A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
And every stat you just updated, he still doesn't have over a total of 300 yards.

My point is of course Colin is way better than Gabbert, but to act like this team relies on the QB to win games and we couldn't win ones without a star, it's just silly.

I understand that, but to act like we can put anybody back there and still win those games is absurd. Are we winning those games with McCoy at QB? Gabbert?
We don't need an upper echelon QB to win games, but we need a solid starter to win games, and we have that in Kaepernick.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
The 49ers are showing interest in free agent CB Chris Cook.
On Tuesday, the Niners cut Carlos Rogers and allowed free agent Tarell Brown to hit the open market. That leaves Eric Wright, Tramaine Brock and Chris Culliver as their top-three corners. Cook fits the mold as a physical, press player that goes 6'2/212. The Niners have also been linked to Nolan Carroll. Mar 12 - 10:24 AM
Source: Sacramento Bee

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
schefter reported that the fo were in talks with ward...and why wouldn't he have any interest? he's from sf and got the same money as bethea

I have no idea but negotiations can go south for a variety of reasons. Obviously something happened.

Daps
I understand that, but to act like we can put anybody back there and still win those games is absurd. Are we winning those games with McCoy at QB? Gabbert?
We don't need an upper echelon QB to win games, but we need a solid starter to win games, and we have that in Kaepernick.

Yep, and that solid starter is gonna want 18m a year it seems.

I think it's a good idea to explore the option of developing a guy who has some talent and who can upgrade the position as he could be a better #2 than McCoy

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And every stat you just updated, he still doesn't have over a total of 300 yards.

My point is of course Colin is way better than Gabbert, but to act like this team relies on the QB to win games and we couldn't win ones without a star, it's just silly.

the team sure relies on kaep in the playoffs aka the games that matter most :manny:

say what u will about the 2 heartbreaking losses but kaep's career 8.5 yards per attempt and 10 yards per carry in the playoffs will be impossible to replace

• Dap
Reactions: dza
Daps
the team sure relies on kaep in the playoffs aka the games that matter most :manny:

say what u will about the 2 heartbreaking losses but kaep's career 8.5 yards per attempt and 10 yards per carry in the playoffs will be impossible to replace

Perhaps, but at the end of the day, we caught the fukking L.

I could care less about stats, stats don't put up no trophies in the case.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
btw bethea is guaranteed just 6.5 mil in his contract

compare that with whitner and ward guaranteed 14 mil and 13 mil and we can see why bethea is on board. he'll prolly be around 1-2 years as a stopgap