A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports the 49ers, Jaguars and Browns are interested in free agent RB Toby Gerhart.

It's unknown if Gerhart has scheduled any visits. He'd be reuniting with college coach Jim Harbaugh in San Francisco, though the 49ers' stable is already full at running back. Gerhart is coming off a nice year backing up Adrian Peterson, but has never shown anything to suggest he could be a lead NFL back.
Related: Browns, Jaguars, 49ers

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Mar 11 - 8:56 PM

:beli:

edit he just signed with jags

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love how everyone saying Gabbet was worse than Smith just glanced over the stats I posted up.

I guess it's easier to believe your own made up story.

Cuz you're looking at raw numbers as if they mean anything without context.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
alex had a nightmare first year, then progressed since then, and league wasnt a passing heaven back then

that first year is skewing the fukk out of it.

gabberts last year in the league looks like alexs first year. his career looks jawalrus-like

This. I don't understand dude's comparison at all. shyt, Alex was still a good athlete. Gabbert is just disgusting.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all these players going so cheap

blaake got some explaining to do :ufdup:

I'm not going to get too caught up over this. Some players will take less money to go with a lesser team for a variety of reasons. We have been able to go after meh players and make them work within the system. I don't understand the Gabbert deal cuz he has no mobility and appears to be dumb.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I don't understand the Gabbert deal cuz he has no mobility and appears to be dumb.
I think he was taken because of potential, but I just dont see it at all. theres no remedy for him imo. he looked mediocre as fukk in college too, not sure what osboog and scouts saw in him

Daps
Cuz you're looking at raw numbers as if they mean anything without context.

What context would you like to add?

They both were on very bad teams. Alex actually had a better supporting cast and Gabbert put up better numbers.

All i`m saying is it's not a bad project, you guys act like he was the worst QB ever to play the game on some Cody Pickett shyt.

Dude had a positive TD/INT ratio after his first 2 years on an awful offensive squad

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
What context would you like to add?

They both were on very bad teams. Alex actually had a better supporting cast and Gabbert put up better numbers.

All i`m saying is it's not a bad project, you guys act like he was the worst QB ever to play the game on some Cody Pickett shyt.

Dude had a positive TD/INT ratio after his first 2 years on an awful offensive squad
any way you spin it, the numbers for gabbert last year are atrocious in todays age. you get kicked out of the league for such numbers.
al davis threw jawalrus in the bushes (and he loved him) for such #s
and he (gabbert) wasnt a rookie, but a 3rd year player

Daps
any way you spin it, the numbers for gabbert last year are atrocious in todays age. you get kicked out of the league for such numbers.
al davis threw jawalrus in the bushes (and he loved him) for such #s
and he (gabbert) wasnt a rookie, but a 3rd year player

Agreed he was trash last year.

He's been mostly a forgettable player before that too. I still think if anyone can fix a qb it's Jim Harbaugh