A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
:liottahaha: Have fun with that wimp Jonathan Martin :ufdup:

And for the record, I like the Gabbert pickup :manny:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't mind the Antoine Bethea signing, but we did over pay, I think he is worse than Whitner but not by a lot. That being said it might be a cap friendly contract. I think he is gonna play 1 or 2 years of that contract at most.Also keep in mind we have a more aggressive pash rush which should benefit his style of play.

Blaine Gabbert was a 1st round bust but he is going to be a backup and if Jim Harbaugh can turn Alex Smith into serviceable starter, he can make Gabbert a serviceable backup. He will be in a relatively controlled enviroment and can grow and develop.

Jonathan Martin is a good signing, while he was a marginal starter, he will be an excellent backup, furthermore he is a good pass blocker and a finesse tackle which we actually need as a backup. I understand that who Incgonito thing got people twisted up but he is a decent lineman.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:manny: martin is a type of deal we're used to. low risk high reward. I think hes actually a steal as a backup tackle.

with that said, it will prolly be awkward between culliver and him in the locker room :lolbron:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mind the Antoine Bethea signing, but we did over pay, I think he is worse than Whitner but not by a lot. That being said it might be a cap friendly contract. I think he is gonna play 1 or 2 years of that contract at most.Also keep in mind we have a more aggressive pash rush which should benefit his style of play.

Blaine Gabbert was a 1st round bust but he is going to be a backup and if Jim Harbaugh can turn Alex Smith into serviceable starter, he can make Gabbert a serviceable backup. He will be in a relatively controlled enviroment and can grow and develop.

Jonathan Martin is a good signing, while he was a marginal starter, he will be an excellent backup, furthermore he is a good pass blocker and a finesse tackle which we actually need as a backup. I understand that who Incgonito thing got people twisted up but he is a decent lineman.
bethea is nothing but a stop gap, i guess they couldnt risk drafting a safety considering the lack of depth this year

i bet bethea's bonus is frontloaded within the first 2 years and hes gonna get cut

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:manny: martin is a type of deal we're used to. low risk high reward. I think hes actually a steal as a backup tackle.

with that said, it will prolly be awkward between culliver and him in the locker room :lolbron:

offense and defense rarely interact

:russ:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
bethea is nothing but a stop gap, i guess they couldnt risk drafting a safety considering the lack of depth this year

i bet bethea's bonus is frontloaded within the first 2 years and hes gonna get cut
I hope so breh. really do

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

I think we still draft a safety in the upper rounds, but now we don't have to force him to start right away, but yea overall this years crop of safeties are not NFL ready save Haha Clinton Dix and Dixon, everyone else needs a year or two of grooming, imo

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we still draft a safety in the upper rounds, but now we don't have to force him to start right away, but yea overall this years crop of safeties are not NFL ready save Haha Clinton Dix and Dixon, everyone else needs a year or two of grooming, imo

they'll probably draft a safety if one drops to them, they didnt wanna have to draft one and put themselves behind the 8 ball

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
they'll probably draft a safety if one drops to them, they didnt wanna have to draft one and put themselves behind the 8 ball
thing is its tough as fukk to say what are our pressing needs, really. we dont really have 'em. we're set at like every offensive and defensive position for next year or two (long-term will be tricky with kaep crabs aldon iupati contracts expiring)

can we draft an offensive coordinator ? :noah:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thing is its tough as fukk to say what are our pressing needs, really. we dont really have 'em. we're set at like every offensive and defensive position for next year or two (long-term will be tricky with kaep crabs aldon iupati contracts expiring)

can we draft an offensive coordinator ? :noah:

its about about bargaining position, if a team knows that the niners need that safety because they didnt get one during fa the niners would been screwed and forced to give up extra picks

there not going to use all those picks, i expect cb, wr to be the priorities and rb

dont be surprised if a mlb is chosen as well