A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I call it like I see it, never seen a MFer before, come in here talking about "Vernon Davis gotta get the fukk out".

That shyt right there tells me a lot.

I`m not here to protect e-feelings and make e-friends while worrying about my e-rep.
Yea it tells me that you :cape:For individual players while some of us are worried about the team overall

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I can see Davis getting an extension, I would hope so at least.

Marshanwn is one of the dude who hates the attention, but loves to be known for hating the attention. He's a hell of a player though, can't extend #24 though at this point anyway. His running style plus age.
I think will play out his contract, then be done. Probably got 2 good years left, anyway. There was rumor that he told teammates he was gonna retire if Seattle won the SB. Luckily that hasn't happened yet.

Daps
I think will play out his contract, then be done. Probably got 2 good years left, anyway. There was rumor that he told teammates he was gonna retire if Seattle won the SB. Luckily that hasn't happened yet.

Yeah he's definitely got time left on the punchclock. Respect his game and always have

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Kaep gets 20m a year and we lose Crabs. Iupati and Vernon because of that, I wont be expecting many deep playoff runs

And you do get that a lot of our success has been aided by the fact our QB contract number is so low.

Put $20m at the QB position and see how many guys you can re-sign.

Look at other teams with 20m QB's and check out the depth of their rosters

you also didn't expect the niners to make the SB in 2012 and play in the NFC title game in 2013, but it happened

the low QB contract number has aided our depth but so has drafting well, extending core players to team friendly deals, and acquiring talent thru trades. some top players will be let go after kaep will get paid but that also means we'll get comp picks for them as well. the niners will basically be set up to have double digit draft picks in most years, which also aids depth

truth is that as far as depth, the niners (and the seahawks) are a cut above the rest of the league and are set up to still be contenders even after huge QB extensions

Daps
Yea it tells me that you :cape:For individual players while some of us are worried about the team overall

I`m definitely gonna ride for certain players, players that are integral to the success of this team.

Remember how well Kaep played without Vernon or Crabs in a game, yeah he was downright horrible.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Same reporters who swore up and down we were going to trade up in the 1st round this year right?
no i don't believe they were the same ones.. but if you'd like to link that info to them then so be it

but you'd like me to do is take YOUR word.. with made up ideas and theories.. over the word of people who are there talking and watching the team every single day of the week

i'm getting pretty tired of the back and forth

what i said was, this nikka came out of nowhere talking bout new contract.. when he got 2 years left and he 30 and he was the 3rd highest paid TE in the entire game... when the last time we saw him he was doing nothing.. when kaep out here asking for 20 mil PER YEAR.. when aldon will count 9 MILLY against the cap after next year... when crabs needs a contract... when iupati needs a new contract... when we only have 6 mil in cap

and after all that did i say cut him.. nope

did i say trade him for a 2nd rounder.... nope

did i say he fukking sucks... nope

did i say all this out of the blue.. nope

i said all this cause he felt the need to hold out, when he knows good and damn well we don't even have the coach, nor qb signed up.. and the window is closing.. and he should be thinking team first, and pull this stunt next year.. a contract year

and after all of that.... who did i say we should try to get for him.... jimmy fukking graham... i know he wants money.. and i know his contract is bigger or will be... but i was halfway serious cause i know it won't happen...

but damn.. you in here acting like i said trade him for a 7th round pick and a pack of skittles

we can't afford no new contract.. we can't deal with this type of shyt right now.. we can't beat seattle in seattle WITH this nikka out there... i don't want to hear no heart and soul bullshyt right now.. heart and soul would have his fukking ass in camp right now, trying to win a damn superbowl.. especially considering his playoff numbers LAST YEAR

you still haven't told me once who we should cut or trade.. you actually haven't told me one plan that you think would actually work in getting him signed, even for the years... all you wanna do is argue what i say.. but you not even successful at that

but continue on sir

Daps
you also didn't expect the niners to make the SB in 2012 and play in the NFC title game in 2013, but it happened

truth is that as far as depth, the niners (and the seahawks) are a cut above the rest of the league and are set up to still be contenders even after huge QB extensions

I never said we wouldn't make the title game in 13, I did clearly say we would not make the SB though.

As far as the depth issue, look at how many significant players will be needing new deals either after this season or next

Crabtree
Davis
Iupati
Boone
Aldon
Hunter
Gore
Kaepernick
Culliver
Dorsey
Eric Wright
Chris Cook
Parish Cox
Ray Mac
Justin Smith
Phil Dawson
Ian Williams

So about all that LONG TERM depth.

