A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
thurmond cant that expensive at all

gotta be like a 2-3m a yr
thing about thurmond is that he'll likely demand the most money from us
Im all for him. Im still kinda skeptical both on cully and brock. thurmond is at very least a rock solid nickel/slot corner even if we account for the fact that he played with some great DBs.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Per sources, coming into the offseason Denver was 29th and we were 30th cap number wise. If you think we can afford to just wait it out... that's not how this league works. Denver went all in not only because Peyton will be gone soon but because this is the NFL. You have a small window. Look how fast Arizona and St. Louis became competent franchises. Plus, as everyone is noting, we have to pay Kaepernick like a superstar QB in the very near future. THIS was the year to make a run at it. If not now, then when?

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thurmond cant that expensive at all

gotta be like a 2-3m a yr

Brown played himself hard. They offered T.Brown 3/10. I think they could have gotten Thurmond for a little more. Cook does nothing for me n/h. I'm not in love with the offseason we've had so far, but I don't hate it either. I do wish they'd take more chances in free agency, but I guess they can't since they don't really have the money. Again, like I've said for a minute this draft is crucial. Baalke and co. cannot blow it.

Luckily I don't believe anyone in NFC has improved that much because of free agency.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
ive been watching some clinton-dix film

his hips are atrocious

:scusthov:

cant play man for shyt

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Per sources, coming into the offseason Denver was 29th and we were 30th cap number wise. If you think we can afford to just wait it out... that's not how this league works. Denver went all in not only because Peyton will be gone soon but because this is the NFL. You have a small window. Look how fast Arizona and St. Louis became competent franchises. Plus, as everyone is noting, we have to pay Kaepernick like a superstar QB in the very near future. THIS was the year to make a run at it. If not now, then when?
they cut bailey (10m), didnt resign decker, drc or shaun philips.

nfc is tough,and so is our divison. hedging our future on one year is extremely dangerous and in my opinion, idiotic. if we dont win it all we end up even more fukked. running a franchise is also caring about the future.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

nfc is tough,and so is our divison. hedging our future on one year is extremely dangerous and in my opinion, idiotic. if we dont win it all we end up even more fukked. running a franchise is also caring about the future.

I can understand the broncos doing what they are doing though

manning has 2 years tops

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Breh, the cap situation isn't getting better, it's going to get worse... future? If they don't nail the draft, it's adios.. :lupe:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Breh, the cap situation isn't getting better, it's going to get worse... future? If they don't nail the draft, it's adios.. :lupe:
well at least we have our all pro ILBs locked up.
I think two factors will be huge: whether we re-sign kaep for crazy guap and how he will improve in the future and how well we can replace justin smith with tank. imo these factors will be huge. if kaep gets ton of money and doesnt improve passing, plus justin retires and tank is a bust, its finna be really tough to climb back on top.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I can understand the broncos doing what they are doing though

manning has 2 years tops
thing is their whole team depends on peyton. he goes down and theyre done.

Im actually not a fan of 2 of their 3 signings. Im cool with tj ward, hes pretty good even though a bit overrated.
but talib is crazy inconsistent, and ware is on big decline.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
well at least we have our all pro ILBs locked up.
I think two factors will be huge: whether we re-sign kaep for crazy guap and how he will improve in the future and how well we can replace justin smith with tank. imo these factors will be huge. if kaep gets ton of money and doesnt improve passing, plus justin retires and tank is a bust, its finna be really tough to climb back on top.
thats why im kinda hoping we sign another good wr (doubt we do)

if kaep cant do shyt with vernon, crab, boldin, and we will say emmauel sanders

then he :camby:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
thats why im kinda hoping we sign another good wr (doubt we do)

if kaep cant do shyt with vernon, crab, boldin, and we will say emmauel sanders

then he :camby:
it wont matter if he signs an extension before that tho. emmanuel sanders isnt very good either :manny:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
NFL free agency news: Anthony Dixon signing with Buffalo Bills
By David Fucillo@NinersNation on Mar 14 2014, 6:40p 16

134860909.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Ezra Shaw
The 49ers infectious special teamer is officially gone. Anthony Dixon announced on Twitter that he will be joining the Buffalo Bills.

TWEET (15) SHARE (1)  SHARE 16 COMMENTS ⋆ REC 1
And just like that, the Anthony "Boobie" Dixon era has come to an end in San Francisco. The 49ers running back and special teamer announced on Twitter that he will sign on the dotted line with the Buffalo Bills Saturday morning. The decision comes after he visited with them and the Tennessee Titans over the last week.

Dixon's departure is not surprising, but it still kind of sucks. He was never the best player on the 49ers, let alone the best running back, but he was a ball of energy that brought 100 percent to special teams. He wanted more opportunities as a running back, and I'm curious to see how much of a rushing opportunity he gets in Buffalo. He will slot in behind C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson on the depth chart. Those two split the bulk of the carries, but they also both have dealt with injury issues. According to Buffalo Rumblings, the Bills struggled in short yardage situations, so Dixon could get some work there. And considering both Spiller and Jackson are approaching free agency, maybe more opportunities will arise.

Dixon was always one of my favorite 49ers. While he was never a big contributor on offense, his infectious enthusiasm made him hard to dislike. Every single year it seemed like he was counted out. I think every single year when we put together our bubble watch articles, he was always on the wrong side of the bubble at one point or another in the offseason. The 49ers brought in numerous running backs and special teamers over his four seasons with the 49ers, and he continually earned a roster spot. He excelled on special teams, he learned the fullback role, and he did short yardage work. He was a jack of all trades, master of none, and he was easy to like.

The 49ers lose a very talented special teams contributor, but they've got talent to fill the void. If they get Kassim Osgood back for another year, he adds further depth. Nick Moody is the guy who will get more opportunities in the coming season. He missed a sizable chunk of 2013 with a broken hand, but will get opportunities in 2014 both on special teams, and as depth at linebacker while NaVorro Bowman is sidelined.

All that being said, Boobie will be missed. Best of luck in Buffalo!