A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just hope we pay the right people the right amount.

Not everyone can be a casualty to the overpaid QB

eh i wouldn't sweat it too much. up to this point, the FO has done a good job as far as salary cap management. we have way more underpaid guys than overpaid guys

let's just see how everything plays out

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Y'ALL WERE SAYING :sas1:

IS THIS WHAT HEART AND SOUL PLAYERS DO :sas2::sas2:

FROM SI.COM.. for some reason it won't let me post the link, but it's in the NFL section

Vernon Davis is the third-highest paid tight end in the NFL by average annual salary, trailing only New England’s Rob Gronkowski and Jason Witten in Dallas. But Davis is angling for a raise, and that’s the reason behind his absence at the 49ers’ voluntary team workouts, according to a report from CSNBayArea.com.

Davis is one of only two players not participating in the workouts. The other is guard Alex Boone. By not participating, Davis will forfeit his annual $200,000 workout bonus.

FARRAR: What kind of extension does Alex Smith deserve?

Davis signed a five-year extension in 2010 that pays him an average annual salary of $7.35 million. Per spotrac.com, Davis’ deal was front-loaded, and he is scheduled to earn $5.3 million this year in base salary and bonuses (including the $200,000 workout bonus). Next year he would earn a little over $4.98 million in base salary and bonuses.

San Francisco’s mandatory minicamp is June 17-19. Last season, Davis caught 52 passes for 850 yards and 13 TDs, which tied a career high.

:beli: this motherfukker is THE THIRD HIGHEST PAID TE IN THE LEAGUE.... and wants MORE money... so who we getting rid of to pay him out the ass??

:what: 52 passes last year and we gonna pay him #1 TE money or WR money??

get this nikka the fukk outta here:camby:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

FROM SI.COM.. for some reason it won't let me post the link, but it's in the NFL section

:beli: this motherfukker is THE THIRD HIGHEST PAID TE IN THE LEAGUE.... and wants MORE money... so who we getting rid of to pay him out the ass??

@LastEmperor2k2 gonna come in and be like

" u aren't a real fan, we should pay the players whatever they want because they are leaders and the heart and soul of the team"

:mjlol:

He probably want crab to get 15m a yr

Kaep 25m

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

So you gonna act like he didn't lead the team in TD's with 13? You also gonna act like he wasn't 2nd on the team in receiving yards? I love how you quote the passes but none of the other stats. You and your selective stats can :camby:

Also, you're assuming he wants #1 TE or WR money. Nowhere in any article does it state that. I think it's pretty obvious that he wants years more so than money. He'll get a contract based on what he's done, and it'll pay him well, but nobody is under the impression that he wants top TE money....nobody except you :aicmon:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Saying VD played scared, shows me how corny of dude this venem character is in the first place.

Seattle is a team that is perfectly fitted to nuetralize Davis, that's not him being scared, that's them being great.

This is the one annoying thing about getting to be good, you get all these dudes coming out from under rocks talking about your team like they know it and been down for years.
nikka get the fukk outta here.. i been riding with the niners since before you were alive

99% of the nfl experts were talking about VD playing scared.. i think i'll take their word, and my own eyes, over you talking nonsensical bullshyt on the coli

nikka got the shyt rocked out of him and was scared to run over the middle after that. how many times he got rocked and was out for the game last year.. how many times he caught a ball and got rocked and dropped it?

he already top 3 paid TE in the game.. but now he want more money.. fukk y'all think we getting all this imaginary money from??

