A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
thurmond is really good, that should be the reason to sign him. I cant agree about weakening the rival thing, we really cant start looking at hags the same way theyve been looking at us. this team cant make decisions based on 'what it takes to beat the hags' mentality, it will fail if we approach shyt like that.

This. The Seahawks have their own set of problems and we got ours. We gotta be the best team we can be and everything will even out. Besides other teams are gonna sign Seahawks players but it doesn't matter. Seattle drafts as well as do, arguably better and thats how they build.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Don't know about that dude has been unproductive, and overweight.

actually he's not that big for a dt. he's under 300 and i wouldnt say he's been unproductive. when he plays suh plays much better but his next contractvis gonna be ridiculous imo.

Daps
thurmond is really good, that should be the reason to sign him. I cant agree about weakening the rival thing, we really cant start looking at hags the same way theyve been looking at us. this team cant make decisions based on 'what it takes to beat the hags' mentality, it will fail if we approach shyt like that.

They won the SB, we didn't.

It's funny because the Seagals based their team around beating us, and they accomplished that and then won the Super Bowl.

Gotta face reality.

BTW, Thurmond is a good player no doubt.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that and roman wouldn't know how to use him

if lmj can't get involved in this offense, sproles wouldn't either

Would love to see us land Sproles just to see how badly Roman would misuse him.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LMJ can't hold onto a football, that isn't Roman's fault.

A liability is a liability no matter who calls the plays

Probably because he barely gets the ball. He's not going to improve on holding onto the ball by sitting on the sidelines. Doesn't excuse how poor Roman is at using the talent on this squad.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Probably because he barely gets the ball. He's not going to improve on holding onto the ball by sitting on the sidelines. Doesn't excuse how poor Roman is at using the talent on this squad.
I agree with this. We don't even know what we have with LMJ. As far as the "can't hold on to the ball" argument...he's had 1 fumble (rushing) in his career.

I think, though, he'll end up getting traded during the draft...and it'll be a total waste.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so we're also bringing in hakeem nicks and julian edelman for visits today

signing another vet WR doesn't make much sense at this point