A King Asks For Seconds & A Chef Obliges: Official Warriors vs. Cavs 2016 NBA FINALS Thread

Who You Got

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I see at as more of a slight to the champions. To me a title and FMVP go hand in hand. The FMVP is the most important/best player on the team that wins the title. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that.
Any my thing with giving it to a player on the losing team is the focus on numbers. Like last year Lebron was putting up huge numbers but on a low shooting percentage with too many turnovers to a point I thought he was hurting the team dominating the ball the way he was. So giving it to a player on the losing team because of big numbers always had me wondering if their numbers took a dip would that have helped their team have a better chance of winning. But this year if Golden State wins I'd legit have no problem with Lebron winning the award since no one on Golden State has consistently stood out and it's been more of a team effort, while Lebron four 3-4 games has been dominant.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any my thing with giving it to a player on the losing team is the focus on numbers. Like last year Lebron was putting up huge numbers but on a low shooting percentage with too many turnovers to a point I thought he was hurting the team dominating the ball the way he was. So giving it to a player on the losing team because of big numbers always had me wondering if their numbers took a dip would that have helped their team have a better chance of winning. But this year if Golden State wins I'd legit have no problem with Lebron winning the award since no one on Golden State has consistently stood out and it's been more of a team effort, while Lebron four 3-4 games has been dominant.
I never understood this argument. How valuable are you if you lost? He also wasn't dominant until one of his primary matchups and the primary rim protector were not playing. The reporters love Lebron that much though that they will give it to him to salvage whatever his legacy will be at that point.

Daps
To be honest they should just do away with the FMVP altogether and have a Playoffs MVP instead (as many have mentioned before). It makes the most sense.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
To be honest they should just do away with the FMVP altogether and have a Playoffs MVP instead (as many have mentioned before). It makes the most sense.

That way it would be clearly Lebron or clearly Klay. Not a bad idea.

I think this situation is unique to these two teams because Lebron has to do so much for the Cavs to win he's the standout overall, and the Warriors are better collectively so its not as cut and dry who should win it.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yeah that makes way more sense and would paint a much fuller picture of who drove a player to a championship. Basing it off of one series is too small of a sample size and could simply be based off a team favoring one player based off of a favorable matchup. 100% behind that idea.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Could you as a warriors fan please explain to me while verajo is playing more than elzii? Speights defense is atrocious and he can only hit open threes so I know why he's not playing

Its amazing what one series can do. Against the raptors, triston thompson basically gave fukkin bismack biyombo a brand new deal and now tristan is looking like an all pro against the warriors. W-L the warriors have to let barnes & speights walk.

I cant go against the warriors in a game 7. It seemed after the game klay, steph & kerr were saying because they're home they will win.
Varejao plays with brains and heart. Can't say the same for Ezeli right now.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
@Gil Scott-Heroin @jaguar paw

Did yall check the updated series stats? These teams are a mirror image right now -

EFG
Warriors - .518
Cavs - .515

Both teams are exactly -
110.2 ORTG
101.7 points per game

I don't think I've ever seen that before in a 6 game stretch, especially since there have been blowouts.

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
qs115s.jpg

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Could you as a warriors fan please explain to me while verajo is playing more than elzii? Speights defense is atrocious and he can only hit open threes so I know why he's not playing

Its amazing what one series can do. Against the raptors, triston thompson basically gave fukkin bismack biyombo a brand new deal and now tristan is looking like an all pro against the warriors. W-L the warriors have to let barnes & speights walk.

I cant go against the warriors in a game 7. It seemed after the game klay, steph & kerr were saying because they're home they will win.
Ezeli has been horrible this series and been abused by the Cavs. Offensively he has given next to nothing. Defensively he keeps getting lost in the pick and roll. He's gone too high on his contain on the ball handler and has been blown by numerous times and other times has just been late on his rotations leading to Cavs getting easy scores. Not sure who or why he dropped off so heavy from the way he started the season when he was making Bogut look totally expendable.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That way it would be clearly Lebron or clearly Klay. Not a bad idea.

I think this situation is unique to these two teams because Lebron has to do so much for the Cavs to win he's the standout overall, and the Warriors are better collectively so its not as cut and dry who should win it.
That's highly debatable right now. Curry's the only player who's consistently played fairly well all series for them. Klay's been ghost most of the series besides game five; Draymond's been in and out; none of the bigs are playing well; Barnes and Ezeli look terrified. Kyrie's been great the last four games for Cleveland.