A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Redskins gave up 3 first round picks to move up 4 slots... niners have the 30th picks and would move up 25... getting (2) second rounder and a third is ridiculous? that's cool tho, i was merely curious about what the pulse of the Faithful was.
thats just not Niners MO, man. its not happening. we can trade up in similar way we trade up for reid last draft, where we dont give up anything valuable

I do recall the Boldin discussion, that happened before the Niners admitted to missing on Jenkins or was it after? He worked out for you guys, you definitely needed him. But it's really a moot point because your QB threw it w/o touch to the wrong receiver at the end of that game. I'm sure if you all called a timeout beforehand, they could have drawn up a better play for Boldin.... not to rub salt, but since we're strolling down memory lane
before. its all good, I actually enjoy the masochism of breaking down of what went wrong, although that play quickly became overanalyzed. and yeah, on the previous play crabtree couldve easily gone outbounds but chose not to, which is often overlooked.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
thats just not Niners MO, man. its not happening. we can trade up in similar way we trade up for reid last draft, where we dont give up anything valuable

before. its all good, I actually enjoy the masochism of breaking down of what went wrong, although that play quickly became overanalyzed. and yeah, on the previous play crabtree couldve easily gone outbounds but chose not to, which is often overlooked.

word, i enjoy chopping it up with cats like you. I got lots of homies who are niner fans so it's all good. but even the shrewdest of teams like you and the pats, trade up from time to time... cuz in all honesty, i'd be pretty pissed if the raiders had watkins sitting at 5 but they end up trading the pick. unless it was with a team with an embarrassment of riches like y'all

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
the team was talent-barren till about 07 when we hit big in the draft with willis, staley, mcdonald, goldson and brown. the latter two were solid and the former 3 are a huge reason why we performed so well in last 3 years. its not a coincidence alex stats started to become much better since he came back in 09

again,we had this argument for thousand of times. I dont consider the qb position any more important than another position. no offense, but youre not going to be the one to convince me otherwise.

funny how those two statements are near-contradictory and ironic, since you were the one lobbying like crazy for alex when harbaugh made the switch. just like you cant believe that we can have something BETTER and cost-effective now, you couldnt believe it then.
if we had people like yourself in charge of technology, we would still be rocking flip phones

:mjlol: Ive posted a thousand times on this board, ben and eli werent considered good qbs till they won the SB, with their D carrying them. how were they doing without good defenses last year ?

garbage blanket statements. taking this as an axiom is why you simply cant ever see or understand my position.

:snoop:

We don't have to do this brother. You wear the same shield as me, bleed the same blood as me and have the same love. Matter fact I love you man. We can agree to disagree and respect each other

In the end, really "who's got it better than us?"

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:snoop:

We don't have to do this brother. You wear the same shield as me, bleed the same blood as me and have the same love. Matter fact I love you man. We can agree to disagree and respect each other

In the end, really "who's got it better than us?"
imo its ok to argue for what you believe in, even if we are on the same side of the fence long-term :manny:

its all good tho breh

Daps
Won't be able to afford money wise

Kaep and Aldon gonna take up everything next year

Crab gone

I`d rather them try to keep Crabtree than Aldon.

I`m fine with either of them leaving honestly, but so far Aldon has proven to be a pretty miserable person and we don't know if he is on the right path or is just one more bad mistake from being a humongous waste of talent.

Crabtree is a very good player and doesn't come with the off the field BS.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After Garcia.... For so many years we went through terrible seasons with horrible QB's.

Then we got A Smith but do to terrible coaching he wasn't able to play to his potential, then we finally get a coach in that builds guys up and make a choice to draft and play Kaep.... And decision that's payed off great from where he has lead us.

And cats really wanna gamble on not paying Kaep and hope that another QB will land in our laps or believe in Blaine?? :mjlol:

Some folk really think the QB has to do absolutely nothing and we can be contenders that way. I understand not wanting the guy to get paid, but to act like a bumbling stiff can take this team far is ridiculous. Some teams go decades looking for a competent franchise QB.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I`d rather them try to keep Crabtree than Aldon.

I`m fine with either of them leaving honestly, but so far Aldon has proven to be a pretty miserable person and we don't know if he is on the right path or is just one more bad mistake from being a humongous waste of talent.

