A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Nikkaz in here going at each others throats. For such a successful team we have a lot of in-fighting.

Lets hug it out

96467-dr-evil-crying-gif-Imgur-HUG-M-K4no.gif
I have zero problems with anyone my dude. you my dog and doras that woman (and I dont mean any disrespect by that, on the contrary just didnt want to say girl). but Ill argue my points just as I would with anyone else, if it gets a bit rough it gets rough. I dont hold grudges against anyone.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
as many times as I need to when I counter the "pay the poor kid fair price greedy owners, player x making that money he should be too" rhetoric

has been answered many times by me.

and yet kaep did.

and I find the 'pay the market price sit on our couch and accept any deal management done with loyal eyes 'sheep mentality annoying. I also find it annoying when people use blanket statements like supply/demand without actually thinking it through :manny:
kaep did? That's your response? So that's some shyt that just happens with regularity. And YOU'RE NOT IN ANYONE'S FRONT OFFICE - you bytching is no different than people who sit by and wait and see - you change absolutely nothing about the situtation execpt for getting yourself worked up and mad. But do you. As far as blanket statements, that's a reach...but keep playing GM homie, maybe baalke and praag will hear you :beli:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
kaep did? That's your response? So that's some shyt that just happens with regularity. And YOU'RE NOT IN ANYONE'S FRONT OFFICE - you bytching is no different than people who sit by and wait and see - you change absolutely nothing about the situtation execpt for getting yourself worked up and mad. But do you. As far as blanket statements, that's a reach...but keep playing GM homie, maybe baalke and praag will hear you :beli:
most people dont change the situation about anything in anything- politics, sports, entertainment. yet they all talk about it and bytch about it. theres dozens of threads in the coli about something none of the posters have control over or voice in. but discussion goes on
Im not trying to get baalke or paraag to hear me. when Im displeased - I voice it. we couldnt change the situation when 49ers were shyt so that meant we had to keep our mouths shut ? :what: no we didnt me and jlova were going in at the org back in the day. did it do anything ? no. did anyone hear us ? no. Im sorry but Im not into the shut up and take it in the ass mentality.

Im just venting and expressing my thoughts.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
most people dont change the situation about anything in anything- politics, sports, entertainment. yet they all talk about it and bytch about it. theres dozens of threads in the coli about something none of the posters have control over or voice in. but discussion goes on
Im not trying to get baalke or paraag to hear me. when Im displeased - I voice it. we couldnt change the situation when 49ers were shyt so that meant we had to keep our mouths shut ? :what: no we didnt me and jlova were going in at the org back in the day. did it do anything ? no. did anyone hear us ? no. Im sorry but Im not into the shut up and take it in the ass mentality.

Im just venting and expressing my thoughts.
I feel you breh, do you. But I'm expressing mine, I feel like too many of y'all are on the toss any player in the bushes/toss harbs in the bushes/toss baalke in the bushes/ we don't need any of y'all type deal that it's frustrating. I'm like for a team that had talent and didnt do shyt to one that's been cream of the crop for three seasons, I don't understand how people are so quick to toss pivotal pieces. But I'm done with it, we simply have differing views on this

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I feel you breh, do you. But I'm expressing mine, I feel like too many of y'all are on the toss any player in the bushes/toss harbs in the bushes/toss baalke in the bushes/ we don't need any of y'all type deal that it's frustrating. I'm like for a team that had talent and didnt do shyt to one that's been cream of the crop for three seasons, I don't understand how people are so quick to toss pivotal pieces. But I'm done with it, we simply have differing views on this
thats fine youre entitled to your opinion (of course), but what I didnt like is people trying to shut me up. I hate when people try to tell me what to do unless its my boss. hope you understand.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/03/04/jim-scouts-jimmy-harbaugh-attends-qb-garoppolos-pro-day/

The Texans and 49ers, whose contingent included Jim Harbaugh, both put Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo through a private workout today at Northwestern’s pro day, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Garoppolo, who checked in at 6-foot-2 and 226 pounds at the NFL combine, is expected to be selected in the early rounds of the NFL draft in May. After the combine, NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock termed Garoppolo a “second- or third-round kind of guy.”

