A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and @JLova, apologies if I spoke for you wrongfully in this post, but I think we share same sentiment here.

Didn't even read his response. Thanks for saving me the time.[DOUBLEPOST=1397527552][/DOUBLEPOST]
while a lot of athletes put themselves in dumb situation (cully, aldon) nowadays, the thing we gotta remember theres a ton of exposure nowadays with social media and cameras everywhere.

an athlete cant take a shyt or sneeze in public without someone noticing. like Ive said until there are concrete evidences and concrete 'guilty' label (as in kaeps case) its all fluff.

Pretty much.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
funny because youre not a GM either.
you are a pathetic little stanley, and a sheep at that

well guess what, I aint no sheep. gms arent gods to me, shyt I bet anyone in this thread can do better than matt millen did for the lions, maybe even including you.

any gm that bypassed a good talent because of character problems, is an idiot. players such as dez bryant and navorro bowman were pro bowlers and all-pros.

you can be the one to care about how your franchise 'looks'. I'll go for talent and performance anytime.

This. Like I said in Aldon Smith thread, we're not gonna let Hall of Fame potential players walk, but furthermore, it's not gonna be a concern for us for another 3 years. This is being overblown.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This. Like I said in Aldon Smith thread, we're not gonna let Hall of Fame potential players walk, but furthermore, it's not gonna be a concern for us for another 3 years. This is being overblown.

Basically. Overblown. Why trade Aldon if we don't have to? What a dumb idea. :rudy:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Basically. Overblown. Why trade Aldon if we don't have to? What a dumb idea. :rudy:
theres zero point in trading aldon after this incident because his value is as low as its ever been and teams know we got no leverage

we can trade him before the season starts for like a 4th OR get another year (- whatever he gets suspended for) and then either he walks or re-signs

the latter sounds overwhelmingly better to me. the 4th or late 3rd is almost negligible cuz we got draft picks out of our ass

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
theres zero point in trading aldon after this incident because his value is as low as its ever been and teams know we got no leverage

we can trade him before the season starts for like a 4th OR get another year (- whatever he gets suspended for) and then either he walks or re-signs

the latter sounds overwhelmingly better to me. the 4th or late 3rd is almost negligible cuz we got draft picks out of our ass

Pretty much. It would be terrible asset management to trade him.

Daps
My whole point was he should have been traded by now.

We lost our opportunity to get any value for him.

We blew that one. I whole heartedly believe his tenure here isn't going to end well. Others can be him in the HOF though if they want

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much. It would be terrible asset management to trade him.
might as well give him one more shot to get his shyt straight

trading him or releasing him really doesnt do much[DOUBLEPOST=1397532960][/DOUBLEPOST]
My whole point was he should have been traded by now.

We lost our opportunity to get any value for him.

We blew that one. I whole heartedly believe his tenure here isn't going to end well. Others can be him in the HOF though if they want

you dont trade franchise pass rushers, only qbs are harder to find

Daps
might as well give him one more shot to get his shyt straight

trading him or releasing him really doesnt do much[DOUBLEPOST=1397532960][/DOUBLEPOST]

you dont trade franchise pass rushers, only qbs are harder to find

He isn't a franchise player because he's such a fukkup.

You don't bet the farm on a guy like Aldon Smith, if you do, you're a moron.

Tell me, if you think he's a franchise pass rusher, you ready to pay him like that. You know, talking like 12m a year for many years?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tell me, if you think he's a franchise pass rusher, you ready to pay him like that. You know, talking like 12m a year for many years?
hes the modern day LT, i know what trading a franchise pass rusher can do. forget the past and your doomed to repeat the same mistakes

Daps
hes the modern day LT, i know what trading a franchise pass rusher can do. forget the past and your doomed to repeat the same mistakes

Yeah, is that so.

He's LT now.

Okay.

Cut the storybook Charles Haley bullshyt. Like every fukkup becomes Haley, like there aren't 20 dudes who completely blow it compared to the 1 fukkup who has a long great career.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

i see your point... but wasn't LT, LT...

meaning he was a fukk up by today's standards.. imagine if TMZ was following around LT in the 80s and 90s..

until a player completely fukks up in a way that he can't play on the field anymore... they'll always be a spot on some billionaire's team...

and the best part is..... yea... pay him 12 million.. the second he fukks it up completely, you cut him, don't pay him... and chalk it up to "good behavior" clause in his contract... so essentially you lose absolutely nothing..

just ask the patriots about that money they "fukked up" giving to hernandez.. they used him up for his good time.. oh he fukked up... thank you for the money back.. we ain't paying shyt