A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:takedat: fukking beautiful man. I'll try to hit up the Quakes game since it'll be the first official sporting event there and I will most def be going to WMXXXI.

I'm thinking we might have a decent home field advantage. The Niner sideline will be in the shade. While the away team's sideline will be smack dab in the sun. Jed said it should be louder than the stick.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/c...vis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience
its amazing how closer to the field the fans will be, you'll be right on top of the field

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This got retweeted by Maicco

Insurance I guess.

:patrice:

Carlos re estructures or :camby: there should be enough space to keep Quan :ahh:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey Harbaugh just said Bowman might return in the middle the season or just sit out the whole year I think it's time the Niners draft a mlb just in case

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...-Surgery/511bb3ad-6419-4cdd-b6d7-e12595b0c79c

“Tank had a procedure done (right) after the season that took out a mass of scar tissue,” Jim Harbaugh revealed on Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. “He wasn't able to straighten out his leg before that. Then they took that out and his leg went straight."

San Francisco activated Carradine from the team’s Reserve/Non-Football Injury List on Oct. 29, allowing him to hit the practice field, only to place him on season-ending Injured Reserve six weeks later.

“He looks like a different guy now, since that procedure,” Harbaugh said. “Just with what we saw when he did practice with our football team and now this procedure that's been done, I'm even more excited. I think he's going to have a great offseason and look forward to his progress very, very much.

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nikka Harbaugh is setting Mangini to replace Roman should he fukk up next season. :mjpls:
this whole magini thing makes no sense

he has no offensive background, they need to get a real guy who knows how to call a passing game. im done with roman

• Dap
Reactions: dza

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
This got retweeted by Maicco

Insurance I guess.

:patrice:

Carlos re estructures or :camby: there should be enough space to keep Quan :ahh:

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Los restructures. I think Frank restructures, too. There's no fear of the Niners cutting Frank (I don't think), but I think they'll convince him to restructure.

Also, with $11 million in cap space, the Niners might be able to resign Legal Hitner or work something for Iupati.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's a foregone conclusion that Los restructures. I think Frank restructures, too. There's no fear of the Niners cutting Frank (I don't think), but I think they'll convince him to restructure.

Also, with $11 million in cap space, the Niners might be able to resign Legal Hitner or work something for Iupati.
hes gone, he wants to be the highest paid guard in the game

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...-Surgery/511bb3ad-6419-4cdd-b6d7-e12595b0c79c

“Tank had a procedure done (right) after the season that took out a mass of scar tissue,” Jim Harbaugh revealed on Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. “He wasn't able to straighten out his leg before that. Then they took that out and his leg went straight."

San Francisco activated Carradine from the team’s Reserve/Non-Football Injury List on Oct. 29, allowing him to hit the practice field, only to place him on season-ending Injured Reserve six weeks later.

“He looks like a different guy now, since that procedure,” Harbaugh said. “Just with what we saw when he did practice with our football team and now this procedure that's been done, I'm even more excited. I think he's going to have a great offseason and look forward to his progress very, very much.

Our D Line depth next year is gonna be crazy

Glen Dorsey
Ian Williams
Cowboy
Ray Mcdonald
Tank
Quinten Dial
TJE

Dobbs (possibly)
Lawrence Okoye (Possibly)

Plus, they'll probably draft a DL or 2. It depends on what we do this offseason with our FA's (Boldin/Whitner), but if we're able to retain who we want to retain, I could see the Niners taking a flier on Dominique Easley of Florida and treating him like Tank.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Kinda forgot about this but even though we are stuck with Roman, we at least kept Tomsula brehs :blessed:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Kinda forgot about this but even though we are stuck with Roman, we at least kept Tomsula brehs :blessed:

:whew:

Romans seat is gonna be on the warm side though next year, he better get that pass offense going. No team that was near last in pass offense ever won the superbowl.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/2/23/5438150/49ers-jim-harbaugh-browns-trade-rumors-florio-report

The recent PFT article on the "almost" deal trading Jim Harbaugh from the San Francisco 49ers to the Cleveland Browns has stirred quite the brouhaha. Niners Nation has described it as a roller coaster and it really has been an interesting chain of events.

At first blush, I completely dismissed the notion made by Mike Florio. However, my nature is inquisitive and the statements made by Florio and others made me consider the plausibility in some of the bizarre circumstances, especially after each new assertion or denial.

Here at SB Nation, writers are fans. I cannot pretend the idea of losing Harbaugh did not cause me some anxiety. The pre-Harbaugh era weighed heavily on my mind.

In just three years, Harbaugh has almost eradicated the Mike Singletary stench. Harbaugh's teams were a fumble away from the Super Bowl in 2012, yards away from a Super Bowl Championship in 2013, and a finger away from the Super Bowl in 2014. I cannot stomach serious criticism of his coaching talents, and struggle to understand why the team would even entertain something like that.

