A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
the other thing is I hate paying for something where potential is already factored in the price. this means you get no real value, you can only lose.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I hate Harbaugh & the 49ers, but gotdamn the niners front office/owners would be dumb as fukk to let him walk

As for Kaep wanting 18 mil :camby:

Daps
the other thing is I hate paying for something where potential is already factored in the price. this means you get no real value, you can only lose.

Yep, paying for potential is not a good look to me.

People shyt on that Flacco deal, but at least they got that ring out of him and he's proven he can put together a classic playoff run and finish it.

Kaep has all the potential in the world, I can't help but doubt him if he didn't have Harbaugh

Daps
as long as we can win with our defense, I see zero problems with this strategy of re-using qbs. when our d becomes ass, it would be time to think about direction and maybe change that.

this is all moot point tho, I think barring some huge FO rift, kaep finna get signed for 18+ long term...

Yep. I don't think anyone is silly enough to think Kaepernick is the driving force behind our success.

That dude was a passenger for the majority of this season.

Alex Smith had nowhere near the talent Kaep possesses and the team's success level was the same as it was in 2011.

Daps
whats there to worry about, if kaep commands 18+ we'll only be able to sign one of three out of aldon, iupati and crabtree. and my gut tells me it'll be crabs just to keep the weapons intact for kaep.

We about to turn into another one of them fake ass Arena football teams, just without the high powered offense......

Daps
The fact that most us fans are so non-committal towards Kaepernick tells you all you need to know.

He has a long way to go before the fans truly see him worthy of a big investement.

That sour taste of them 2 losses is very strong still

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
3 things I'd like to see this offseason is
1. Boldin resigning(which has happened)
2. Drafting a speedy receiver 1st round(maybe Brandin Cooks)
3. Possible Revis acquisition via trade