A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Y`all fake ass 49ers fans can hit the road when you start talking about get rid of Vernon.

fukking heart and soul of this damn team.

It's real obvious whose been around for the long haul when I see posts like this.
eh you should chill with the accusations

it all depends on how much VD wants. personally, I dont think he is selfish enough to demand boatload of money.

I dont really care about heart of soul of the team either, everyone has their price and Id be a hypocrite if I was ok with some players getting paid and not ok with others getting paid same amount due to their being 'heart and soul'. if VD wants like 12+m.....:manny: he can hit the road

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Y`all fake ass 49ers fans can hit the road when you start talking about get rid of Vernon.

It's real obvious whose been around for the long haul when I see posts like this.

hold up. some of y'all want VD to :camby: now?

y'all don't want nobody to get paid lol :laugh:

yall some fukking fools he making top 5 te money right now

if u havent noticed we dont have shyt for money to spend

sound like some fukking p*ssy ass babies

"o we should pay him cause he asked for more"

fukk outta here with that bulshyt

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
hold up. some of y'all want VD to :camby: now?

y'all don't want nobody to get paid lol :laugh:
people still acting like its personal is weird to me.
you do understand...that we cant pay everyone, right ?

we arent some scrooges vicariously living through the owners wallets, not wanting NFL players to get theirs

but in the end its a business. if VD wants to get paid much more, I understand it completely. just like I understand kaep wanting to get paid 20+ m. doesnt mean we want the org to pay them that.

Daps
yall some fukking fools he making top 5 te money right now

if u havent noticed we dont have shyt for money to spend

sound like some fukking p*ssy ass babies

"o we should pay him cause he asked for more"

fukk outta here with that bulshyt

Davis is the heart and soul of this team. And we don't know if he is asking for more dough, there is no indication of that, maybe he is just working out on his own.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Davis is the heart and soul of this team. And we don't know if he is asking for more dough, there is no indication of that, maybe he is just working out on his own.
I realize this

and the heart and soul can make due with 7m a yr

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Davis is the heart and soul of this team.
and ?
what does that mean ?
that you think he should be paid whatever he wants ? you dont think he has a price ? you think heart and soul of the team should be given a blank check de facto ?
Gore is a bigger heart and soul of this team but you agree he should restructure. so you're being inconsistent.

I agree with the other part of your post btw, we dont know for sure, so its all speculation

but I dont understand people being all defensive on some 'pay him whatever he wants because...' shyt.

there arent untouchable players in football.

Daps
and ?
what does that mean ?
that you think he should be paid whatever he wants ? you dont think he has a price ? you think heart and soul of the team should be given a blank check de facto ?
Gore is a bigger heart and soul of this team but you agree he should restructure. so you're being inconsistent.

I agree with the other part of your post btw, we dont know for sure, so its all speculation

but I dont understand people being all defensive on some 'pay him whatever he wants because...' shyt.

there arent untouchable players in football.

No it's not a blank check, but the quickness people are assuming it's him holding out over money and looking to get rid of him makes me sick.

And as far as Gore goes, he's fukking 31 and on life support as a player.

Completely different story.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
No it's not a blank check, but the quickness people are assuming it's him holding out over money and looking to get rid of him makes me sick.
man you guys are acting out of emotion and personal attachment

its a simple conditional flowchart, really

if player x wants z money where z > his value to the team, then he can be let go.

theres nothing more to that. if VD doesnt want more money, then no one cares anymore about this, simple as that. no one is looking to get rid of him if he doesnt in fact want a much bigger contract.

and notice theres no place for heart and soul of the team in that equation.
if willis suddenly wanted 20 milly, Id say the same thing about him.

Daps
man you guys are acting out of emotion and personal attachment

its a simple conditional flowchart, really

if player x wants z money where z > his value to the team, then he can be let go.

theres nothing more to that. if VD doesnt want more money, then no one cares anymore about this, simple as that. no one is looking to get rid of him if he doesnt in fact want a much bigger contract.

and notice theres no place for heart and soul of the team in that equation.
if willis suddenly wanted 20 milly, Id say the same thing about him.

Agreed, but why again are we talking about a fairy tale of VD and money demands.

And if Vernon did want more than his 7m, i`d entertain the idea of him getting that. Not to crazy amount, but you can't replace leaders like him

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Agreed, but why again are we talking about a fairy tale of VD and money demands.

And if Vernon did want more than his 7m, i`d entertain the idea of him getting that. Not to crazy amount, but you can't replace leaders like him
fair enough, I wont talk about this more until we hear details

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

been with the niners since the 80s.. 55-10 was actually the first football game i can actually remember watching and i never switched since then

yea vernon been doing it.. but you can't pay players on what they BEEN doing.. if we told jerry to kick rocks, i'll be damned if i'm :cape: for vernon

last two years in the playoffs he played scared and did nothing... we gotta face seattle 2 times and with the playoffs, most likely 3 times.. i don't ever want to see that shyt again

he's soft.. and the nfl has noticed.. hit the fukk out of him and he drops balls, goes out the game, or generally stops playing hard for the rest of the game..
:camby: with that