A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y’all still wanna gut the young core for AD, and hope Lebron never gets old or injured?? This team would be worse than the Pelicans really quick if AD or Bron gets hurt. @Rhakim @GreatestLaker @Regular_P @Teko
I haven't been making that argument. I've only argued that the Lakers COULD compete for a title with that trade. I haven't said whether or not it's better than staying pat. The biggest issue is that if the young guns perform then y'all won't want to trade them, and if they don't perform then no one will want to trade for them. You have to give up an asset to get an asset, no one else expects to get gifted Pau Gasol-level trade deals.

But I can remember just a month in the past..

I'll drive Ingram/Hart/Kuzma to New Orleans myself if AD is available

Dapped by 5 LWO.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I haven't been making that argument. I've only argued that the Lakers COULD compete for a title with that trade. I haven't said whether or not it's better than staying pat. The biggest issue is that if the young guns perform then y'all won't want to trade them, and if they don't perform then no one will want to trade for them. You have to give up an asset to get an asset, no one else expects to get gifted Pau Gasol-level trade deals.

But I can remember just a month in the past..

Dapped by 5 LWO.

Why you out here bringing up old stuff :beli:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This post confirms what was being said during the game about his isos killing the offense.

Disgusting. Kuzma is allowed to iso imo he’s shown much more competence on offense. Ingram barely be scoring by the skin of his teeth so ISO’s are the last thing he needs to consider.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Y’all still wanna gut the young core for AD, and hope Lebron never gets old or injured?? This team would be worse than the Pelicans really quick if AD or Bron gets hurt. @Rhakim @GreatestLaker @Regular_P @Teko
Let's not get gassed off one game against a team that plays the same kind of style as the Lakers. I would still trade three of them for Brow in a heartbeat. If they start showing consistency (besides Kuzma), I'll consider changing my mind.

If they get waxed by the Clippers tonight, there will be plenty of calls for trades in this thread in 14 hours.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Disgusting. Kuzma is allowed to iso imo he’s shown much more competence on offense. Ingram barely be scoring by the skin of his teeth so ISO’s are the last thing he needs to consider.
It's the same shyt some of us was complaining about Lebron doing but at least when Lebron does it a lot of times it leads to a score. Ingram be stopping the offense dead in its tracks and not even capitalizing on it when he does it. Ingram did come out after the game saying the ball was sticking to him too much and it's something he needs to improve on.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
They need to run the offense through Ingram while Bron is injured, inflate his value and then trade him.

The future of this team is Ball and Kuzma and whatever they can get for Ingram.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Let's not get gassed off one game against a team that plays the same kind of style as the Lakers. I would still trade three of them for Brow in a heartbeat. If they start showing consistency (besides Kuzma), I'll consider changing my mind.

If they get waxed by the Clippers tonight, there will be plenty of calls for trades in this thread in 14 hours.

I’m basing this more on how thin the team would be if they traded everybody and how it could look now and in the future if AD or Lebron gets hurt.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Makes you wonder how different things would’ve been had Kobe actually gotten surgery and repaired those finger injuries on his shooting hand.

It's the same shyt some of us was complaining about Lebron doing but at least when Lebron does it a lot of times it leads to a score. Ingram be stopping the offense dead in its tracks and not even capitalizing on it when he does it. Ingram did come out after the game saying the ball was sticking to him too much and it's something he needs to improve on.

Exactly. Spot on.

In hindsight, his offseason program was pretty stupid if he was so keen on isos. Rather than focusing on scoring he tried to develop a little of everything to where he’s average on all fronts offensively.

Lonzo going down led to this though, so we gotta think that with him around we don’t have such terrible offensive basketball.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I’m basing this more on how thin the team would be if they traded everybody and how it could look now and in the future if AD or Lebron gets hurt.
They're already down three other rotation players right now. Any team in the league would be thin at this point.