A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:damn:You laughed at my 1st response.... That kinda hurt...... But one ponders the thought of does it hurt worse than reliving this :mjpls:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/08/5019164/49ers-quarterbacks.html

The team around Alex was bad, but it was not as bad as our record showed..... With better play calling and coaching at worst they should've been in the 8/9 game winning season range. I mean the countless games where try would play solid for 3.5 quarters then somehow shyt the bed in the end.
the team was talent-barren till about 07 when we hit big in the draft with willis, staley, mcdonald, goldson and brown. the latter two were solid and the former 3 are a huge reason why we performed so well in last 3 years. its not a coincidence alex stats started to become much better since he came back in 09

:childplease:There is a difference from Brown to Kaep are you kidding? Kaep is a dynamic player! It's crazy like when I hear other fans try to shyt on Kaep for maybe a couple of the games where he may have had under 300 yards passing but ignore the things he did to keep the chains moving and lead the running game when cats completely shut Gore down.
again,we had this argument for thousand of times. I dont consider the qb position any more important than another position. no offense, but youre not going to be the one to convince me otherwise.

:youngsabo:Under them same type of games when we had Alex, we'd just punt the ball and maybe never even get past the 50 yard line.

It's not about being QB crazy but it's about recognizing when you have a good thing and sticking with it.
funny how those two statements are near-contradictory and ironic, since you were the one lobbying like crazy for alex when harbaugh made the switch. just like you cant believe that we can have something BETTER and cost-effective now, you couldnt believe it then.
if we had people like yourself in charge of technology, we would still be rocking flip phones

Look at all the past teams that have been great and may have won SB. THESE TEAMS HAD THE SAME DAMN QB!!!

Brady, Ben Rape, Manning, or all the so called top tier ELITE QB's been playing for the same teams for years. I haven't seen too many great/strong teams be consistent or strong teams with a a new QB every year or other year.
:mjlol: Ive posted a thousand times on this board, ben and eli werent considered good qbs till they won the SB, with their D carrying them. how were they doing without good defenses last year ?

Everyone knows QB is arguably the top position in the game.
garbage blanket statements. taking this as an axiom is why you simply cant ever see or understand my position.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Would Niner fans be open to trading their first 4 picks to jump in the draft for the Raiders 5th overall?
why ? it makes no sense. there is no cant-miss corner or even WR in there. no point since we need to grab two good CBs, and preferrably a WR, SS and C/G in first 3 rounds

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
30th overall, your (2) 2nd round and 3rd round pick? Just curious... would your draft picks all make the team anyhow? Outside of your glaring need at WR and CB (thanks to Culliver), what else do you need?
there probably drafting 3 cbs, 1 wr, 1 c, and one safety with their top 6 picks

i think there trading away the rest for next 2015 draft

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
why ? it makes no sense. there is no cant-miss corner or even WR in there. no point since we need to grab two good CBs, and preferrably a WR, SS and C/G in first 3 rounds

you dont like watkins or evans? that's interesting.. Quik and I were chopping it up about the draft and consideirng the raiders dont have a 5th and 6th round pick, the only other team with picks were the Niners. just curious what knowledgeable fans like you thought of the top 10 prospects.

i pretty much expected the predictable emoticon responses from the other fans of this team

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
you dont like watkins or evans? that's interesting.. Quik and I were chopping it up about the draft and consideirng the raiders dont have a 5th and 6th round pick, the only other team with picks were the Niners. just curious what knowledgeable fans like you thought of the top 10 prospects.

i pretty much expected the predictable emoticon responses from the other fans of this team
Won't be able to afford money wise

Kaep and Aldon gonna take up everything next year

Crab gone

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

niners are about building for the present and future, you dont do that by giving up all those picks and sacrifice the future

im sure the niners would love to get a top 10 pick but it doesnt make sense in the big picture

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Crab gone

Crab gone
theres a rookie pool for cap, it has no bearing on resigning fas

niners dont have to sign aldon long term for at least 3 years so dont worry about him plus he has to show hes clean and back on the right track

the new cba screws the players but not the teams, what a bunch of dummies

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

honestly, your offer was ridiculous so those responses were warranted imo...theres no way we do this. Evans is nice but hes not a Mega/AJG/Julio type talent imo (and watkins is a step below imo), and we need corners badly. 4 picks for moving up to #5 in this deep a draft is just a pipe dream breh.

btw since youre in here, remember how you were talking bout boldin being a bad trade for us before last season ? :ufdup: and yeah, Im patting myself on the back, lol

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
theres a rookie pool for cap, it has no bearing on resigning fas

niners dont have to sign aldon long term for at least 3 years so dont worry about him plus he has to show hes clean and back on the right track

the new cba screws the players but not the teams, what a bunch of dummies
After a year that shyt will count will still be to much

What u saying tag Aldon?

shyt still counts against cap

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
honestly, your offer was ridiculous so those responses were warranted imo...theres no way we do this. Evans is nice but hes not a Mega/AJG/Julio type talent imo (and watkins is a step below imo), and we need corners badly. 4 picks for moving up to #5 in this deep a draft is just a pipe dream breh.

btw since youre in here, remember how you were talking bout boldin being a bad trade for us before last season ? :ufdup: and yeah, Im patting myself on the back, lol

Redskins gave up 3 first round picks to move up 4 slots... niners have the 30th picks and would move up 25... getting (2) second rounder and a third is ridiculous? that's cool tho, i was merely curious about what the pulse of the Faithful was.

I do recall the Boldin discussion, that happened before the Niners admitted to missing on Jenkins or was it after? He worked out for you guys, you definitely needed him. But it's really a moot point because your QB threw it w/o touch to the wrong receiver at the end of that game. I'm sure if you all called a timeout beforehand, they could have drawn up a better play for Boldin.... not to rub salt, but since we're strolling down memory lane

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Redskins gave up 3 first round picks to move up 4 slots... niners have the 30th picks and would move up 25... getting (2) second rounder and a third is ridiculous? that's cool tho, i was merely curious about what the pulse of the Faithful was.

I do recall the Boldin discussion, that happened before the Niners admitted to missing on Jenkins or was it after? He worked out for you guys, you definitely needed him. But it's really a moot point because your QB threw it w/o touch to the wrong receiver at the end of that game. I'm sure if you all called a timeout beforehand, they could have drawn up a better play for Boldin.... not to rub salt, but since we're strolling down memory lane
That's why the skins blow balls

Nh

That trade was stupid as fuk