A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Man they need to make a rule that says one player can only make like 15% of the total cap

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
its not a bad idea per se, the exact number can be adjusted.

1 player getting 20% of the cap and 52 other players combined getting 80% is ridiculous.

plus it doubles as a parity check.

too bad this will never be done. owners rather raise cap each year and fukk around with profit numbers than stopping to fap to qbs throwing the ball around.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
After Garcia.... For so many years we went through terrible seasons with horrible QB's.

Then we got A Smith but do to terrible coaching he wasn't able to play to his potential, then we finally get a coach in that builds guys up and make a choice to draft and play Kaep.... And decision that's payed off great from where he has lead us.

And cats really wanna gamble on not paying Kaep and hope that another QB will land in our laps or believe in Blaine?? :mjlol:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
not resigning brown can hurt us now...still think we might be ok with brock wright and a rookie but its getting pretty thin.

cully is an idiot for doing this shyt, I dont understand it all. how hard is it get out the car and talk to the biker ? :snoop: hope he doesnt get suspended
He ran because he had a suspended license... So he wasn't supposed to be driving in the first place.
Doubt they cut him, though. He'll percent get suspended at the beginning of the season but other than that....
Niners were already gonna draft at least 2 corners in their first 6 picks. I read speculation that if Sammy Watkins drops to around 8-10 they might make a move for him. I think that's out of the question now. They need CB's.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't see us using more than 3 of the 6 picks we have in the first 3 rounds. Maaaybe we use 4 but we are gonna be trading up at some point and stock more picks for next year. It's the HarBaalke way :manny:

I read speculation that if Sammy Watkins drops to around 8-10 they might make a move for him. I think that's out of the question now. They need CB's.

I don't see Sammy dropping that low :patrice:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I don't see us using more than 3 of the 6 picks we have in the first 3 rounds. Maaaybe we use 4 but we are gonna be trading up at some point and stock more picks for next year. It's the HarBaalke way :manny:

I don't see Sammy dropping that low :patrice:

Yeah, I expect us to trade some of those pics. We don't have holes so stock piling picks for next year is always a plus.
As far as Sammy goes, you never know how the draft is going to shake out. I'd be surprised if he dropped that far, but stranger things have happened.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
After Garcia.... For so many years we went through terrible seasons with horrible QB's.

Then we got A Smith
we played a whole ONE year without garcia before we got smith...yeah so many years :mjlol:

but do to terrible coaching he wasn't able to play to his potential
no, alex was garbage because team around him was garbage.

thats what you qb lovers dont understand. its really simple, this a winning team simply because of defense.

And cats really wanna gamble on not paying Kaep and hope that another QB will land in our laps
we've been through this before. yes, some of us do. there is no difference between letting brown go for 3.5m and letting kaep go for 18+m, to me. yall keep asking this question already knowing the answer we'll give you, refusing to put yourself in shoes of those who refuse to bow down to qbs as the holy grail of football and consider it just another position

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
we played a whole ONE year without garcia before we got smith...yeah so many years :mjlol:

no, alex was garbage because team around him was garbage.

thats what you qb lovers dont understand. its really simple, this a winning team simply because of defense.

we've been through this before. yes, some of us do. there is no difference between letting brown go for 3.5m and letting kaep go for 18+m, to me. yall keep asking this question already knowing the answer we'll give you, refusing to put yourself in shoes of those who refuse to bow down to qbs as the holy grail of football and consider it just another position

:damn:You laughed at my 1st response.... That kinda hurt...... But one ponders the thought of does it hurt worse than reliving this :mjpls:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/08/5019164/49ers-quarterbacks.html

The team around Alex was bad, but it was not as bad as our record showed..... With better play calling and coaching at worst they should've been in the 8/9 game winning season range. I mean the countless games where try would play solid for 3.5 quarters then somehow shyt the bed in the end.

:childplease:There is a difference from Brown to Kaep are you kidding? Kaep is a dynamic player! It's crazy like when I hear other fans try to shyt on Kaep for maybe a couple of the games where he may have had under 300 yards passing but ignore the things he did to keep the chains moving and lead the running game when cats completely shut Gore down.

:youngsabo:Under them same type of games when we had Alex, we'd just punt the ball and maybe never even get past the 50 yard line.

It's not about being QB crazy but it's about recognizing when you have a good thing and sticking with it.

Look at all the past teams that have been great and may have won SB. THESE TEAMS HAD THE SAME DAMN QB!!!

Brady, Ben Rape, Manning, or all the so called top tier ELITE QB's been playing for the same teams for years. I haven't seen too many great/strong teams be consistent or strong teams with a a new QB every year or other year.

Everyone knows QB is arguably the top position in the game. Unless we can get Luck or someone on that level and young or better. We gotta keep what we got

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Then we got A Smith but do to terrible coaching he wasn't able to play to his potential, then we finally get a coach in that builds guys up and make a choice to draft and play Kaep.... And decision that's payed off great from where he has lead us.

And cats really wanna gamble on not paying Kaep and hope that another QB will land in our laps or believe in Blaine?? :mjlol:

we have to remember mccarthey was alexs o-cord for the first year

hes done pretty well as a head coach

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Would Niner fans be open to trading their first 4 picks to jump in the draft for the Raiders 5th overall?

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps

30th overall, your (2) 2nd round and 3rd round pick? Just curious... would your draft picks all make the team anyhow? Outside of your glaring need at WR and CB (thanks to Culliver), what else do you need?

dza

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area.
30th overall, your (2) 2nd round and 3rd round pick? Just curious... would your draft picks all make the team anyhow? Outside of your glaring need at WR and CB (thanks to Culliver), what else do you need?
I think we'll trade up but not that high up. I think we gonna go WR, CB, OL, LB, S, and QB.