A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
cotdamn I really feel like Vance should play a big part but these drops :mindblown:

in other news Q and Darryl Morris scrapped and Q was kicked out from practice :ehh:

the DB battle imo right now is that Brock and Cully are starters, with the nickel spot wide open

Id say depth is like this right now:
Brock Cully
Cox Morris
Ward Johnson
Chris Cook

Morris, somewhat suprisingly is making a stong push for the nickel job but cox is also up there. hear johnson looks good in breaking up passes . ward got a late start but hes also done well. we could be looking at a committee in nickel packages. I actually still think ward is long-term safety, so if any of these guys pass him up as corners, I dont mind that much.

in general weve heard pretty much all positive things besides cook.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cotdamn I really feel like Vance should play a big part but these drops :mindblown:

in other news Q and Darryl Morris scrapped and Q was kicked out from practice :ehh:

the DB battle imo right now is that Brock and Cully are starters, with the nickel spot wide open

Id say depth is like this right now:
Brock Cully
Cox Morris
Ward Johnson
Chris Cook

Morris, somewhat suprisingly is making a stong push for the nickel job but cox is also up there. hear johnson looks good in breaking up passes . ward got a late start but hes also done well. we could be looking at a committee in nickel packages. I actually still think ward is long-term safety, so if any of these guys pass him up as corners, I dont mind that much.

in general weve heard pretty much all positive things besides cook.

it still irks me that this team passed on ertz and took mcdonald instead

:mindblown:

i think were starting to see this secondary is more talented then first thought, the young guys really have some upside. ward is too small to play safety in the nfl, expect him to be a full time cb in the future. i was listening to knbr and lynch was talking about who could be the next big star of this defense and he thinks brock is on the verge of being a pro bowler

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
it still irks me that this team passed on ertz and took mcdonald instead

:mindblown:

i think were starting to see this secondary is more talented then first thought, the young guys really have some upside. ward is too small to play safety in the nfl, expect him to be a full time cb in the future. i was listening to knbr and lynch was talking about who could be the next big star of this defense and he thinks brock is on the verge of being a pro bowler
well right now it looks like we're good in depth dept if johnson and ward can play decently this year. with that said, injuries or plain bad performance can literally happen to anyone in the group. cully still a ? mark after injury, and brock I always fear of becoming a pumpkin...
for other positions I know like boldin or davis or staley or brooks wont just fall off...with secondary, I feel no real guarantee with ANYONE lol.

so depth is really important if something goes wrong somewhere

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well right now it looks like we're good in depth dept if johnson and ward can play decently this year. with that said, injuries or plain bad performance can literally happen to anyone in the group. cully still a ? mark after injury, and brock I always fear of becoming a pumpkin...
for other positions I know like boldin or davis or staley or brooks wont just fall off...with secondary, I feel no real guarantee with ANYONE lol.

so depth is really important if something goes wrong somewhere

you gotta take the good and the bad with youth

eventually this team had to move on from rogers/brown and that whole starting secondary from the super bowl is gone.

im pretty comfortable with brock, i saw enough of him last year and culliver is defiantly the x factor.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
you gotta take the good and the bad with youth

eventually this team had to move on from rogers/brown and that whole starting secondary from the super bowl is gone.

im pretty comfortable with brock, i saw enough of him last year and culliver is defiantly the x factor.
I mean, Im optimistic myself more or less, just commenting that any extra depth at corner would be great

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's a huge blow for the d-line, especially since ian williams still ain't practicing yet

hopefully TJE or dial can step up and lock down the NT spot

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
basically dial will be the starter until ian williams can play, which would probably be closer to midseason than start of the season...