A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
so we're also bringing in hakeem nicks and julian edelman for visits today

signing another vet WR doesn't make much sense at this point

Edelman or Nicks is better than anyone outside Crabtree or Boldin, question is would they take cheap deals. This also gives us time to train or groom whoever we draft, because we could possibly use those earlier picks on CB or Safety,

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
It's funny because the Seagals based their team around beating us
no they didnt. I was talking about their fans.
in no way did seattle base their team to beat us.

their team is based on crazy secondary and run game. our pass game hasnt ever been a strong suit and our run D was always very good to amazing.

yet all I hear nowadays is how we need moar receivers or passing to defeat the hags. thats something seattle FO never did, base their team around beating another team

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

their team is based on crazy secondary and run game. our pass game hasnt ever been a strong suit and our run D was always very good to amazing.

yet all I hear nowadays is how we need moar receivers or passing to defeat the hags. thats something seattle FO never did, base their team around beating another team

When Scott m joined them they specifically drafted big defensive players to match the niners

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
When Scott m joined them they specifically drafted big defensive players to match the niners
to match the Niners offense ? that cant be right... or model themselves after Niners defense ? if latter that isnt the same as building a team to counter another team, its more like emulating a good team. nothing wrong with that.

Daps

Seattle built up a hardnosed run first team. They built a clone of us and beat us (built a better version too)

We always lost to teams that were similar to our style, I feel that was Seattle's motivation in building that squad.

Daps
to match the Niners offense ? that cant be right... or model themselves after Niners defense ? if latter that isnt the same as building a team to counter another team, its more like emulating a good team. nothing wrong with that.

They emulated us because they knew we always caught the L to teams built like ours.

We could always beat New Orleans, New England, Green Bay types. And always caught the L to the good defense run first teams.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Seattle built up a hardnosed run first team. They built a clone of us and beat us (built a better version too)

We always lost to teams that were similar to our style, I feel that was Seattle's motivation in building that squad.
lets just say I dont believe being hardnosed is exclusive to Niners.

and actually..

Earl thomas and chancellor were drafted even before we were good -2010
so was sherman, kj wright, maxwell (2011)
marshawn lynch was brought in 2010

all this stuff happened in parallel really

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
They emulated us because they knew we always caught the L to teams built like ours.

We could always beat New Orleans, New England, Green Bay types. And always caught the L to the good defense run first teams.
again, we werent beating these teams till 2011

the players drafted after 2011 to seattles defense are bobby wagner and bruce irvin. everyone else was already there.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
yeah I dont see this at all after thinking about it more.
we only emerged as an elite team in 2011.

seattle had one year to 'model' themselves after us and the year after they won it all, with none of 2013 draft class really contributing much.

the foundation for their squad was laid far before we were even relevant, unless you're trying to argue that the draft 2012 is when they modeled after us (wagner, irvin, wilson) and it was the main reason they won

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
those WR visits are funny imo, we arent giving shyt in money to nicks or edelman (and if they wanted peanuts they couldve signed with their former teams, especially edelman)

sanders is very meh also