A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
This thread is getting too hysterical over the numbers...quite lame as a matter of fact. I'm no fan of overpaying a QB, but it is what it is right now in the NFL - supply and demand.
supply/demand is a blanket ass statement really

the supply of serviceable qbs is at highest its ever been in the league, thanks to the passing era.
25 qbs had a qb rating of 80 or higher, as compared to 16 in 2003
20 qbs had 19+ TD passes compared to 12 in 2003

and demand remains the same- its still the same 32 teams.

so you have a stanford degree, school me on economics here. besides inflation, the supply of serviceable qbs went up by roughly 50%. the demand stays constant. what should happen to the price ?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:beli:

Niners front office doesn't have to follow shyt

fukk kaep and his 18m
the "it is what it is " shyt is KILLING me :heh:

@JLova kept telling me the 15m+ a year shyt was just a suppostion and I was upset at something that didnt yet happen a few months ago :heh:

now "it is what it is" just like when he told me to 'deal with it'

but its never what "it is". its what you make of it. if you have balls and principle you wont overpay even though it might be market price, if you feel value is off. this is how people make money. no one made money by selling and buying at market price.
baseball and basketball are full of terrible ass contracts because gms went with "it is what it is" instead of value shopping. its cowardly gm'ing. 'aw shucks I dont really think hes worth it but since jessica and ashley are getting this much Ill give it to him'. nah fukk that, you gotta be frank underwood or work somewhere else

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the "it is what it is " shyt is KILLING me :heh:

@JLova kept telling me the 15m+ a year shyt was just a suppostion and I was upset at something that didnt yet happen a few months ago :heh:

now "it is what it is" just like when he told me to 'deal with it'

but its never what "it is". its what you make of it. if you have balls and principle you wont overpay even though it might be market price, if you feel value is off. this is how people make money. no one made money by selling and buying at market price.
baseball and basketball are full of terrible ass contracts because gms went with "it is what it is" instead of value shopping. its cowardly gm'ing. 'aw shucks I dont really think hes worth it but since jessica and ashley are getting this much Ill give it to him'. nah fukk that, you gotta be frank underwood or work somewhere else

It still hasn't happened yet and you're still upset. I said back then..Kaep's going to get the going rate. If you want to draft QBs every few years to replace your starter because you don't want to pay him the going rate.... then that's cool. Just understand not everyone agrees with that strategy.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
It still hasn't happened yet and you're still upset. I said back then..Kaep's going to get the going rate. If you want to draft QBs every few years to replace your starter because you don't want to pay him the going rate.... then that's cool. Just understand not everyone agrees with that strategy.
when it will happen then you might want to look away then. its not finna be pretty on here :lolbron: I will be furious.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Just understand not everyone agrees with that strategy.
and yet everyone is mostly fine with replacing any other position that way. dolphins traded away b-marsh for peanuts and baltimore traded us quan for a pack of gum
I understand tho, its the holy cow of fapping to qbs under a shrine made out of fusilli and make them out to be saviors when theyre just a brick in the wall.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Just suck it up brehs, he's gonna get at least 18. Hopefully it's structured good enough not to hurt us. :yeshrug:
if this happens (at this point it will), we'll have basically get behind the 'expand cap each year' wagon. considering we'll have jerreh and arthur blank on it already, its not the worst idea ever. they'll hate their teams getting cash-strapped too. we should have some breathing rooms if we hit on this draft. we'll be saying goodbye to iupati and one of aldon/crabs tho.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and yet everyone is mostly fine with replacing any other position that way. dolphins traded away b-marsh for peanuts and baltimore traded us quan for a pack of gum
I understand tho, its the holy cow of fapping to qbs under a shrine made out of fusilli and make them out to be saviors when theyre just a brick in the wall.

QBs are treated differently whether you like it or not. Every sport has a position that gets more shine than others.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
when it will happen then you might want to look away then. its not finna be pretty on here :lolbron: I will be furious.

I'll only be furious if Kaep doesn't play up to that contract. I'll be even more furious if we trade Kaep and draft a QB that leads us to an 8-8 record and see folk in here complaining about it. Yea, I'll be furious as fukk.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
QBs are treated differently whether you like it or not. Every sport has a position that gets more shine than others.
not to the tune of 6x times more money. I can buy a WR, two good OLinemen and a corner with this money and still have enough leftover to buy me a hooker that will blow my mind for a few days.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'll only be furious if Kaep doesn't play up to that contract. I'll be even more furious if we trade Kaep and draft a QB that leads us to an 8-8 record and see folk in here complaining about it. Yea, I'll be furious as fukk.
quarterbacks dont lead teams to records.
definitely nfc west teams or our team anyway, its done by defenses out here.

if our defenses falters, 8-8 record is looming with any qb we put out here. and if it doesnt, we can make the offs with a marginal qb (who isnt complete bum, granted).
plus at the end of the day 8-8 record or nfc championship loss :manny: 10 years down the road it'll look similar, 20 years down the road no one will care about the difference.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
also, I dont get why we need to start a qb we would draft. theres plenty of stopgaps ava for cheap. the same mccown could be had for peanuts. do I trust him ? lolno. he'll cost much less tho and we'll be able to groom a qb behind him.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also, I dont get why we need to start a qb we would draft. theres plenty of stopgaps ava for cheap. the same mccown could be had for peanuts. do I trust him ? lolno. he'll cost much less tho and we'll be able to groom a qb behind him.

McCown? :mindblown:

What are some other stopgaps that you would like to see?