2013 San Francisco 49ers 3 3 5 54 10.8 28 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
2012 San Francisco 49ers 3 3 12 254 21.2 44 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
2011 San Francisco 49ers 2 2 10 292 29.2 73 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Total 8 8 27 600 22.2 73 7 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

these are his playoff stats... last year... 5 motherfukking receptions.. 10.. and 12... mind you that's nfc championship twice and superbowl

lets stop acting like he had some mind blowing numbers out here

i NEVER said he wasn't great.. i never said we shouldn't keep him.. i never said he was some bum, or trade him for pennies, or he wasn't doing his thing

what I SAID was... we don't have money to pay him top TE money.. we definitely don't have money to pay him top WR money.. we should try and trade him for jimmy graham.. you know... another top TE in this league... and that VD fukking gets blasted and half asses it after that. now if he never gets hit like that, then hey... he's one of the best.. but if we gonna pay him top TE money.. i don't want to hear that shyt

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
So you gonna act like he didn't lead the team in TD's with 13? You also gonna act like he wasn't 2nd on the team in receiving yards? I love how you quote the passes but none of the other stats. You and your selective stats can :camby:

Also, you're assuming he wants #1 TE or WR money. Nowhere in any article does it state that. I think it's pretty obvious that he wants years more so than money. He'll get a contract based on what he's done, and it'll pay him well, but nobody is under the impression that he wants top TE money....nobody except you :aicmon:
Dude just lost 200k like nothing, I'm sure he is going for more money

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

NO I'M ACTING LIKE WE AIN'T GOT THE MONEY FOR THIS nikka

my god... why is this so hard to understand for y'all..

this ain't baseball fam.. we don't have the yankees with 80 billion dollars to pay every nikka we want

Kaep is out here asking for 20 milliion motherfukking dollars homie!!! gore wants some money.. we got like 8 receivers on the squad... crab gonna want some paper.. we got a defense full of players that coming up on contracts... the whole damn front line is coming up on contracts

find a post where i EVER had a problem with VD before he came out with this nonsense... he's the #3 paid TE in the league right now... how much more do you think he gonna ask for??? and who we cutting to keep him???

i'll wait

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
nikka get the fukk outta here.. i been riding with the niners since before you were alive

99% of the nfl experts were talking about VD playing scared.. i think i'll take their word, and my own eyes, over you talking nonsensical bullshyt on the coli

nikka got the shyt rocked out of him and was scared to run over the middle after that. how many times he got rocked and was out for the game last year.. how many times he caught a ball and got rocked and dropped it?

he already top 3 paid TE in the game.. but now he want more money.. fukk y'all think we getting all this imaginary money from??

2013 San Francisco 49ers 3 3 5 54 10.8 28 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
2012 San Francisco 49ers 3 3 12 254 21.2 44 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
2011 San Francisco 49ers 2 2 10 292 29.2 73 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Total 8 8 27 600 22.2 73 7 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

these are his playoff stats... last year... 5 motherfukking receptions.. 10.. and 12... mind you that's nfc championship twice and superbowl

lets stop acting like he had some mind blowing numbers out here

i NEVER said he wasn't great.. i never said we shouldn't keep him.. i never said he was some bum, or trade him for pennies, or he wasn't doing his thing

what I SAID was... we don't have money to pay him top TE money.. we definitely don't have money to pay him top WR money.. we should try and trade him for jimmy graham.. you know... another top TE in this league... and that VD fukking gets blasted and half asses it after that. now if he never gets hit like that, then hey... he's one of the best.. but if we gonna pay him top TE money.. i don't want to hear that shyt
But but bu...

Heart and soul

:dunkface:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
shut up nikka

Vernon Davis OTA absence due to contract dissatisfaction, per Maiocco - Niners Nation

niners knew about this since feb... did nothing... you think if all they'd have to do is sign him to the exact same numbers.. but add 5 years to it, they wouldn't do it??? it wouldn't even effect the cap if that was the case cause they'd just pay him the same money... do the math fam

where we getting this money???
The 49ers are just $1.73 million under the NFL’s salary cap, according to the NFL Players Association. The 49ers will gain another $6.6 million in cap space next week when released veteran cornerback Carlos Rogers’ contract is officially removed from the books.