The 49ers, who will have at least five picks in the first three rounds (No. 30, No. 56, No. 61, No. 77, No. 94), only have two quarterbacks under contract for next season: Colin Kaepernick and McLeod Bethel-Thompson, a former undrafted free agent who has never thrown a regular-season pass.

Daps
Nikkaz in here going at each others throats. For such a successful team we have a lot of in-fighting.

Lets hug it out

96467-dr-evil-crying-gif-Imgur-HUG-M-K4no.gif

Success isn't underachieving.

We've underachieved and lost in the biggest moments.

I think we missed some big opportunities we might not get back, it's hard to call that a success story

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

I think we missed some big opportunities we might not get back, it's hard to call that a success story
i'm sorry, but getting to the NFCC & Super Bowl is success, it's not the ultimate success, but that's like downplaying going to Cal because it's not Stanford :lolbron: both are still great feats. Let's be reality, we know what unsuccessful looks like

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We underachieved? :what:. You expected a Super Bowl this year? It was a foregone conclusion? You look at the injuries, the fact that teams who reach the SB usually don't have any success at all...I'd say we had a pretty good season.

I don't know how losing to the best team in the league and eventual SB Champs in Seattle in the NFCCG is underachieving...but whatever. The sense of entitlement from some 9er fans after almost a decade of shyt is...we......funny.

We did miss some big opportunities, though. That's for sure.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Dudes would cut their own mothers if they could shave an extra $10 off the cap. :damn:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Dudes would cut their own mothers if they could shave an extra $10 off the cap. :damn:
and feel good doing it :yes: when youre a gm, loyalty to any player is a clear weakness. as far as gm should be concerned, a player is a contribution to win/salary ratio

Daps
We underachieved? :what:. You expected a Super Bowl this year? It was a foregone conclusion? You look at the injuries, the fact that teams who reach the SB usually don't have any success at all...I'd say we had a pretty good season.

I don't know how losing to the best team in the league and eventual SB Champs in Seattle in the NFCCG is underachieving...but whatever. The sense of entitlement from some 9er fans after almost a decade of shyt is...we......funny.

We did miss some big opportunities, though. That's for sure.

I didn't expect a SB appearance this year, but we had the lead in the 4th quarter in Seattle.

We turned it over 3 times that quarter.

We underachieved.

I`m not gonna pat this team on the back for championship game appearances. This aint the NYJ. This team was championship caliber 3 years in a row, all 3 we underachieved.

Daps

So tell me why should we be loyal to a player?

Why is that?

I pay for their jerseys, I don't see these dudes sending me any checks for my work.

I want my team to win, and if a player gets grossly overpaid and handicaps my favorite team from winning, I got no room for that.

Imagine paying a guy whose probably 10-15 at his position like a top 5 guy. Somehow a QB gets away with this, but reality is we could get 3 top quality starters for the $18m Kaep would pull in.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
So tell me why should we be loyal to a player?

Why is that?

I pay for their jerseys, I don't see these dudes sending me any checks for my work.

I want my team to win, and if a player gets grossly overpaid and handicaps my favorite team from winning, I got no room for that.

Imagine paying a guy whose probably 10-15 at his position like a top 5 guy. Somehow a QB gets away with this, but reality is we could get 3 top quality starters for the $18m Kaep would pull in.

In all honesty, if we give Kap around 15-16 mill a year in a long contract with incentives thats a fair deal for both sides. But it's silly to him to accept Alex Smith money, and insulting to him for us to offer that to him, this aint Josh Freeman. Dude has played well and I think we need to keep him on our team. We have elite players in more positions than most teams, and we have been the most successful we have been in over a decade, we can't keep everyone, but I would prefer we build up our offense and shore it up at this point. But let's be reality, Colin Kaepernick wants Jay Cutler money and that's not unreasonable considering he is better than Jay Cutler and more accomplished at only 26 years old. Now I understand he is surrounded by talent, but dude has been playing on a rookie contract which has allowed us to stock up on talent. Now we are not underdogs, we are one of the elites and the elites establish a QB. We will figure it out, but it is cheaper for us to pay him now this offseason than next season when QB salaries will likely increase.