Crabtree is a very good player and doesn't come with the off the field BS.
thing is crabtree will want premium money and theres no way for the FO to spin it, whereas aldon can arguably come at a discount because of his shyt

on other hand, something tells me aldon will be more valued in the FA market to other teams. great pass rushers seem to be more valuable on the market nowadays than wr's.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Some folk really think the QB has to do absolutely nothing and we can be contenders that way. I understand not wanting the guy to get paid, but to act like a bumbling stiff can take this team far is ridiculous. Some teams go decades looking for a competent franchise QB.

Yes..... Unless you're Defense is 100% official and your Special Teams are just as great along with some other strong Xfactors.

No teams is gonna be great with a mediocre to garbage QB.

From Montana to Kap.... 18 QB's!!!

I posted them. Only 2 were good (Young and Garcia), after that Smith was prolly the best but got a raw deal and injuries. Kaep is better than all them other cats.

Let's not risk going through another 16 to find a great QB when we currently have a team that's ready. I think our "rebuilding" stage ended the year we went to the SB.

We at the big table now

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
some folks really think teams go decades looking for a franchise qb, for any other reason besides their own incompetency in building the dline and oline
some folks really think that pro bowl careers werent denied to many qbs ultimately considered busts because of shytty olines and shytty defensessome folks really think a qb by themselves
some folks really think quarterbacks 'take teams' like magicians, from being trash to playoffs :mjlol:
some folks really think a team with 1st overall pick labeled as a bust at qb, and then with a 1st year starter at qb, got to combined 24-7-1 and went to two nfc championships, because of those players talent :mjlol:

some folks prolly thought getting a stiff qb labeled a bust from tampa bay was a mistake.
some folks prolly thought sending joe to the chiefs was a mistake because we need to 'stick with what we had'

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yes..... Unless you're Defense is 100% official and your Special Teams are just as great along with some other strong Xfactors.

No teams is gonna be great with a mediocre to garbage QB.

From Montana to Kap.... 18 QB's!!!

I posted them. Only 2 were good (Young and Garcia), after that Smith was prolly the best but got a raw deal and injuries. Kaep is better than all them other cats.
funny, I counted pittsburgh steelers being a dominant team, starting neil odonell kordell steward and tommy maddox at qb

you know what was the main factor of all steelers teams (including one with ben)? top 5 d.
its that simple, but qb lovers will always skim through this.

from 92 to 2002 the steelers went to 8 playoffs and 4 conference games, with those 3 guys at qb. well neil mcdonell wasnt a mediocre qb, but he was never considered really 'good' by people because he did what a qb supposed to without being prolific or anything

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
funny, I counted pittsburgh steelers being a dominant team, starting neil odonell kordell steward and tommy maddox at qb

you know what was the main factor of all steelers teams (including one with ben)? top 5 d.
its that simple, but qb lovers will always skim through this.

from 92 to 2002 the steelers went to 8 playoffs and 4 conference games, with those 3 guys at qb. well neil mcdonell wasnt a mediocre qb, but he was never considered really 'good' by people because he did what a qb supposed to without being prolific or anything

That's 3 QB's compared to.... Let's say 14

3:14 ratio..... Let's not sit here and pretend that any of them 14 were better than the 3 the Steelers by any measure bruh.... I'm not naive to what you're trying to say but come on man.

If any of the 14 bums would've been half as good as them.... We would've been much better off

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That's 3 QB's compared to.... Let's say 14

3:14 ratio..... Let's not sit here and pretend that any of them 14 were better than the 3 the Steelers by any measure bruh.... I'm not naive to what you're trying to say but come on man.

If any of the 14 bums would've been half as good as them.... We would've been much better off
dog....what was our defense ranked with those qbs ? even with alex, who you say was short-changed. when defense started improving, so did his game and overall team.

how can it be any more clear cut that defense is the one that gave us the much needed shot in 2011 ? los, aldon, whitner came in, bowman started over takeo and vic crushed it.
alex could now afford to play his game and shyt fell into place. it wasnt alex suddenly knowing how to play better. it wasnt harbaugh doing magic on him

now dont get me wrong. Im not saying a bum qb like jawalrus or kyle boller would be acceptable even with our defense. but the qbs only matter on extremes. you have top 5 elite qbs and you have bums. anything in the between is interchangeable, easily given a good defense. and if you dont have a good defense, then you should build one.

I guarantee you this team wouldnt do anything with a shyt defense with alex OR kaep at qb. it simply isnt designed to win by offense
alex - it was already proven. kaep, well I hope it doesnt come down to proving that.

is there a possibility of failure when you just miss on a qb in the draft ? yeah. but so is with any other position. if we miss on our corners in this draft and end up drafting mike rumph 2 and 3, shyt aint finna be pretty either.