A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think he was taken because of potential, but I just dont see it at all. theres no remedy for him imo. he looked mediocre as fukk in college too, not sure what osboog and scouts saw in him

Yea. I had no idea why scouts were so high on him. He's not even damaged. He's just bad.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i thought bathea was a solid signing, but after seeing what verner and ward got it's looking ridiculous :mindblown:

either the front office is falling apart or players and agents know something about the 9ers that we dont.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What context would you like to add?

They both were on very bad teams. Alex actually had a better supporting cast and Gabbert put up better numbers.

All i`m saying is it's not a bad project, you guys act like he was the worst QB ever to play the game on some Cody Pickett shyt.

Dude had a positive TD/INT ratio after his first 2 years on an awful offensive squad

Alex had less talent around him those first 2-3 years. As down as I was on him, he at least showed glimpses from time to time that he could be a competent QB. I see none of that with Gabbert. He's also not mobile either. I'd rather draft a QB than try to rebuild a bust who has no talent.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
that verner deal is disgusting

blaake fukking up big time

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I love what where doing bathea is a worthy replacement I love hitner but its a wash really if he comes in and just plays solid football it cool plus i think tae wanted to go
not at the price

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
guess the harbaugh/baalke relationship can't be that bad if we traded for a former 1st round QB and a stanford guy today