A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, free agency has been dissapointing as fukk. But we all knew that this draft was going to be the most important in years for us, it will determine if we can keep being contenders.

That said, this coming season does look like a 7-9 type of year. Too many changes and all we'll have is untested fixes (Lattimore, draft picks) :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, free agency has been dissapointing as fukk. But we all knew that this draft was going to be the most important in years for us, it will determine if we can keep being contenders.

That said, this coming season does look like a 7-9 type of year. Too many changes and all we'll have is untested fixes (Lattimore, draft picks) :manny:

7-9 is kinda harsh don't ya think. :ld:

I know we gotta play the AFC West and NFC East this year, but the only games that I really expect to be tough are in New Orleans and in Denver.

Philly - not scared
Cowboys - :childplease:
Redskings - :beli:
Giants - nope (lost too much IMO)

Chiefs - :snooze:
Raiders - :rudy:
Chargers - :patrice: (we got em at the big zipper)

Our other strength of schedule game is Chicago. Not worried as long as Jay cutler is back there.

Hardest games will easily be our division games. Expect a anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 tops.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
7-9 is kinda harsh don't ya think. :ld:

I know we gotta play the AFC West and NFC East this year, but the only games that I really expect to be tough are in New Orleans and in Denver.

Philly - not scared
Cowboys - :childplease:
Redskings - :beli:
Giants - nope (lost too much IMO)

Chiefs - :snooze:
Raiders - :rudy:
Chargers - :patrice: (we got em at the big zipper)

Our other strength of schedule game is Chicago. Not worried as long as Jay cutler is back there.
Hardest games will easily be our division games. Expect a anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 tops.

It's the NFL, we don't know how good or bad any of those teams will be (well, except maybe Dallas and Oakland :lolbron:). shyt changes every season and we might take a step a back if our new replacements don't work, that's my point.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think this is the year baalke getting too cute might cost us.

I see 10 wins if we stay relatively healthy. As long as the D can perform we will always have a chance.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

we really haven't had a lot of major changes imo

we're bringing back 18 of 22 starters from last year and the starters that are gone (whitner/rogers/brown/goodwin) aren't exactly irreplaceable. and the projected replacement starters (bethea/cully/brock/kilgore) all have their fair share of experience besides kilgore. time will if there's a major dropoff but i don't think there will be

i think we're in a better spot than people realize. i think the thing is that a lot of fans are getting restless after seeing 3 deep playoff runs and no ring yet

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

I see 10 wins if we stay relatively healthy. As long as the D can perform we will always have a chance.
how was he getting cute tho ? besides the gabbert signing, all other signings was basically us trying to find things really cheap. we were hesitant to start a safety from draft so we got a vet for 6m guaranteed with bethea
other signings non-consequential.

with a huge kaep deal imminent, we basically have to play the draft. judging from TBs quote after joining raiders, the trend is we are going forward with younger players

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
like Ive said, the WR visits were just for procedure. to show that were not sitting on our ass and still conduct business. we werent signing any of those guys to be #4 targets.

for someone like nicks, its infinitely better to be behind wayne (just off a huge injury) and hilton on a pass-heavy team with luck than be behind healthy (knock on wood) quan, crabs, vd on a run-first team with kaep at qb. its not even a choice imo. no one wants to sign a short contract to be underused like ginn was, only to enter the market again when people think less of your value

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
we really haven't had a lot of major changes imo

we're bringing back 18 of 22 starters from last year and the starters that are gone (whitner/rogers/brown/goodwin) aren't exactly irreplaceable. and the projected replacement starters (bethea/cully/brock/kilgore) all have their fair share of experience besides kilgore. time will if there's a major dropoff but i don't think there will be

i think we're in a better spot than people realize. i think the thing is that a lot of fans are getting restless after seeing 3 deep playoff runs and no ring yet
agreed. we just HAVE to hit on this draft, at least one guy and a previous draft (tank, lattimore).

if tank can be a good heir to justin and we get a good CB in the draft, we're set until after next year when huge question will loom ahead (crabs/aldon/iupati) with no money

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how was he getting cute tho ? besides the gabbert signing, all other signings was basically us trying to find things really cheap. we were hesitant to start a safety from draft so we got a vet for 6m guaranteed with bethea
other signings non-consequential.

with a huge kaep deal imminent, we basically have to play the draft. judging from TBs quote after joining raiders, the trend is we are going forward with younger players

HarBaalke have been "cute" ever since they were united. Sometimes it worked out. Other times it didn't. Not really talking about this offseason. Talking about since they been together. Again, a lot of the cute decisions worked. Some did not.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
like Ive said, the WR visits were just for procedure. to show that were not sitting on our ass and still conduct business. we werent signing any of those guys to be #4 targets.

for someone like nicks, its infinitely better to be behind wayne (just off a huge injury) and hilton on a pass-heavy team with luck than be behind healthy (knock on wood) quan, crabs, vd on a run-first team with kaep at qb. its not even a choice imo. no one wants to sign a short contract to be underused like ginn was, only to enter the market again when people think less of your value

We never needed receivers anyways. Kaep, Harbaugh, Roman need to take advantage of the talent there and if it's more of the same...I'm a be pissed the fukk off.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i actually think the 9ers did an OK job with FA by bringing in a cheaper replacement for whitner and trading a 7th round pick for martin. i read a stat that said bathea had 0 personal fouls last year so that's a positive. i trust balkee with all of these draft picks so i'm only worried about player development and kaep's contract right now.

weren't most of you saying the 9ers would be lucky to win 9 games last year? yet they ended up winning 12, made it to the nfc championship and would have made it to the super bowl if it werent for a great defensive play that only 2 CBs in the league can make (sherman and revis). 9ers will be good.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
weren't most of you saying the 9ers would be lucky to win 9 games last year? yet they ended up winning 12, made it to the nfc championship and would have made it to the super bowl if it werent for a great defensive play that only 2 CBs in the league can make (sherman and revis). 9ers will be good.

This. Some of the same people that said that were still complaining even though the team exceeded their initial expectations.

Daps

To me it's not even about the poor acquisitions, that was expected .

It's more about the lack of retaining players we could have on the cheap.

Daps

Couldn't agree more.

Team got so much fukkery going on and at some point the straw breaks the camels back.

Baalke really looking more and more replaceable by the day/