Daps
you still haven't told me once who we should cut or trade.. you actually haven't told me one plan that you think would actually work in getting him signed, even for the years... all you wanna do is argue what i say.. but you not even successful at that

but continue on sir

A contract extension will have no effect on the 2014 salary cap, so there would be ZERO need to cut or trade anyone right now.

But heres' what I would do, so you no longer need to write essays and say nothing.

I would NOT give Kaepernick the big money deal he wants, he`d have to win that ring before I do so.

I would try and trade Aldon Smith 4 months ago.

There ya go, problem solved. You can free up money to keep your best offensive weapon by getting rid of your biggest cancer. It's a WIN-WIN

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A contract extension will have no effect on the 2014 salary cap, so there would be ZERO need to cut or trade anyone right now.

But heres' what I would do, so you no longer need to write essays and say nothing.

I would NOT give Kaepernick the big money deal he wants, he`d have to win that ring before I do so.

I would try and trade Aldon Smith 4 months ago.

There ya go, problem solved. You can free up money to keep your best offensive weapon by getting rid of your biggest cancer. It's a WIN-WIN
your solution is to NOT pay our qb.. knowing with him in this last year.. we will not be getting any type of high pick... nor can we trade him after the season cause he won't be under contract

following that.. you'd hop in a time machine and trade people 4 months ago

you sir, have told me all i need to know.. no worries about an essay or any other type of response

both our problems have been solved.. have a good day

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said we wouldn't make the title game in 13, I did clearly say we would not make the SB though.

As far as the depth issue, look at how many significant players will be needing new deals either after this season or next

Crabtree
Davis
Iupati
Boone
Aldon
Hunter
Gore
Kaepernick
Culliver
Dorsey
Eric Wright
Chris Cook
Parish Cox
Ray Mac
Justin Smith
Phil Dawson
Ian Williams

So about all that LONG TERM depth.

again, we'll extend some guys and we'll lose some guys. it's really no different than what's happened the past 3 years. we've lost several major contributors and pro bowlers over that time like:

alex smith
delanie walker
josh morgan
mario manningham
randy moss
johnathan goodwin
isaac sopoaga
ricky jean francois
carlos rogers
tarell brown
dashon goldson
donte whitner
david akers
blake constanzo

and we haven't missed a beat. as far as long term depth, like i've said the team has had double digit draft picks the past 2 years and has brought in an influx of young talent to cushion the blow and prepare for vets on the way out. they are building a contender for the present and the future

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Since we will have over 5m to play around with, I would expect some contracts to get restructured so that money is spent this year and saved for the future

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
again, we'll extend some guys and we'll lose some guys. it's really no different than what's happened the past 3 years. we've lost several major contributors and pro bowlers over that time like:

alex smith
delanie walker
josh morgan
mario manningham
randy moss
johnathan goodwin
isaac sopoaga
ricky jean francois
carlos rogers
tarell brown
dashon goldson
donte whitner
david akers
blake constanzo

and we haven't missed a beat. as far as long term depth, like i've said the team has had double digit draft picks the past 2 years and has brought in an influx of young talent to cushion the blow and prepare for vets on the way out. they are building a contender for the present and the future
you should probably take out goodwin, whitner, brown and rogers...at the very least to not jinx it.

also this list is a kind of a contradiction since this means kaep can be rid of as well :troll:

Last edited:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
how do you figure that?

nobody's been able to explain to me how we'll go from perennial contenders to pretenders once kaep gets his new deal yet
we likely won't, but a cap hit like that entails sacrifices at other positions

I guess my biggest worry with Kaep, and hence me rather overpaying him later than now, is that we'll end up committing to potential that will not get realized. hes still a somewhat unknown quantity to me.

we are stacked on offensive weapons this year, and this year should tell a lot about kaep. Id be much more comfortable committing 25m on a near elite qb (while still against my philosophy), than 20m on a qb with a lot of faults.

Daps
you should probably take out goodwin, whitner, brown and rogers...at the very least to not jinx it.

also this list is a kind of a contradiction since this means kaep can be rid of as well :troll:

And that's the thing, he says "We managed through all these contracts/losses"

But we managed because the QB was making about 1-2m.

Now make that QB have 20m and see how well we manage