A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Anybody know what games they're going to? So far I'm going to the saints game since n.o. is a car ride away, and I'll be at the redskins and the seahawks games since they're only 4 days apart.

I might try and make the Saints game in NOLA.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Nope, only phony ass fans are cool with the bandwagon crew.

I have zero respect for anyone who started rooting for this team in 2011-12, unless you're under the age of 13.

Because they`ll all be gone once the team has some downfalls, they only want the glory of the game, not the pain. fukk them, and that's a good amount of fans in here, I wont point any fingers today though,

I'm sorry, but that's bullshyt...ESPECIALLY since the vast majority of us became Niner fans during the time when they were continually in the playoffs and competing for Super Bowls. I'm not saying anybody became a Niner fan because of this, but I'd be willing to bet nobody became a fan in 2003. By all accounts, mostly everybody who's a fan on this site was a fan pre Erickson.

I have no issues with anybody who says they're a Niner fan. Whether you been a fan for 68 years or 68 seconds, you wanna claim that Niner Empire and talk Niners I'm all for it.

Trying to pull somebody's "fan card" is idiotic anyways, because somebody has always been a fan longer...

Daps
I'm sorry, but that's bullshyt...ESPECIALLY since the vast majority of us became Niner fans during the time when they were continually in the playoffs and competing for Super Bowls. I'm not saying anybody became a Niner fan because of this, but I'd be willing to bet nobody became a fan in 2003. By all accounts, mostly everybody who's a fan on this site was a fan pre Erickson.

I have no issues with anybody who says they're a Niner fan. Whether you been a fan for 68 years or 68 seconds, you wanna claim that Niner Empire and talk Niners I'm all for it.

Trying to pull somebody's "fan card" is idiotic anyways, because somebody has always been a fan longer...

I became a fan when i was 5 yrs old and front running.

Like I said, when you're a kid, frontrunning happens obviously but it's about sticking with the team.

fukk these frontrunning adults who all of a sudden got behind this team when Harbaugh took us to the playoffs. They know who they are.

And yes i`ll always pull a fan card cause i`m not gonna listen to some 30 year old who been watching this team for 3 years tell me about a team i`ve been watching for 25.

And NO, i`d say half the fans showed up when we started making moves in 2011.

@JLova
@Jmare007
@yseJ
@Bryan Danielson or Rdubb as we know him

These were dudes who been holding it forever. There been a real influx of new people repping this team since 2011, the numbers went up drastically. We always had solid post counts as @yseJ and myself and others have been hyper vigilant but now a lot of it is johnny come lately fans too.

It is what it is, but honestly, they`ll be gone if we go into the shytter anytime soon, and they`ll always be treated like temporary fans in my opinion.

Don't like it, deal with it.

Last edited:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I became a fan when i was 5 yrs old and front running.

Like I said, when you're a kid, frontrunning happens obviously but it's about sticking with the team.

fukk these frontrunning adults who all of a sudden got behind this team when Harbaugh took us to the playoffs. They know who they are.

And yes i`ll always pull a fan card cause i`m not gonna listen to some 30 year old who been watching this team for 3 years tell me about a team i`ve been watching for 25.

And NO, i`d say half the fans showed up when we started making moves in 2011.

@JLova
@Jmare007
@yseJ
@Bryan Danielson or Rdubb as we know him

These were dudes who been holding it forever. There been a real influx of new people repping this team since 2011, the numbers went up drastically. We always had solid post counts as @yseJ and myself and others have been hyper vigilant but now a lot of it is johnny come lately fans too.

It is what it is, but honestly, they`ll be gone if we go into the shytter anytime soon, and they`ll always be treated like temporary fans in my opinion.

Don't like it, deal with it.
:what:
Breh, you're basing your logic on people who posted on SOHH. You act like everybody knew about SOHH and that there was a Niners thread there.

What kind of sense does that make?

You know what? It doesn't even matter. If you're a Niners fan from whenever, you're good with me. I couldn't care less about when you became a fan, and if we go in the shytter, I couldn't care less if you leave. What's important is right now.