Now, as a Cal fan, I am very much aware of Harbaugh's supposed personality disorders. I criticized Harbaugh's on-field antics and media responses long before any NFL fan. My familiarity with his personality and dislike of his bizarre on-field behavior made me question the 49ers choice. At this point in time, I find his personality amusing because he is on my side. I think he is a great coach.

However, I find it comical that some focus on Harbaugh's unlikeable personality. It is not breaking news. People at Stanford have said he wore people out. Harbaugh has a very dramatic and sometimes difficult personality. This is no secret. If I knew this about Coach Harbaugh over three years ago, so did the 49ers.

It has been asserted there is serious tension between Harbaugh and Trent Baalke. Is it possible? Absolutely. If true, however, Baalke and Harbaugh have managed to conceal it very well. There have been rumblings, but there has been no overt issues from either of them. And, these two "alpha types" have found a way to work considerably well together these past three years.

I do not doubt Harbaugh and Baalke have differences in personalities and philosophies. But what they do share is the will to win. And if they can pull it together to get this team to the NFC Championship three years in a row, it is difficult to say this so-called feud is having a real impact. If there is tension, it is because they have not won it all. But, I think they know they must work together to do this.

When the rumors started about Harbaugh supposedly going to Texas, Jed York stated the 49ers wanted a long term relationship with Coach Harbaugh. So, if we know the 49ers want to work out a long term deal with Coach Harbaugh and Harbaugh feels he deserves an extension, it is reasonable to say both parties want an agreement but negotiations remain at a standstill.

Yesterday, Tim Kawakami wrote an article with some theories. Some of his presumptions made sense and were logical, but I am not sure the actual story is all that complicated. From my experience in negotiations with teams and athletes, Kawakami's comparison to big-time poker was an excellent illustration. More or less, negotiations between an agent and a team is a game of chicken.

The Browns are not a lucrative franchise. Everyone knows that. Why would Harbaugh (or anyone else) want to leave top-notch facilities and staff, a brand new stadium, and a championship contending team for the Browns? It is my belief the Browns were merely a pawn in the Harbaugh-49ers standoff.

When negotiating, it is not unusual for a player's or coach's agent to manufacture a demand for their client. Harbaugh may not have been entirely aware of it either. Likewise, a team can utilize the interest of another team to create a trade threat. If Harbaugh desires to stay with a team, market leverage gained by the agent can be lost. The Browns' interest in Harbaugh effectively gave both sides a leveraging tool.

Realistically, it is unlikely either side wanted Harbaugh traded to the Browns. Harbaugh's people and the 49ers were playing a popular negotiation game and neither side veered away. The standoff probably went a little further than they may have planned, but a trade was probably never a reality to either side.

I would not be surprised if the 49ers and Harbaugh's agent were pretty convincing and made Mike Lombardi believe a trade was possible. Perhaps Lombardi even believed he was "close" to a deal for the Browns. And perhaps he led others within the organization to believe he "almost" had a trade in place. But, Harbaugh "decided not to leave the 49ers" because a trade was never a reality. Point goes to the San Francisco 49ers in this game of chicken. And Mike Lombardi got canned.

Although Mike Florio did not pull the story from thin air, he obviously went the sensational route. He had no interest in looking at the story dispassionately. In his childish efforts to protect his source, he basically identified him. When one reads the original PFT report, the article calls the "near deal" "stunning" and "the most unpredictable outcome of any head coaching search since Jon Gruden...." The article is written so favorably that it makes one person look like a quasi-genius, i.e., Mike Lombardi. Re-reading the report with everything we know, coupled with the denials from both Harbaugh and the 49ers, it becomes pretty obvious who the source is.

Lombardi has the motive. After all, he informed us of the mystery coach. If he actually believed the deal was close and did not go through -- and was subsequently fired by the Browns -- you can see why he would be a little salty. Further, the article paints Lombardi in an unrestrained, positive light. There may be other sources, including those from the Browns organization who believed it to be true. And, I wouldn't find it hard to believe if Harbaugh's agent had a hand in it.

Florio obviously accepted everything at face value and did not ask his sources the right questions. I understand Florio is an attorney, but he must have been a pretty terrible one. Lawyering requires logical analysis, asking questions, thinking through every possible theory. And when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Browns getting Harbaugh with multiple draft picks would have been too good to be true. In law, and Florio should know this, there have to be actual terms in a deal (or an "almost" deal).

Sorry Florio, you got fooled by the pawn, the person used to further contract negotiations. Lombardi and the Browns may have believed they were making a legitimate run at Harbaugh. However, it seems like it was more of a fruitless attempt at something with almost no likelihood of success. Nonetheless, the 49ers and Team Harbaugh were playing a game of chicken, and it would seem it was Harbaugh's agent who eventually yielded.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

I had the same problem got surgery and still can't straighten my leg, all the way

:to: