A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Daps
I think Martin was mentally done in Miami, he considered killing himself
He's gonna replace what Kilgore did last year and he'll be swing player like Snyder

If he is mentally done after a little bit of locker room bullshytting (you seen the texts) how is he gonna hold up in a real crunch situation.

I just don't have a lot of respect for the mentally weak, who when confronted with adversity or intimidation, they tell the authority figure.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he is mentally done after a little bit of locker room bullshytting (you seen the texts) how is he gonna hold up in a real crunch situation.

I just don't have a lot of respect for the mentally weak, who when confronted with adversity or intimidation, they tell the authority figure.

he'll get his chance, theres no guarantee he makes the team

hes not your typical football player, he handled the way his parents would of. hes not from the hood, his parents are second generation ivy league grads

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

hes not your typical football player, he handled the way his parents would of. hes not from the hood, his parents are second generation ivy league grads

Now his mom can drive him to practice and wash his uniform.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i hear what your sayin, but that whole situation in MIA with John Matin made him look like a total bytch. Players have said that they wouldnt want him in the locker room
again, worrying too much about stuff that isnt pertaining to on the field game

if that was a random named OT and not "that" john martin you wouldnt give two craps that we got him for a conditional, would you ?

Daps

A lot of players who play in the NFL aren't from the hood.

He's the first one who ran away and tell the authority about his bullying issues.

Dude is fukking S-A-W-F-T SAWFT!

tumblr_msbfugwkBc1qixp4wo1_500.gif

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
A lot of players who play in the NFL aren't from the hood.

He's the first one who ran away and tell the authority about his bullying issues.

Dude is fukking S-A-W-F-T SAWFT!

tumblr_msbfugwkBc1qixp4wo1_500.gif
none of this pertains to his play on the field. being mentally weak is not a crime nor does it correspond to not being good in football, as much macho-ish people make it out to be. all this crap talk about football being a strong, macho man's game is idealistic and naive as fukk. football is anyones game as long as you can play it on the field at a high level.

harbs runs a tight ship and we never had problems with players with 'character problems' (at least those who wanted to play football instead of waging twitter wars). he also played for harbs so thats that.

Daps
again, worrying too much about stuff that isnt pertaining to on the field game

if that was a random named OT and not "that" john martin you wouldnt give two craps that we got him for a conditional, would you ?

He was trash on the field too.

Miami had a terrible line and he got demoted from that terrible line too

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
He was trash on the field too.

Miami had a terrible line and he got demoted from that terrible line too
he wasnt very good as a LT. but we got him as a potential backup to RT for pretty much nothing. if he doesnt make the roster we literally dont lose anything.

you guys care too much about players problems off the field and their moral fortitude and virtues.
I'll take a rapist, murderer, gay, transvestite, crybaby, bipolar, whatever player on my squad as long as hes eligible to play. only criteria is that hes good enough to be on the roster to play football and not a total distraction. thats it

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are folk really bytching about martin? It was a low risk high reward pick. I like the move. I don't care if he's a puss in the locker room. He is out of a toxic situation and can now concentrate on playing ball.