Niner Empire

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:yeshrug: I've been a fan since I was 5 also, as a matter of fact, that's how I even found this board (searching fora niners board). I never posted on sight but I lurked from time to time and I got tired of posting on the official niners board. I've been a member there since '02 when I was 15 under the username ninerdestiny. Nobody can tell me I'm not a fan when I take a trip to sf every year and have over 20k worth of niners stuff in my game room.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I wont ever pull anyones card until I get provoked....the only times I brought up my 'experience' of being a fan, is when people accuse me of not being a 'real' fan because I criticize any part of the team - players, GMing, coaching, etc, a concept so asinine I have to defend myself :manny:

Daps
:what:
Breh, you're basing your logic on people who posted on SOHH. You act like everybody knew about SOHH and that there was a Niners thread there.

What kind of sense does that make?

You know what? It doesn't even matter. If you're a Niners fan from whenever, you're good with me. I couldn't care less about when you became a fan, and if we go in the shytter, I couldn't care less if you leave. What's important is right now.

Niner Empire

When discussing this team with people, it does matter to me. Especially because this is an internet forum, I don't know anyone here, so why do I give a fukk if I offend a bandwagon fan?

I`d prefer kicking it with a die hard Seagals fan than a frontrunning 49ers fan any day of the week.

As far as people not posting thing, you're right people could have just found the forum. But my common sense tells me, a lot of 49ers fans finding this forum in 2012 is a big coincidence to me.

Personally I think you take this to heart so much because you are one of them who popped up right around the time we got good,

Daps
I wont ever pull anyones card until I get provoked....the only times I brought up my 'experience' of being a fan, is when people accuse me of not being a 'real' fan because I criticize any part of the team - players, GMing, coaching, etc, a concept so asinine I have to defend myself :manny:

I pull the card when people do it on dumb shyt, dudes saying we should dump Vernon Davis immediately and shyt like that,

The over-stanning of the post 2011 players and the devaluing of guys like Davis will always irk me, especially when it comes from someone who probably was not invested in this team when Davis became such a leader and turned his whole career around

Daps
:yeshrug: I've been a fan since I was 5 also, as a matter of fact, that's how I even found this board (searching fora niners board). I never posted on sight but I lurked from time to time and I got tired of posting on the official niners board. I've been a member there since '02 when I was 15 under the username ninerdestiny. Nobody can tell me I'm not a fan when I take a trip to sf every year and have over 20k worth of niners stuff in my game room.

Daps to you.

I`m no way saying I can prove anyone being a bandwagaon fan, I just got a hunch about some. Not saying you are, as the method isn't fool proof and a lock or anything.

But either way, enjoy the team and rooting for them.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
When discussing this team with people, it does matter to me. Especially because this is an internet forum, I don't know anyone here, so why do I give a fukk if I offend a bandwagon fan?

I`d prefer kicking it with a die hard Seagals fan than a frontrunning 49ers fan any day of the week.

I just guess that's where we differ. If you don't like the Niners, I can't even fawk with you like that.

As far as people not posting thing, you're right people could have just found the forum. But my common sense tells me, a lot of 49ers fans finding this forum in 2012 is a big coincidence to me.
It is what it is. It's known that the Niners board is terrible. There comes a point in time when you naturally will go out and see what else is out there.

Personally I think you take this to heart so much because you are one of them who popped up right around the time we got good,
You would be wrong. I could post my history and embarrass you, but that would serve no purpose.
Like I said, if you say you like the Niners, then you're good with me. If there comes a time when you decide you don't like the Niners, there's no skin off my back. I'll always like the Niners no matter what.

• Dap
Reactions: dza
Daps
I just guess that's where we differ. If you don't like the Niners, I can't even fawk with you like that.

Why, is a person a bad person because they don't root for the same franchise as you? That's idiotic.

To me it says a whole lot about a persons character if they're a bandwagon fan than it does if they root for your rival. I got a lot more in common with the diehard rival than they fairweather 49er fan. Plus, they probably know the game much more than the fairweather fan.

It's just a game at the end of the day, and the rivalry aint that serious, but someone who is a glory hider says a lot about them in actual life.