A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sure, you ever read anything Anthony Davis writes on Twitter.

He aint Incognito, and i`m not worried about it truly cause the NFL gonna smother any chance of this type of shyt hapening again.

But it still lends to the fact that Martin still seems mentally soft, in any situation. Oh and Miami's pass blocking was terrible and he actually lost his job on that line.

It's a ho-hum pickup, like of what we have done. Wish we just spent our money on our guys truthfully
I think Martin was mentally done in Miami, he considered killing himself
He's gonna replace what Kilgore did last year and he'll be swing player like Snyder

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
im still trying to wrap my mind around the Jon Martin signing :why:
whats there to wrap around tho ?
he played for harbs in 2010, and this is just a nice gesture by harbs in the first place.
he might not even make the team, and if he does he'll be a backup tackle behind staley, boone and likely snyder if he stays

if martin makes the roster (again, not a given at all) we'd give up a 7th rounder, which for us usually means a cut player anyway.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
btw bethea is guaranteed just 6.5 mil in his contract

compare that with whitner and ward guaranteed 14 mil and 13 mil and we can see why bethea is on board. he'll prolly be around 1-2 years as a stopgap

That's it ?

:patrice:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
whats there to wrap around tho ?
he played for harbs in 2010, and this is just a nice gesture by harbs in the first place.
he might not even make the team, and if he does he'll be a backup tackle behind staley, boone and likely snyder if he stays

if martin makes the roster (again, not a given at all) we'd give up a 7th rounder, which for us usually means a cut player anyway.

so we makin charity picks now? :stopitslime:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
so we makin charity picks now? :stopitslime:
dude, I dont see whats there to worry about, the signing is really inconsequential. think of it as a 7th round draft pick in which we picked up a player who was supposed to be drafted in 2nd.

as far as off the field shyt and shyt with incognito, I dont really care about that (dont care about anything off the field really) so :manny:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
dude, I dont see whats there to worry about, the signing is really inconsequential. think of it as a 7th round draft pick in which we picked up a player who was supposed to be drafted in 2nd.

as far as off the field shyt and shyt with incognito, I dont really care about that (dont care about anything off the field really) so :manny:

i hear what your sayin, but that whole situation in MIA with John Matin made him look like a total bytch. Players have said that they wouldnt want him in the locker room

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
we had 10m under cap before yesterday right ? I guess dawson took the majority of that :heh:
7.8 left after gabbert

it will be split between bethea, dawso, wright

might be a milly left in there

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
7.8 left after gabbert

it will be split between bethea, dawso, wright

might be a milly left in there

They're supposed to be reworking Gabbert's contract to reflect his status.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since he was a first round pick doesn't the team have an option for a 5th year?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since he was a first round pick doesn't the team have an option for a 5th year?
ya

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

hes suppose to make 2 mil, niners wanna cut it in half