But the 49ers also have a collection of potentially high-priced players who are entering the final years of their contracts, including quarterback Colin Kaepernick, wide receiver Michael Crabtree and guard Mike Iupati. In addition, the 49ers picked up the fifth-year option for outside linebacker Aldon Smith. His scheduled salary will rise to $9.754 million in 2015.

well now he's number 7th as highest paid TE's.. but he don't want no more money at the age of 30 in the NFL
On the other hand, Davis is one of the top paid tight ends in the league in terms of the overall value of his contract. It drops to seventh for 2014 earnings, but part of that is due to Dennis Pitta getting an $11 million bonus this year as part of his deal. It's important to note though that one important difference is that this could be Davis's last opportunity to get a sizable pay raise. He's getting up there in age, and while he seems to be fine from a physical standpoint, age catches up with everybody.

lets not forget this stunt is costing him 200k...

hold out for more years when you have 2 years/7 milly on the table, but lose out on 200k, while not asking for any extra money brehs

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
NO I'M ACTING LIKE WE AIN'T GOT THE MONEY FOR THIS nikka

my god... why is this so hard to understand for y'all..

this ain't baseball fam.. we don't have the yankees with 80 billion dollars to pay every nikka we want

Kaep is out here asking for 20 milliion motherfukking dollars homie!!! gore wants some money.. we got like 8 receivers on the squad... crab gonna want some paper.. we got a defense full of players that coming up on contracts... the whole damn front line is coming up on contracts

find a post where i EVER had a problem with VD before he came out with this nonsense... he's the #3 paid TE in the league right now... how much more do you think he gonna ask for??? and who we cutting to keep him???

i'll wait
We don't have to cut anybody cause he's already on the team.
I don't know why it's so hard to fathom that he wants YEARSand not necessarily money.

Think about what Justin Smith did; He wanted to keep playing, so he signed an extension and that paid him but didn't break the bank for us; he was looking for years and not necessarily money. In my opinion, that's what VD wants...a fair contract that allows him to continue playing.
Also, for what it's worth, this contract issue isn't new. The Niners have known VD wants a new contract since Feb.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
We don't have to cut anybody cause he's already on the team.
I don't know why it's so hard to fathom that he wants YEARSand not necessarily money.

Think about what Justin Smith did; He wanted to keep playing, so he signed an extension and that paid him but didn't break the bank for us; he was looking for years and not necessarily money. In my opinion, that's what VD wants...a fair contract that allows him to continue playing.
Also, for what it's worth, this contract issue isn't new. The Niners have known VD wants a new contract since Feb.
ok let me calm down lol.. i get hype about my niners

IF that's all he wants... then cool... but i don't see how he's this great, all he wants is years, the niners know that, he told them in feb... and still they saying fukk that, and letting this happen... to the heart and soul of the team

i was saying the same thing.. if he wants just years, then it wouldn't even effect the cap, and the niners would sign him back in an instant.. like they did justin smith

so the fact they aren't doing that... then obtain a shytload of WR after knowing about him wanting a contract... and the fact we have to sign all these other players first....

it LOOKS like he ain't just asking for money... and it's LOOKING like they are leaning towards saying fukk that

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
shut up nikka

Vernon Davis OTA absence due to contract dissatisfaction, per Maiocco - Niners Nation

niners knew about this since feb... did nothing... you think if all they'd have to do is sign him to the exact same numbers.. but add 5 years to it, they wouldn't do it??? it wouldn't even effect the cap if that was the case cause they'd just pay him the same money... do the math fam

where we getting this money???

well now he's number 7th as highest paid TE's.. but he don't want no more money at the age of 30 in the NFL

lets not forget this stunt is costing him 200k...

hold out for more years when you have 2 years/7 milly on the table, but lose out on 200k, while not asking for any extra money brehs

:sas1:
So you just gonna ignore this part of the paragraph?
It's important to note though that one important difference is that this could be Davis's last opportunity to get a sizable pay raise. He's getting up there in age, and while he seems to be fine from a physical standpoint, age catches up with everybody. Boone is 27, Davis is 30. That difference is pretty huge given the nature of the NFL. Davis might not want a significant boost in pay, but rather more guarantees given his advancing age.

:sas2: