A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So tell me why should we be loyal to a player?

Why is that?

I pay for their jerseys, I don't see these dudes sending me any checks for my work.

I want my team to win, and if a player gets grossly overpaid and handicaps my favorite team from winning, I got no room for that.

Imagine paying a guy whose probably 10-15 at his position like a top 5 guy. Somehow a QB gets away with this, but reality is we could get 3 top quality starters for the $18m Kaep would pull in.

In 3 years Kaep's deal will no longer be top 5. It will be 10-15. How does it look nickel and diming Kaep then see Dalton, Russ, Smith, newton and the rest of his peers making MORE?

My loyalty is with the team, but the players make up the team so I don't see them as $ signs like some fans do. Also, the players owe you nothing and neither does the team. This is entertainment. If you're not entertained, change the channel.

High salary for an underperforming player will cripple a team. But so will a craptacular QB. But in your dream world, You toss Kaep for a bag of used condoms, draft a QB in the 5th round and that QB goes on to lead dthe team to the SB. In my dream, Kaep gets paid going rate and he leads us to multiple lombardis!!!!!!!!!! :gladbron:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
In 3 years Kaep's deal will no longer be top 5. It will be 10-15. How does it look nickel and diming Kaep then see Dalton, Russ, Smith, newton and the rest of his peers making MORE?

My loyalty is with the team, but the players make up the team so I don't see them as $ signs like some fans do. Also, the players owe you nothing and neither does the team. This is entertainment. If you're not entertained, change the channel.

High salary for an underperforming player will cripple a team. But so will a craptacular QB. But in your dream world, You toss Kaep for a bag of used condoms, draft a QB in the 5th round and that QB goes on to lead dthe team to the SB.

This, its actually cheaper for us to pay him now.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This, its actually cheaper for us to pay him now.

Yea. Say we let him play out the final year of his deal and he has a unreal year. Will the same dudes be in here huffing and puffing about it?

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
So tell me why should we be loyal to a player?

Why is that?

I pay for their jerseys, I don't see these dudes sending me any checks for my work.

I want my team to win, and if a player gets grossly overpaid and handicaps my favorite team from winning, I got no room for that.

Imagine paying a guy whose probably 10-15 at his position like a top 5 guy. Somehow a QB gets away with this, but reality is we could get 3 top quality starters for the $18m Kaep would pull in.

You keep talking like you matter. You're not on the roster, and like you say, they damn sure don't cut you any check. So no you're not expected to have any loyalty, that's for the people within the organization. It will keep going whether you choose to speak like you're apart of it or not.

If the 49ers don't pay Kaep a competitive market salary, then someone else will, bottom line. If Tony fukkin Romo, Matt Stafford, and Jay Cutler are all being paid around the same amount with much less success, then why does it become an issue for Kaep to be paid as much? When he's had much more success than all of them? The qb gets paid so damn much because it's an offense driven league, and so much attention is paid to him.

What the 49ers may or may not get with his salary is no concern to Kaep or even the concept of fair market value, it's either pay up or someone else will.:ld:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

This is a good point, and a pretty depressing one too. @yseJ gonna be murking random dudes on the streets in 3-4 years at the rate this contracts are going :laugh:

I know his point is that we don't have to follow the trend, but it does seem inevitable for every single team.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This is a good point, and a pretty depressing one too. @yseJ gonna be murking random dudes on the streets in 3-4 years at the rate this contracts are going :laugh:

I know his point is that we don't have to follow the trend, but it does seem inevitable for every single team.
They'll find a way to fix this, especially if teams keep paying up and ending up with disappointing years like the falcons, ravens, and cowgirls. Just like they put a stop to the crazy escalating first round contracts, they'll figure out how to stop these marginally warranted outrageous contracts

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They'll find a way to fix this, especially if teams keep paying up and ending up with disappointing years like the falcons, ravens, and cowgirls. Just like they put a stop to the crazy escalating first round contracts, they'll figure out how to stop these marginally warranted outrageous contracts

That's why I'm not losing any sleep over this.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
You keep talking like you matter. You're not on the roster, and like you say, they damn sure don't cut you any check. So no you're not expected to have any loyalty, that's for the people within the organization. It will keep going whether you choose to speak like you're apart of it or not.

