A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
that's not official yet

even if seattle signs allen, staley can handle him. and allen would have the seahawks front 7 even more susceptible vs the run
Ill agree with this. allen can still play and I think he can actually still kill staley like he did in 2012, but hags are strengthening their main strength, and it does not address run d issues as much. allen wont be able to stop our RBs, let alone kaep when given holes.

I mean, people already cant pass on them, now it will be harder to pass on them :manny:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ill agree with this. allen can still play and I think he can actually still kill staley like he did in 2012, but hags are strengthening their main strength, and it does not address run d issues as much. allen wont be able to stop our RBs, let alone kaep when given holes.

I mean, people already cant pass on them, now it will be harder to pass on them :manny:

then you have to run and stay out of third and long

allen can play as long as he doesnt play on run downs, he can be strictly a pass rusher for them

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
then you have to run and stay out of third and long

allen can play as long as he doesnt play on run downs, he can be strictly a pass rusher for them
lets just say I dont think its as huge a signing as it sounds on paper.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lets just say I dont think its as huge a signing as it sounds on paper.
hes not what he used to be but he can be effective especially depth wise

niners need to learn how to zone block a little especially when playing in seattle where that d-line is beating them to the punch

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's keep it funky Jared Allen is overrated. Him signing on the Seahawks means shyt. Jared Allen is a great pass rusher, but he can't stop the run, and we are a running team. Also, Joe Staley did not do as bad against Jared Allen as people suggest either way, the Hawks signed the BPA nothing more. This means nothing. Again, I'm more interested in how they draft.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Let's keep it funky Jared Allen is overrated. Him signing on the Seahawks means shyt. Jared Allen is a great pass rusher, but he can't stop the run, and we are a running team. Also, Joe Staley did not do as bad against Jared Allen as people suggest either way, the Hawks signed the BPA nothing more. This means nothing. Again, I'm more interested in how they draft.
He may be overrated (I don't think he is; he's averaging 13 sacks a season for his carrer and even if you take out his 22 sack season, he's still averaging 12 sacks a season for his carrer and had 11.5 last year), but he's an excellent pass rusher...and that's all their bringing him in for. I doubt he plays every down....probably only obvious passing downs but he's still a disruptive force.
Also, you're looking at it from a prospective of when they play us. What about the other 14 games they play? Jared Allen will do more good for them simply because of the extra attention he'll garner.
This all might be a moot point, though. He hasn't signed.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/author/ebranch/

One year after his exit, safety Dashon Goldson is still contributing to the 49ers. Thanks partly to the loss of the two-time Pro Bowler to Tampa Bay in free agency last year, the 49ers today received a third-round compensatory draft pick, No. 100 overall, in May’s draft. The compensatory picks were announced at the NFL

:blessed:

third round pick nikkas!

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well damn, thanks Hawk :laugh:

We better do something great with all these damn picks :ufdup:

1. First round: Own pick, No. 30 overall
2. Second round: Kansas City pick in 2013 Alex Smith trade, No. 56 overall
3. Second round: Own pick, No. 61 overall
4. Third round: Tennessee pick in 2013 draft day trade, No. 77 overall
5. Third round: Own pick, No. 94 overall
6. Third: Compensatory, No. 100
7. Fourth round: Own pick, TBA
8. Fifth round: Own pick, TBA
9. Seventh round: New Orleans pick from Parys Haralson trade, TBA
10. Seventh round: Carolina pick from 2012 Colin Jones trade, TBA
11. Seventh round: Own pick, TBA
via mm

:takedat:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
even tho baalke flat out denied us looking at desean pft still pushin that bs ? :why: