A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
lol breh u been courtin his ass for a while now :youngsabo:

I think hes resigning with us actually :manny:
Cause we got some fukkin bums playing safety since we let BDawk go. :to::damn:

Also we could use another goon & enforcer on our defense.

Yea thats probably will happen.:sadcam: We tried to sign Goldson last offseason but the Bucs gave him a big ass deal. :sadcam:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
youre too loyal
every man has a price. no homo. if harbs leaves as a FA I will be lamenting we didnt get picks for him

:huh:

What does loyalty have to do with this? I'm with LastEmp on this one. Between Baalke and Harbaugh, I prefer keeping Harbs. Not because I'm loyal to the guy, but because I value him more.

Now, if Jim's problem is with Baalke, Paraag and Jed...then that's another story and I'd be down for some 1st and 2nd round picks :to:

Daps

What does loyalty have to do with this? I'm with LastEmp on this one. Between Baalke and Harbaugh, I prefer keeping Harbs. Not because I'm loyal to the guy, but because I value him more.

Now, if Jim's problem is with Baalke, Paraag and Jed...then that's another story and I'd be down for some 1st and 2nd round picks :to:

My whole point.

If anything I think we`d be too loyal to Baalke a guy who has made picks and signings but hasn't ever coached a game.

I`m sorry i``ll just take a great coach over a good GM.Baalke has too many questionable moves under his belt to choose him over Harbaugh

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

baalke is just as responsible for 49ers recent success as harbaugh, even if we say the draft picks were always 50/50 between baalke and harbs. plus baalke gets credit for 2010 draft, in which iupati, ad and bowman were all picked

its ok to say you value harbaugh more, but to say youll be disgusted if org chooses one above the other is too much. if you feel that strongly, you clearly have too much personal preference and loyalty

its never about one guy in football, and never even about two three guys. never is and never will.

I love harbs, but his impact on this team is overstated. hes an offensive guy, and while Im glad at him setting alex straight and grooming kaep, this offense didnt improve as much as we'd like, and raw talent is not really the main issue at hand.
harbs himself is too loyal to players and staff, and I wouldnt be surprised if large part of feud is over that.

personally, while I love harbs, the mentality of baalke suits me more. baalke seems like a pure moneyball guy. before him we used to throw money around at free agents. now we go "take it or leave it" with free agents and never overpay.
thats the type of approach I love to see. no one's fukking safe. the question baalke asks is not what have you done last year but what have you done last year in terms of money youre getting paid.

and, last but not least, no one will give us 1st round picks for baalke. we will get them for harbs. this is a huge point.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
in other news

The San Jose Mercury News reports that "it sounds like" $15-16 million annually is the "floor" in a potential Colin Kaepernick-49ers contract extension.

That would put Kaepernick in the top-ten at his position in terms of annual average. The 49ers and Kaepernick's representation met at the Combine over the weekend, and all indications are that talks have gotten off on the right foot. There's still a long way to go in these negotiations, but both sides have expressed a desire to get something done before the season. Kaepernick is currently scheduled to earn just $973,766 in the final year of his rookie deal.

hopefully thats just speculation :sadcam: 16 milly 'floor ' ???
1-vince-mcmahon-wwe-funny-face.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
16 milly floor? :scusthov: :sadcam:

baalke is just as responsible for 49ers recent success as harbaugh, even if we say the draft picks were always 50/50 between baalke and harbs. plus baalke gets credit for 2010 draft, in which iupati, ad and bowman were all picked

its ok to say you value harbaugh more, but to say youll be disgusted if org chooses one above the other is too much. if you feel that strongly, you clearly have too much personal preference and loyalty

its never about one guy in football, and never even about two three guys. never is and never will.

