A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-cb-cook-scheduled-visit-49ers

Cook had good size (6 foot 2) but is coming off a season in which he ranked near the bottom of NFL cornerbacks, according to Pro Football Focus’ grading system.

Cook, who started 11 games, surrendered nine touchdowns, tied for worst in the league. Opposing quarterbacks compiled a 140.3 passer rating against Cook, according PFF. In 29 career games, Cook has not recorded an interception.

:usure:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word, we have a young CB corps but a lot of these kids have been battle tested.
if culliver is 100 % back from his injury i have faith in him being a top cb but its the lack of depth which worries me

they gotta go early with cb no doubt

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
actually looks like verrett was a beast in vert jump. this means jumpballs shouldnt be an issue any more than for other CBs out there. he also ran 4.38...this is a prolly a pipe dream, we'd need to trade up at least as much as we did for reid imo to get him. someone finna bite on those measurements alone no homo

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
chris cook tho?

it's only a visit and i know taking on early round disappointments in free agency is harbaalke's M.O. but cook has nothing to offer this team

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
chris cook tho?

it's only a visit and i know taking on early round disappointments in free agency is harbaalke's M.O. but cook has nothing to offer this team
Yeah seems sometimes we just like bums as backups. Madieu Williams, Dahl, now cook and gabbert

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We love scraping the dumpster. Sometimes it works out.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
We love scraping the dumpster. Sometimes it works out.

We have done a better job dumpster diving than a lot of teams. Dahl isn't a starting safty but is good in special teams. I think Chris Cook would benefit from Ed Donatells coaching and he has the size we can use in certain packages.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
We have done a better job dumpster diving than a lot of teams. Dahl isn't a starting safty but is good in special teams. I think Chris Cook would benefit from Ed Donatells coaching and he has the size we can use in certain packages.
Yeah, Cook would be brought in for depth. Also, he's a bigger corner and can simulate what it'll be like to go against bigger corners in practice.

Terrell Brown is still available...

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-cb-cook-scheduled-visit-49ers

Cook had good size (6 foot 2) but is coming off a season in which he ranked near the bottom of NFL cornerbacks, according to Pro Football Focus’ grading system.

Cook, who started 11 games, surrendered nine touchdowns, tied for worst in the league. Opposing quarterbacks compiled a 140.3 passer rating against Cook, according PFF. In 29 career games, Cook has not recorded an interception.

:usure:

Chris cook will either get hurt and miss most of the season or disappoint you as a starter when he is in.(as relates to overall body of work)

Take it from me, a Vikings fam, when I say cook has all The tools, size, athleticism, etc, but he isn't all there in the head... Dude has zero awareness. He can lock down Megatron one game, then the next game Alshon Jeffery's will get 200+ yards and jump over him. That shyt was okay his first couple years, but now it is just downright infuriating to watch..

He could benefit from not having to play Brandon Marshall, Megatron, and Green Bay 6 times a year and maybe your coach can get through to him, but dude is yet to have an interception in the nfl, and he was drafted 2nd round of 2010.