A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Daps
Reppin
i wanna hunnid and fitty thousand!
We need to develop a legit downfield/deep passing attack ..VD is our only legit deep threat and against Seattle he's pretty much neutralized the way they defend seam routes ..we need another legit threat to run vertical routes to really threaten Earl Thomas he just sits on everything ..lookin back at the Colts Sea game they had success cuz TY is fast enough to get behind them and they ran a lot of deep corners and verticals
we had a chance at going after josh gordon but passed on it :damn:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I agree he has a crazy amount of upside, but he still has a lot to prove.

Just cause every bum QB gets a grip doesn't mean we should go with that though, i`d like to see us be very careful with the amount of money we allot to the QB position

I also think the defense had a lot to do with us getting where we got this year, last year it was more centered around Kaepernick's play.

Not saying we gotta overpay but it would be cheaper to sign him now than to test out the market value of this guy after next year, history has shown us QBs are getting paid as long as you are above average, shyt even Alex Smith will get a nice paycheck as a free agent, and Kap is a safer investment than guys like Flacco, Stafford or Cutler.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
we had a chance at going after josh gordon but passed on it :damn:

You know what we got guys on out team that can contribute now and excel within the current system, if Vance McDonald improves his catching, he is an extremely dangerous target. That alone changes the look of our offense. The few times Vance did catch the ball they were pretty big plays, he's got the athleticism and speed with the size but we gotta get him going, plus if Quinton Patton stays healthy that will help too. Us not getting Josh Gordon basically sent the message that Jim Harbaugh has no real intentions of changing his offensive philosophy.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
still dont understand the whole vertical attack thing. we had ginn for two years under harroman...did we use him asa deep threat ? no. hes been used as one on the panthers. mario was nearly exclusively a deep threat in ny. we maybe attempted 2 deep passes max to him over these two years

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Football's football, there is no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to discuss other teams that aren't their own.

I welcome all and anyone who wants to talk about this team

But they not even coming in to discuss or add anything of value.... They just come in to troll.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
still dont understand the whole vertical attack thing. we had ginn for two years under harroman...did we use him asa deep threat ? no. hes been used as one on the panthers. mario was nearly exclusively a deep threat in ny. we maybe attempted 2 deep passes max to him over these two years

This is my biggest :dwillhuh: about our coaching strategy. We have had players that can stretch the field, but we don't fully use them to do that. Our most consistent deep threat since Harroman took over has been VD, and that's with Ginn, Moss, and Manningham on the team.

There's no use in developing a deep threat if we're never going to use it. We need to be connecting on at least 2 deep shots a game for it to be effective, which means we'd need to take like 4-5 deep shot attempts a game. Harroman isn't going to call deep shots like that.

The threat of the deep ball, however, can be more effective than the actual deep ball in the long run.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I hope kaep takes a lesser contract with more guaranteed money

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
67dbf55486bef9b818bcfa9f08808fb7.png

:noah:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:takedat: fukking beautiful man. I'll try to hit up the Quakes game since it'll be the first official sporting event there and I will most def be going to WMXXXI.

I'm thinking we might have a decent home field advantage. The Niner sideline will be in the shade. While the away team's sideline will be smack dab in the sun. Jed said it should be louder than the stick.

"The biggest revelation, however, will occur at kickoff time: Even though Levi's Stadium will have about 1,000 fewer seats than Candlestick, it will be much louder. During a tour earlier this year, project co-director Robert Rayborn pointed out something that I had not even considered. "It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."

Then he explained why. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums. The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower -- essentially, a 12-story building -- on the west side of the field. That means two things: One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower. And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground -- because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes.

Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramification is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field. Jed York, the 49ers CEO and stadium overseer, agrees the net effect should be a cacophony of howling.

"It should be louder than Candlestick, for the reasons you point out," York said. "I don't know how loud it will get, though." My prediction: As loud as Seattle or Kansas City, the NFL's two loudest outdoor stadiums. And I'm not even accounting for how loud the 49ers will decide to crank up the stadium sound system with new state-of-the-art speakers. In Seattle, as ordered up by rock fan owner Paul Allen, the tweeters and woofers are deafening.
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/c...vis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience