A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Daps
thing is crabtree will want premium money and theres no way for the FO to spin it, whereas aldon can arguably come at a discount because of his shyt

on other hand, something tells me aldon will be more valued in the FA market to other teams. great pass rushers seem to be more valuable on the market nowadays than wr's.

I can't see a way in which Aldon comes at a discount.

I think if that were to happen he`d have to test the market at least and see what he comes back with.

I`m pretty much hoping we let Aldon leave, don't trust em.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I can't see a way in which Aldon comes at a discount.

I think if that were to happen he`d have to test the market at least and see what he comes back with.

I`m pretty much hoping we let Aldon leave, don't trust em.

Like stated earlier in the thread, we have Aldon for another 3 years, so it's not even that imperative to resign him this offseason or next.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
He's about one fukkup away from a year long suspension.

You got that much faith in the guy?

If there is some real value there, I say get what we can while we can, let Lemonier play.

Aldon Smith has HOF potential. Lemenoir is servicable, but Lemenoir will never be Aldon Smith...ever. Lemenoir is basically an updated version of Manny Lawson. That's not a dig or anything, that's the truth. He'll get you 5-8 sacks a season and be decent, but he's not a game changer and Aldon is.

Is he one fawkup away from a year long suspension...maybe. I have faith that he knows that, the team knows that, and that they're both doing what's necessary for that not to happen.

Daps
Aldon Smith has HOF potential. Lemenoir is servicable, but Lemenoir will never be Aldon Smith...ever. Lemenoir is basically an updated version of Manny Lawson. That's not a dig or anything, that's the truth. He'll get you 5-8 sacks a season and be decent, but he's not a game changer and Aldon is.

Is he one fawkup away from a year long suspension...maybe. I have faith that he knows that, the team knows that, and that they're both doing what's necessary for that not to happen.

Aldon definitely has great potential.

Lemonier is a servicable player and has nowhere near the talent, but i`m just tired of Aldon's fukkups and i`d rather see us trade Aldon and get something big for him than to see him get a big payday and continue his fukkup ways.

Hopefully he just found the lord or some BS and stays clean

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I disagree about Lemonier, he is better than serviceable, he has the potential to be very good. He was a rookie and played above that level last year, in his few snaps.

But Aldon Smith is a once in a decade talent. We need to keep him as much as possible even with the off the field stuff.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Mike Rumph was a solid safety/cb he just got hurt, can't predict that.

But in the case of Kaepernick dude is a top 10 QB. I understand what yseJ is saying but I disagree, we can't draft another guy of his talent level so easily, dude is a 5 tool QB and has elite arm strength, quick legs, ideal height. I think he is held back by our conservative coaching philosophy.

Our defense is incredible, but football games are won by scoring points. Kapaernick can do it multiple ways.

Plus most elite teams have consistency at QB.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Can ya'll be courteous enough to just dodge the Packers in the 'offs this coming season?

Thx in advanced!

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Our defense is incredible, but football games are won by scoring points
football games are won by scoring more points than defense allows to be scored on it.

-your captain obvious

for reference,
our defense has allowed 14.1, 17 and 17 points per game over last 3 seasons, respectively
an average nfl team over those years averaged 22, 22.8, and 23.4 points scored per game, respectively