A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
You guys are really underrating Russel Wilsons role, obviously football is a team sport, but dude stayed under fire and made enough plays to keep us out of the superbowl and he played extremely well in the big dance.
He tried to give us the game, only problem was kaep was better at it

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Forget it, let us just sit here and watch the Seahawks invest in Russel Wilson and make us look like an irrelevant Franchise for the next decade.
well I like wilson a lot but seahags signing him long-term WILL cripple them no matter what.

the difference is theyve shown they can win with thomas chancellor and sherman. those three guys make it hell for passing teams. we win with our front 7, and our secondary cant lock up elite passing game as well.

and again, hags won because of moneyball. their league-best secondary was getting paid peanuts and its safe to say it won them the bowl. the key thing for hags is not re-signing wilson but to re-sign sherman thomas and maybe chancellor.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Was talking about Russell

Only to an extent, if you're talking about Russel but in the grand scheme of things Kap and Russ are not that far apart talent wise, and I think Kaps height and prototype gove him some advantages, though Russ compensates with better field vision and decision making.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
well I like wilson a lot but seahags signing him long-term WILL cripple them no matter what.

the difference is theyve shown they can win with thomas chancellor and sherman. those three guys make it hell for passing teams. we win with our front 7, and our secondary cant lock up elite passing game as well.

and again, hags won because of moneyball. their league-best secondary was getting paid peanuts and its safe to say it won them the bowl. the key thing for hags is not re-signing wilson but to re-sign sherman thomas and maybe chancellor.

Yea but in a year or two they will have some tough decisions to make as well, I think we made a lot of ours.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Only to an extent, if you're talking about Russel but in the grand scheme of things Kap and Russ are not that far apart talent wise, and I think Kaps height and prototype gove him some advantages, though Russ compensates with better field vision and decision making.
Uh no, one is a game breaker with his feet

The other is a game manager