A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't usually comment on these grades, but I don't see how Miller doesn't get a resounding A. Dude might be best fb in football

I thought so too last year when I gave him an A- but he had a rough year last year, especially as a receiver. Also John Conner, has seemed to find health and is showing his true potential as an elite Fullback, Marcell Reece is better, Anthony Sherman is better and Mike Tolbert is the best Fullback in football. Then I would sat Bruce Miller. Furthermore we drafted another fullback in a similar mold this year that some say was the best fullback in the draft prior to a torn ACL, which means the 49es would like to consider some alternative options. Now keep in mind only 16 teams in the NFL still use the fullback position and if I have Miller at # 5 then the B grade makes more sense especially since I thought he was more important to the offense in the 2012 season.

Last edited:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I thought so too last year when I gave him an A- but he had a rough year last year, especially as a receiver. Also John Conner, has seemed to find health and is showing his true potential as an elite Fullback, Marcell Reece is better, Anthony Sherman is better and Mike Tolbert is the best Fullback in football. Then I would sat Bruce Miller. Furthermore we drafted another fullback in a similar mold this year that some say was the best fullback in the draft prior to a torn ACL, which means the 49es would like to consider some alternative options.
Ill give you sherman and to lesser extent conner, but I think reece has been trending downwards and tolbert is ASS at blocking...main job of fullback is to block, not get short yardage

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Ill give you sherman and to lesser extent conner, but I think reece has been trending downwards and tolbert is ASS at blocking...main job of fullback is to block, not get short yardage

Yes but again in todays NFL, the fullback has to be versatile and Tolbert can almost guarantee you a moving of the chains in 3rd and short. Also I think he's actually a very good blocker for a guy thats 5'9. He's better in the run than the pass but he's makes up for his lack of size with quickness. Also he is BY FAR the best receiver in the backfield, he's better than alot of runningbacks.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a stain on baalke resume but i have no problem overlooking it considering all the good hes done

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
a stain on baalke resume but i have no problem overlooking it considering all the good hes done
the real stain is jenkins, it was basically just either dumping aj outright or trade him for something.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Jon Baldwin was not a good WR, I would suspect his NFL career is over. That pic says a 1000 words, he had no drive and no intensity. He looks like he took Nyquil.

And they had to give that sleepy ass nikka da gawd's number:stopitslime: