A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Ok Kap is getting greedy now, 16-18 milly is reasonable, if he wants over 20, then let him prove it. Play out the rookie contract, and bring home the SB trophy, or at the very least, show that you are a top 5 QB out there, because paying that type of money means letting key players walk or get traded.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u guys really need to understand the cap before making any assumptions about a potential kaep deal

the only money that matter is the signing bonus and how its spread throughout the contract

take a look at the flacco deal

flaccodeal.jpg

u see how they've spread out his signing bonus money in the first 5 years of the life of the contract at 5.8 mil each year?

the niners have a much better cap situation, they can possible give him a 30 mil bonus and spread his bonus over the first three years of the deal and basically get him off the books and renegotiate his contract again in 3-4 years

theres a reason why the niners wanna get his deal out of the way, its because they can and he'll be more expensive if they have to franchise him. niners got the cap space right now and they know they have to use it because its not like if your 10-15 mil under the cap this year it rolls over to next years cap. once they cut rogers thats basically 20 mil under the cap this year

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
u guys really need to understand the cap before making any assumptions about a potential kaep deal

the only money that matter is the signing bonus and how its spread throughout the contract

flaccodeal.jpg

u see how they've spread out his signing bonus money in the first 5 years of the life of the contract at 5.8 mil each year?

the niners have a much better cap situation, they can possible give him a 30 mil bonus and spread his bonus over the first three years of the deal and basically get him off the books and renegotiate his contract again in 3-4 years

theres a reason why the niners wanna get his deal out of the way, its because they can and he'll be more expensive if they have to franchise him. niners got the cap space right now and they know they have to use it because its not like if your 10-15 mil under the cap this year it rolls over to next years cap. once they cut rogers thats basically 20 mil under the cap this year

yea that great and all, but what about when we want to sign someone else for that year and wont be able to because the money still counts against the cap guaranteed or not

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
LMAO...gotta agree $20M is silly, and at this point, all these rumors are just that, circus material to bring chaos to an organization that, for the most part, actually flies under the radar. If he wants $20, then I gotta agree, play out the rookie deal and show that you're actually the dude who plays against Green Bay - consistently - not the mediocre against the Rams QB and utterly helpless QB you are in Seattle.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea that great and all, but what about when we want to sign someone else for that year and wont be able to because the money still counts against the cap guaranteed or not

look at who the niners have to sign in the foreseeable future, you got crabs and aldon

thanks to the new cba the niners can hold aldon hostage and wait on him for another couple of years

plus i see a lot of roster changes in the 2-3 years, smith and mcdonald will be gone thats where tank comes in etc

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

flaccodeal.jpg

hes gonna be more expensive after franchising, but we'll also know far more about kaep with 3.5 years as a starter than 1.5 years as a starter. Im willing to save money now and pay for him later, and maybe pay an extra 1-2 mil per that will be the difference, paying for a known commodity rather than potential.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hes gonna be more expensive after franchising, but we'll also know far more about kaep with 3.5 years as a starter than 1.5 years as a starter. Im willing to save money now and pay for him later, and maybe pay an extra 1-2 mil per that will be the difference, paying for a known commodity rather than potential.

once your paying for a known commodity in the nfl that player is usually on the downhill

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
LMAO...gotta agree $20M is silly, and at this point, all these rumors are just that, circus material to bring chaos to an organization that, for the most part, actually flies under the radar. If he wants $20, then I gotta agree, play out the rookie deal and show that you're actually the dude who plays against Green Bay - consistently - not the mediocre against the Rams QB and utterly helpless QB you are in Seattle.
to be fair, ironically kaep is probably one of the best qbs youd want when facing off against seattle, purely because he can run the ball.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
once your paying for a known commodity in the nfl that player is usually on the downhill
like ive said pay 20m now or 25-27m after paying him 1m this year and then franchise tag at 16m ? Ill choose the latter, the difference is barely there but we'll know far more about kaep, roman, harbs and the offense. shyt even brees was hit with a franchise tag just two years ago

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Several teams trying to retain CBs before they hit the market. 49ers making a push to sign Tarell Brown prior to March 11

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
kinda weird about brown, figured he was a goner. I guess priority is again to re-sign every one of our own and get real cheap FAs when possible. not sure I can agree with the first part of philosophy, still think coaching is too loyal to players. whitner and brown are valuable, but nowhere close to irreplaceable and at some point we need to look for upgrades.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kinda weird about brown, figured he was a goner. I guess priority is again to re-sign every one of our own and get real cheap FAs when possible. not sure I can agree with the first part of philosophy, still think coaching is too loyal to players. whitner and brown are valuable, but nowhere close to irreplaceable and at some point we need to look for upgrades.

la canfora also said back in november that t brown was on the verge of getting an extension...then it went to t brock. i'm taking this report with a grain of salt :laugh:

i'd bring back whitner before brown but that's just me