A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
its about about bargaining position, if a team knows that the niners need that safety because they didnt get one during fa the niners would been screwed and forced to give up extra picks

there not going to use all those picks, i expect cb, wr to be the priorities and rb

dont be surprised if a mlb is chosen as well

I hope not even with Dixon likely leaving we still got Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, James and Hampton.

Unless.......

We're shopping James or Hunter on the low.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope not even with Dixon likely leaving we still got Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, James and Hampton.

Unless.......

we need to extend hunter soon imo. gore won't be around after this year, lmj doesn't fit here, hampton has no experience, and lattimore is a huge question mark

kendall is the only young RB we have who is proven. gotta keep him around

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
we need to extend hunter soon imo. gore won't be around after this year, lmj doesn't fit here, hampton has no experience, and lattimore is a huge question mark

Disagree, I think Gore retires as a 49er. Harbaugh just has to reduce his workload.

I think Hunter and Lattimore is the future.

I think Hampton is talented though, just very raw.

First future 6th Rounder gets James, though that being said, he actually the best return man on our team. We may just use him for that.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Unless.......

i think they need another option just in case, they wont depend on lattimore until he can show he can play in the nfl

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
jon martin

da fuk is going on

49ers acquired OT Jonathan Martin from the Dolphins for a conditional draft pick.

Related: Dolphins

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 11 - 10:10 PM

I think this move was made with an eye to the future. He'll compete for the swing tackle position this year, but supposedly he's versatile and can play either Tackle or Guard, so they probably want him to move to guard after Iupati leaves (cause he is leaving). He'll still be under his rookie contract and if he is a serviceable replacement for Iupati, then the Niners get to basically keep their line intact without investing a lot of money into it.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Agreed he was trash last year.

He's been mostly a forgettable player before that too. I still think if anyone can fix a qb it's Jim Harbaugh

The Gabbert pickup is horrible. You want to have a quarterback similar to your starting QB so the transition is easier if the Starter gets hurts. Gabbert is in no way like Kap. Hopefully, Kap doesn't get hurt because if he does....:sadcam:

Also, people like to mention what Harbaugh did with Alex and Kap, but neglect to mention that he could do nothing with Colt McCoy....and this situation is Similar. Trade for a QB that's been horrible with a horrible supporting cast and try to make him better. McCoy was a disaster and I'm pretty sure Gabbert will be, too.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Gabbert pickup is horrible. You want to have a quarterback similar to your starting QB so the transition is easier if the Starter gets hurts. Gabbert is in no way like Kap. Hopefully, Kap doesn't get hurt because if he does....:sadcam:

Also, people like to mention what Harbaugh did with Alex and Kap, but neglect to mention that he could do nothing with Colt McCoy....and this situation is Similar. Trade for a QB that's been horrible with a horrible supporting cast and try to make him better. McCoy was a disaster and I'm pretty sure Gabbert will be, too.

Remember. There's a small group of people who think we can win with a stiff under center.

Daps
Remember. There's a small group of people who think we can win with a stiff under center.

Kaepernick had games where he was an absolute non-factor and we won.

Vs. Houston, 6-15 with 84 yards W
Vs. Jax. 10-16 164 yards W
Vs. Seattle 15-29 175 yads W
Vs. Atlanta, 13-21 197 yards W

This team doesn't win because of the QB, plain and simple.

The reality is, sure we wont win a title without a great QB, but who says we have one on this roster in the first place?

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Kaepernick had games where he was an absolute non-factor and we won.

Vs. Houston, 6-15 with 113 yards, 1 TD W
Vs. Jax. 10-16 164 yards 1 TD, 7 rushes 54 yards 2 TD W
Vs. Seattle 15-29 175 yards 1 TD, 9 rushes 31 yards W
Vs. Atlanta, 13-21 197 yards 1 TD, 6 rushes 57 yards 1 TD W

This team doesn't win because of the QB, plain and simple.

Fixed for accuracy.

Of the games you posted, the only one you can really say he was a "non-factor" in was Houston. That was all defense to the point the offense didn't have to do anything.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

we dont need to extend any rb's

rb's dont make shyt anymore, we can get one in free agency next year

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Perhaps, but he's terry cloth soft.

I wouldn't call it a win until he proves he can go a season without his feelings being on the IR
There's no psychos like incognito and pouncy on this roster, harbaugh controls this roster, this ain't miami

Daps
Fixed for accuracy.

Of the games you posted, the only one you can really say he was a "non-factor" in was Houston. That was all defense to the point the offense didn't have to do anything.

And every stat you just updated, he still doesn't have over a total of 300 yards.

My point is of course Colin is way better than Gabbert, but to act like this team relies on the QB to win games and we couldn't win ones without a star, it's just silly.

Daps
There's no psychos like incognito and pouncy on this roster, harbaugh controls this roster, this ain't miami

You sure, you ever read anything Anthony Davis writes on Twitter.

He aint Incognito, and i`m not worried about it truly cause the NFL gonna smother any chance of this type of shyt hapening again.

But it still lends to the fact that Martin still seems mentally soft, in any situation. Oh and Miami's pass blocking was terrible and he actually lost his job on that line.

It's a ho-hum pickup, like of what we have done. Wish we just spent our money on our guys truthfully