I love harbs, but his impact on this team is overstated. hes an offensive guy, and while Im glad at him setting alex straight and grooming kaep, this offense didnt improve as much as we'd like, and raw talent is not really the main issue at hand.
harbs himself is too loyal to players and staff, and I wouldnt be surprised if large part of feud is over that.

personally, while I love harbs, the mentality of baalke suits me more. baalke seems like a pure moneyball guy. before him we used to throw money around at free agents. now we go "take it or leave it" with free agents and never overpay.
thats the type of approach I love to see. no one's fukking safe. the question baalke asks is not what have you done last year but what have you done last year in terms of money youre getting paid.

and, last but not least, no one will give us 1st round picks for baalke. we will get them for harbs. this is a huge point.

I get your point. We are just not gonna agree on who we value more. Even with draft picks involved, at this point I still value our coach more we are solid and good enough for me to prefer keeping Harbs and gamble on a new coach than a hot prospect.

The Harbaugh/offense thing is a very good point though, we really don't know how guilty he is about our woes on that department. But at the same time, isn't it the same case with Baalke and Paraag with the contracts? Honest question as I'm not sure about that last part.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
16 milly floor? :scusthov: :sadcam:

I get your point. We are just not gonna agree on who we value more. Even with draft picks involved, at this point I still value our coach more we are solid and good enough for me to prefer keeping Harbs and gamble on a new coach than a hot prospect.

The Harbaugh/offense thing is a very good point though, we really don't know how guilty he is about our woes on that department. But at the same time, isn't it the same case with Baalke and Paraag with the contracts? Honest question as I'm not sure about that last part.
the only bad contracts I can see was los (sounded good at the time), but hes easily cuttable now after giving us a really great year, a good year and an ok year...and anthony davis (still pretty young so some room for turnaround but I doubt he'll ever be elite RT)

compared to amount of good contracts where we had steals (los for 2011, whitner, dorsey, goodwin) and avoiding overpaying for guys like goldson, aubrayo, sop, morgan, etc, along with setting up a cut-friendly contract with alex...we had a great run and the contracts are one of the reason why we're so stacked...not to mention we got very reasonable extensions for our ILB all-world linebackers

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
the only bad contracts I can see was los (sounded good at the time), but hes easily cuttable now after giving us a really great year, a good year and an ok year...and anthony davis (still pretty young so some room for turnaround but I doubt he'll ever be elite RT)

compared to amount of good contracts where we had steals (los for 2011, whitner, dorsey, goodwin) and avoiding overpaying for guys like goldson, aubrayo, sop, morgan, etc, along with setting up a cut-friendly contract with alex...we had a great run and the contracts are one of the reason why we're so stacked...not to mention we got very reasonable extensions for our ILB all-world linebackers

I know that breh. I'm asking if the Baalke/Paraag dynamic regarding contracts is similar to Harbaugh/Roman regarding the offense. Meaning, do we know for sure Baalke is the main guy behind them contracts? I remember reading somebody saying Paraag had a big saying in that subject but he may have just been talking out of his ass, that's why I wanna know :manny:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
meh. both times reid got hurt we sucked in secondary afterwards, against teams who struggled on offense nonetheless

and reid is a concussion risk too at this point, gotta be considered.

this team is too conservative in terms of personnel, man. we value guys who 'know the system' a lot more than new guys who can make the team better. Im convinced ian williams cannot do a better job than dorsey yet he won the NT job.

this is my biggest fear going into this draft, which is stacked. we still have tons of talent on the team and arent comfortable with giving chances to rookies.

nobody knew about ian or dorsey, all we know is that we got them both back and got nt depth for cheap

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I know that breh. I'm asking if the Baalke/Paraag dynamic regarding contracts is similar to Harbaugh/Roman regarding the offense. Meaning, do we know for sure Baalke is the main guy behind them contracts? I remember reading somebody saying Paraag had a big saying in that subject but he may have just been talking out of his ass, that's why I wanna know :manny:
paraag does all the contracts, baalke tells him who to sign

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
nobody knew about ian or dorsey, all we know is that we got them both back and got nt depth for cheap
you missed my point breh
which is we dont get to upgrade players unless we have an injury (alex, ian, cully/los/brown). coaching staff is too conservative with the personnel and rarely gives snaps to backups (although vic eased up this year a bit)