A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Daps
i see your point... but wasn't LT, LT...

meaning he was a fukk up by today's standards.. imagine if TMZ was following around LT in the 80s and 90s..

until a player completely fukks up in a way that he can't play on the field anymore... they'll always be a spot on some billionaire's team...

and the best part is..... yea... pay him 12 million.. the second he fukks it up completely, you cut him, don't pay him... and chalk it up to "good behavior" clause in his contract... so essentially you lose absolutely nothing..

just ask the patriots about that money they "fukked up" giving to hernandez.. they used him up for his good time.. oh he fukked up... thank you for the money back.. we ain't paying shyt

Paying Aldon Smith 12m a year is the dumbest thing any team could do right now.

And as bad as LT was, he didn't have the arrest record that Aldon Smith has, for whatever reason.

LT wasn't toting 3 assault weapons to my knowledge.

BTW, LT was also a much better player than Aldon, and Aldon is a truly great player.[DOUBLEPOST=1397562990][/DOUBLEPOST]Aldon Smith's 2015 option has 49ers in a quandary - NFL.com

Aldon has an option we can choose to or not choose to pick up for 2015

Daps
Officially signed B-Lloyd.

I like that, still got his 85 jersey in white.

Depth at WR and he had a year off, hopefuly he can contribute like he did in Denver.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
duck.gif
:lolbron:
but seriously nice to have Brandon back. Good to add some much needed depth at wideout

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I'm not sure how I feel about this signing. I would rather us draft a WR, but with this signing I don't see how we can justify getting a WR with one of our first 6 picks. I was really hoping for Kelvin Benjamin from FSU, but now that's not happening.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Classic GIF

Hope he can bring something to the table, but I won't be shocked if he doesn't make the roster either.

Wonder how much he has left in the tank? Niners still need a burner. If Patton improves and the rookie WR is legit Brandon probably ends up getting cut.[DOUBLEPOST=1397585023][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure how I feel about this signing. I would rather us draft a WR, but with this signing I don't see how we can justify getting a WR with one of our first 6 picks. I was really hoping for Kelvin Benjamin from FSU, but now that's not happening.

I still think they draft a WR. The niners really like Martavius Bryant out of Clemson wouldn't be surprised if they took him in the 3rd round. Hope they stay away from him though. Two wideouts I really like are Brandin Cooks and Jordan Matthews

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Wonder how much he has left in the tank? Niners still need a burner. If Patton improves and the rookie WR is legit Brandon probably ends up getting cut.[DOUBLEPOST=1397585023][/DOUBLEPOST]

I still think they draft a WR. The niners really like Martavius Bryant out of Clemson wouldn't be surprised if they took him in the 3rd round. Hope they stay away from him though. Two wideouts I really like are Brandin Cooks and Jordan Matthews

I think Cooks goes towards the middle of the first round. Matthews could probably be had late second - early third.
As far as Bryant....eh. I dunno. I think Benjamin would do wonders for our offense, though. I just don't see the need in Signing Brandon Lloyd...

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

signing lloyd doesn't change our draft plans at all. WR is still a long term need and we'll still grab one in the top 100

it's already been said but lloyd is no lock to make the final 53. he's just a depth signing at this point and after last year, i say we need all the WR depth we can get. we went thru a good chunk of last season with kyle williams and marlon moore as our #2 and #3 WRs :scusthov:

Daps

Are you serious?

It's a 1 year deal to a 32 year old player whose been out the game for a year.

Why would this prevent us from going with a WR in OUR FIRST 6?????

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Lose to your division rival in the NFC championship, brehs.
Watch them go on to win the superbowl, brehs.
Watch your team unravel, brehs.
Watch your coach almost get traded to the browns, brehs.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

im going to assume he didnt get guaranteed money, basically he has a try out during training camp and he can be cut at anytime

this doesnt affect the draft one bit