A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as far as kaep's deal goes, i'm not tripping off it. 18 million is around the average rate for franchise QBs now. with the way the salary cap is increasing and with us having double digit draft picks every year, kaep's potential extension won't cripple the team, especially when the front office has managed the cap very well to this point

besides, what are the chances that we'll draft and develop a QB better than kaep when harbaugh might not be around? slim to none. i'd rather keep the proven commodity

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
as far as kaep's deal goes, i'm not tripping off it. 18 million is around the average rate for franchise QBs now. with the way the salary cap is increasing and with us having double digit draft picks every year, kaep's potential extension won't cripple the team, especially when the front office has managed the cap very well to this point

besides, what are the chances that we'll draft and develop a QB better than kaep when harbaugh might not be around? slim to none. i'd rather keep the proven commodity

We can find reason to give him that kind of money, but it's still overpaying for him. That's never a good thing imo.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We can find reason to give him that kind of money, but it's still overpaying for him. That's never a good thing imo.

i can see your point. but letting kaep walk is worse than overpaying for him imo

the question is- do you see colin kaepernick as a franchise QB? if the answer is yes, pay him. if the answer is no, then draft his replacement. and let's say for argument's sake that we do move on kaep and his replacement is just as good if not better. guess what? we'll end up in the same contract situation that we have with kaep right now

i don't think you can play musical chairs at QB and expect to be perennial contenders. that success is not sustainable over time to me

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's the thing though...for those of you who would trade Kaep and draft a QB. What happens when that QB overachieves and asks for the going rate? Trade him and draft another QB? OK. Well, what if that QB overachieves? I'm not against moving on if the demands are unreasonable. But trading and replacing any young QB that overachieves is not really a good, long term solution anyways.

I see both sides. Just need a team to take a hard stand and rejig the QB salaries somehow. This shyt is madness.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are Seahawks working on a deal with Russ? I'd like to see what Russ and Alex get. What other QBs are getting new deals this year?

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
18 mill tho? :ld:

then again my fukkboys did pay romo 100 milli so its wahtever :manny:

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are Seahawks working on a deal with Russ? I'd like to see what Russ and Alex get. What other QBs are getting new deals this year?
Russ/Luck/Rg3 can't start to negotiate a new deal until next year according to the CBA.

Bengals looking into a long term deal for Dalton.
Cam is up for a new deal. Haven't heard shyt about any negotiations though. Since he was a top 10 pick he has a 5th year option, so he may not even get a new deal this year.

Daps

Ay some point, we gotta really debate if that is worth it.

Just because the whole league is for breaking the bank for a good QB doesn't mean we should be.

I`d love to see what offer is out there for Kaepernick in a trade, just to see what his value is and then put a price tag on him.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alex is with Andy Reid and Luck was the golden child prospect.

Kaep was a 2nd round QB who we groomed. Even right now at best he is a good QB, no more no less.

And good QBs get paid. You don't have to like it, but that's how the league works. If you want to replace Kaep...then you better hope you will go further with a rookie. Nikkaz really think winning with an inexperienced QB is easy. Not giving Kaep enough credit IMO.

Last edited:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
And good QBs get paid. You don't have to like it, but that's how the league works. Then you better hope you will go further with a rookie. Nikkaz really think winning with an inexperienced QB is easy. Not giving Kaep enough credit IMO.
This team would get to the playoffs with a bum at qb

Daps
And good QBs get paid. You don't have to like it, but that's how the league works. Then you better hope you will go further with a rookie. Nikkaz really think winning with an inexperienced QB is easy. Not giving Kaep enough credit IMO.

Kaep is a good QB. I know this is how the league is going, but Kaepernick doesn't deserve 18 mil.

Reality is last time he set on that field he gave us a real good reason to question his worth.

I`m not saying we need to trade him, in fact i`d be okay with signing him for this $ too, just cause it's the nature of the beast. I do not think he is nearly worth it, but it is what it is.

I`d just like to see what his value is on the block