A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anquan Boldin says he meshes well with Jim Harbaugh and that Harbaugh is a big reason why he is coming back for another two years.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Boldin: "I don't think anybody in our locker room has a problem with coach Harbaugh." Said he laughed at the notion of a rift.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Anquan Boldin says he's heard nary a locker-room gripe about Jim Harbaugh. ... #49ers sacb.ee/1n49kNW

Doubt the core guys dislike or hate Harbaugh as was reported in the article. Hell VD was on the radio a week ago saying he can't imagine playing for anyone other than Harbs. think that report was greatly exaggerated by someone in the front office who has an agenda against Harbaugh

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why isnt it 'practical' ?
only because qb position is holy cow status for no real reason. no one ever thinks its impractical to do this to any other position :heh:

we made 3 nfcs and a sb with alex smith in a new offense, a 1st year starter with like 6 starts under his belt and a second year starter
the hags nearly made nfc game appearance last year with a rookie and then won it all with a second year player this year

as long as defense plays on the same level, we'll be always be in contention. and when it doesn't, no qb will help us.

What Alex and Kaep did was not turn the ball over. If you think we can just draft any QB and teach them not to turn the ball over and ride the D to a Super Bowl you're not being reasonable.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I know Quan loves Harbs, Quan would be in a Harbs/Kaep huddle during TO at times and Harbs would be telling him the play :heh: I bet he never had that type of trust before.

I think most players are on Harbs side of things. The only things Ive heard was RBs getting pissed at him. Jacobs, LMJ and even Gore :heh:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
What Alex and Kaep did was not turn the ball over. If you think we can just draft any QB and teach them not to turn the ball over and ride the D to a Super Bowl you're not being reasonable.
well, maybe not a rookie, you're probably right. where we fukked up is not grooming a qb in the process and letting bj go. those were mistakes. Id always keep a qb handy for grooming....I think harbs is in love with kaep, so maybe he thought its not needed.

but for a second year player to do that... its not unreasonable imo. hell, if we could get someone like russ, its even possible in the first year.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that most us fans are so non-committal towards Kaepernick tells you all you need to know.

He has a long way to go before the fans truly see him worthy of a big investement.

That sour taste of them 2 losses is very strong still

Not really.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well, maybe not a rookie, you're probably right. where we fukked up is not grooming a qb in the process and letting bj go. those were mistakes. Id always keep a qb handy for grooming....I think harbs is in love with kaep, so maybe he thought its not needed.

but for a second year player to do that... its not unreasonable imo. hell, if we could get someone like russ, its even possible in the first year.

Russ? Who's a Russ in this year's draft?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
the only bad contracts I can see was los (sounded good at the time), but hes easily cuttable now after giving us a really great year, a good year and an ok year...and anthony davis (still pretty young so some room for turnaround but I doubt he'll ever be elite RT)

compared to amount of good contracts where we had steals (los for 2011, whitner, dorsey, goodwin) and avoiding overpaying for guys like goldson, aubrayo, sop, morgan, etc, along with setting up a cut-friendly contract with alex...we had a great run and the contracts are one of the reason why we're so stacked...not to mention we got very reasonable extensions for our ILB all-world linebackers

Funny you should say that because, most OL experts would grade him as a borderline top 5 Right tackle and thats even with his issues at pass blocking, especially being as young as he is. We as 49er fans ask a lot of our O Linemen and we look at him with a microscope but no we made the right decision in giving him a long term contract, he is way better than we give him credit for. You may think I'm biased because I've seen him play since pop warner, but no he is that good. While I think that BR article was a bit overzealous in naming him the top RT in the NFL, he is top 5 make no mistake.

But in terms of the situation between Harbaugh and Baalke John Madden was correct. Harbaughs come once every 15 years if that. Baalkes while hard to get are replacable.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Im so not sold on kilgore starting...Im thinking we might sign goodwin to one year cheapie or just draft a center as well

Me Either, I think we are going to draft Swanson in the 2nd, imo. I think Goodwin will retire. Then again all I wanted from Kilgore is to hit the weightroom. He has good technique but I question his strength.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:wtf:

Kaep was a steal in the 2nd round and we are gonna let him walk. If thats the case we should have kept Alex Smith. Kaepernick is a 5 tool QB, all he has to do is improve his short game and he is a top 5 QB. You don't think his value would be high in an open market, dude is better than Jay Cutler and is asking for Cutler money, we were 31st in the league in pass attempts yet he is top 10 in efficiency and he avg in the top 10 in yds per attempt :mindblown:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Kaep was a steal in the 2nd round and we are gonna let him walk. If thats the case we should have kept Alex Smith. Kaepernick is a 5 tool QB, all he has to do is improve his short game and he is a top 5 QB. You don't think his value would be high in an open market, dude is better than Jay Cutler and is asking for Cutler money, we were 31st in the league in pass attempts yet he is top 10 in efficiency and he avg in the top 10 in yds per attempt :mindblown:

Folk don't understand our O was handcuffed by Harb/Roman.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Funny you should say that because, most OL experts would grade him as a borderline top 5 Right tackle and thats even with his issues at pass blocking, especially being as young as he is. We as 49er fans ask a lot of our O Linemen and we look at him with a microscope but no we made the right decision in giving him a long term contract, he is way better than we give him credit for. You may think I'm biased because I've seen him play since pop warner, but no he is that good. While I think that BR article was a bit overzealous in naming him the top RT in the NFL, he is top 5 make no mistake.

But in terms of the situation between Harbaugh and Baalke John Madden was correct. Harbaughs come once every 15 years if that. Baalkes while hard to get are replacable.
we'll just have to agree to disagree. ad is extremely inconsistent, and hes prone to bad pass protection, in big games in big spots.

overall our OL is supposed to be strong and power yet its struggles in making pushes when we try to power run and struggles in protection from right side (AD) when we try to long pass (which is kaep's strength). I think AD is overpayed and overrated.

Daps
Not really.

Then tell me why else the majority of the response is that he is not worth 18m.

A lot of it has to do with him simply not playing to that level.

And don't bring up Cutler, there's always been a saying about how there's always a dumb owner or two who will drastically overpay a player, that owner should never become the rule but the acceptance.

Daps

To be clear, no way we should let him walk.

If we're okay with him leaving, lets see what we can get for em.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

what film do u watch?