It all boils down to results. If the "fukkup" helps you win games and makes you a better team (on the field) then he will be retained and should be.

The worse GMs are the ones who make rash decisions and run their team off of emotion.

A team is not going to dump a fukkup who is an all pro at the beginning of his career. Bad business. Put your emotion aside and use your brain.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
It all boils down to results. If the "fukkup" helps you win games and makes you a better team (on the field) then he will be retained and should be.

The worse GMs are the ones who make rash decisions and run their team off of emotion.
the fact that we took in a lot of players who were considered 'character risks' gives me hope we wont throw away aldon if we can still use him.

Daps
Emotions aside, the brain tells you a player constantly in trouble is in danger of missing games due to his behavior.

Aldon Smith is that guy to the T.

The reality is, he has an option that is coming up in about a month, real decisions need to be made.

There's no guarantee this guy will even be allowed to play next year.

But it's a pointless conversation, i`m talking in circles, making the same point 10 times over.

Y`all want the fukkup, I don't. Let's move on until his next arrest.