If the 49ers don't pay Kaep a competitive market salary, then someone else will, bottom line. If Tony fukkin Romo, Matt Stafford, and Jay Cutler are all being paid around the same amount with much less success, then why does it become an issue for Kaep to be paid as much? When he's had much more success than all of them? The qb gets paid so damn much because it's an offense driven league, and so much attention is paid to him.

What the 49ers may or may not get with his salary is no concern to Kaep or even the concept of fair market value, it's either pay up or someone else will.:ld:
Except his and smiths success is mostly cause of the defense not because of themselves

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Except his and smiths success is mostly cause of the defense not because of themselves

Not really. Did you watch Smith in the playoffs? Did you watch Kaep in the playoffs? Were you asleep? If Kaep was Dalton-like in the playoffs yall would have a point. But he has shown time and time again that he is a big game player. What has Romo done in the playoffs? Cutler? Dalton? Ryan? But yall think Kaep should make significantly less when he's surpassed them with just 1 1/2 seasons of development. I get you don't like him but you sound ridiculous.
:mjlol:

Tell me why Kaep should make significantly less than his peers who have accomplished less with 3-4 times the experience?

Last edited:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Not really. Did you watch Smith in the playoffs? Did you watch Kaep in the playoffs? Were you asleep? If Kaep was Dalton-like in the playoffs yall would have a point. But he has shown time and time again that he is a big game player. What has Romo done in the playoffs? Cutler? Dalton? Ryan? But yall think he should make less when he's surpassed them with just 1 1/2 seasons of development. I get you don't like him but you sound ridiculous. :mjlol:
I don't give a fukk about those other players and it's unforunate that they are making that much but if u gonna tell me kaeps game against the hawks wasn't dalton like, I dont know what u watching then

All those teams are in shambles, I don't want to be the next team

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't give a fukk about those other players and it's unforunate that they are making that much but if u gonna tell me kaeps game against the hawks wasn't dalton like, I dont know what u watching then

All those teams are in shambles, I don't want to be the next team

How did Manning do against the Seahawks? Brees? You have no perspective at all. And as far as not caring what other players are getting paid, that's how you determine value. How does one determine value without even looking at comparables? :mindblown: Your hatred got you throwing economic principles out the window.

Those teams are in shambles because they're retarded. Not because of the QB's contract. If Romo's contract was off the books, you think Dallas would stop tripping over themselves? Stop it.:stopitslime:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
How did Manning do against the Seahawks? Brees? You have no perspective at all. And as far as not caring what other players are getting paid, that's how you determine value. How does one determine value without even looking at comparables? :mindblown: Your hatred got you throwing economic principles out the window.

Those teams are in shambles because they're retarded. Not because of the QB's contract. If Romo's contract was off the books, you think Dallas would stop tripping over themselves? Stop it.:stopitslime:

Looking at overpaid qbs is what determines fair market value?

:dead:

The only thing those contracts have done is ruin teams (elite qbs different story, cept saints are really feeling it right now)

Hawks defense is stout no doubt, one d (niners) kept them in the game and the other (broncos) collasped

Defense >>>>> your qb

Why the fukk does nobody realize this?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Looking at overpaid qbs is what determines fair market value?

:dead:

The only thing those contracts have done is ruin teams (elite qbs different story, cept saints are really feeling it right now)

Hawks defense is stout no doubt, one d (niners) kept them in the game and the other (broncos) collasped

Defense >>>>> your qb

Why the fukk does nobody realize this?

It's simple economics.... Whether you think Kaep is worth $1 or $90M you're still assigning value to him by looking at other QBs. The market determines value. If the average QB is making $15M then guess what? Average QBs are worth $15M. It's really that simple.

You acting like the D is flawless. Keep thinking that. :mjlol:

You need a stout D but you also need a good O as well. You can't just stack up on D and neglect the offense. When the D can't get it done (and they have had trouble at times) the O is going to need to make plays. You can't neglect any part of the team. You should be looking to improve every area of the team.