A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
This.
Dude was leading them weak ass raiders to the playoffs before he got hurt. He good.

Lets not forget that he wasn't bad with the redskins either. Very serviceable qb imo. Just always got brought into shytty situations. Campbell = carson palmer tbh :manny:

Daps
And yet you are championing Gabbert. I don't get you.:upsetfavre:

Nothing to get, i`m not championing Gabbert, just trying to bring reality to the situation.

People were acting like he was the worst ever and Smith was much better. when reality shows Gabbert actually has a better start to his career than Smith did.

I`m championing the idea of putting a little pressure on Colin. That is a must in my opinion

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I`m championing the idea of putting a little pressure on Colin. That is a must in my opinion
well I dont disagree with this, but imo gabbert is not an ideal candidate to put pressure on kaep. if Im kaep Id prplly laugh knowing he cant ever hold a candle to me and relax further :manny:

Last edited:
Daps
well I dont disagree with this, but imo gabbert is not an ideal candidate to put pressure on kaep. if Im kaep Id prplly laugh knowing he cant ever hold a handle to me and relax further :manny:

Well like I said, none of us wanted Harbaugh to keep Alex Smith when he first got here either.

I think Harbaugh can get the most out of any QB

I just don't think the moves a bad one due to the fact I hate the idea that Colin can hold us hostage for dough in 2015

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Nothing to get, i`m not championing Gabbert, just trying to bring reality to the situation.

People were acting like he was the worst ever and Smith was much better. when reality shows Gabbert actually has a better start to his career than Smith did.

gabbert aint shyt but an insurance policy. he knows he's going to san fran to hold kap's clipboard and kap knows it too. no pressure at all on kap

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I watched a good amount of db tape (even before we threw whitner to the wolves) and these guys seemed like a good fit to me:

jimmie ward SS. kinda smallish and still raw-ish for a SS. upside is that he can play slot corner, ss, fs and is generally versatile, and our staff loves this versatility. I think he can be had in very late 1st (slight reach) or somewhere at top-mid of 2nd
jason verett CB. again size might be a turnoff but he tackles very well for a kid his size and makes efforts to get off blocks. has hunger in his eyes similar to mathieu. I think we'll probably have to trade up to get him.

sidenote: marcus roberson CB is intriguing because he has best athletic cover corner ability. plays the ball extremely well for pass breakups. the bad he sucks off the ball, gives little effort to get off blocks and is weak in the run game plus his speed is questionable so he gets behind a lot (and then makes great pass breakups lol). doesnt sound like someone the staff would want, but I mention him anyway because I feel like his skillset in pass defending is the strongest Ive seen in this class.

Daps
gabbert aint shyt but an insurance policy. he knows he's going to san fran to hold kap's clipboard and kap knows it too. no pressure at all on kap

Say Kaep struggles in 2014, we win nothing again and Gabbert shows the FO and team something in practice/a game or two.

Maybe we won't fill so inclined to give Colin the whole farm. In reality, I hope we have to pay him 23m cause he wins us a SB, but I like the idea of grooming another QB as a bargaining chip either vs. Kaepernick or in a trade scenario.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reading comprehension is key.

Colin can put enough pressure on his self if we have the same old result in 2015.

What result is that? There is nothing about Gabbert that puts any kind of pressure on Colin. Even if Colin has a terrible season. A QB of Gabbert's caliber doesn't put pressure on anyone.

You're not making any sense here. Unless you're hanging the team's results on Kaep....which seems like what you're doing. So it's SB or bust? :dahell:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
also Im pretty sure TCU ran a 4-2-5 a lot, and we run a ton of this on passing down. yeah, I feel like if we get a corner, it should be verrett. the only thing is that hes 5'9 and may be bullied by guys like mega off jumpballs.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Say Kaep struggles in 2014, we win nothing again and Gabbert shows the FO and team something in practice/a game or two.

Maybe we won't fill so inclined to give Colin the whole farm. In reality, I hope we have to pay him 23m cause he wins us a SB, but I like the idea of grooming another QB as a bargaining chip either vs. Kaepernick or in a trade scenario.

as trade bait maybe but in no way will gabbert affect kap's standing whatsoever. if anything, i think roman would go before kap does.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
also Im pretty sure TCU ran a 4-2-5 a lot, and we run a ton of this on passing down. yeah, I feel like if we get a corner, it should be verrett. the only thing is that hes 5'9 and may be bullied by guys like mega off jumpballs.

not much you can do with guys like megatron. you need good corners that can keep you out of jumpball situations but yeah verrett is a good thought, hadnt really considered him.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Perhaps, but he's terry cloth soft.

I wouldn't call it a win until he proves he can go a season without his feelings being on the IR

im still trying to wrap my mind around the Jon Martin signing :why:

Stop it Jonathan Martin is 24 and has 2 years of starting experience, he is better than any O-Lineman we would have picked up in the draft this year in the 7TH ROUND. If he sucks we cut him but he is clearly replacing Snyder, and can play tackle and guard.

I watched a good amount of db tape (even before we threw whitner to the wolves) and these guys seemed like a good fit to me:

jimmie ward SS. kinda smallish and still raw-ish for a SS. upside is that he can play slot corner, ss, fs and is generally versatile, and our staff loves this versatility. I think he can be had in very late 1st (slight reach) or somewhere at top-mid of 2nd
jason verett CB. again size might be a turnoff but he tackles very well for a kid his size and makes efforts to get off blocks. has hunger in his eyes similar to mathieu. I think we'll probably have to trade up to get him.

sidenote: marcus roberson CB is intriguing because he has best athletic cover corner ability. plays the ball extremely well for pass breakups. the bad he sucks off the ball, gives little effort to get off blocks and is weak in the run game plus his speed is questionable so he gets behind a lot (and then makes great pass breakups lol). doesnt sound like someone the staff would want, but I mention him anyway because I feel like his skillset in pass defending is the strongest Ive seen in this class.

yup, size doesn't mean everything but I think we should use a pick on Jean-Pierre or Keith McGill.