A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I agree

I think... man.... as long as there are no injuries and no shake ups via trades. We can get to the 2nd round... but I'd feel more comfortable if we can secure atleast that 4th seed.

Like its crazy if the playoffs starting today we playing GS in the 1st round.

GS gonna get better but sooner or later this year.... the Clippers gotta go Clippers and start shytting the bed and get out that top 4.

I prefer and feel more comfortable not playing GS or OKC in the 1st round.:lupe:

Martha
If we can avoid the Warriors side of the bracket we might be able to fukk around and get to the WCF. There’s only one true dominant team in the West this year

camer999

All Star
Daps
I agree

I think... man.... as long as there are no injuries and no shake ups via trades. We can get to the 2nd round... but I'd feel more comfortable if we can secure atleast that 4th seed.

Like its crazy if the playoffs starting today we playing GS in the 1st round.

GS gonna get better but sooner or later this year.... the Clippers gotta go Clippers and start shytting the bed and get out that top 4.

I prefer and feel more comfortable not playing GS or OKC in the 1st round.:lupe:

Martha
Honestly, I was thinking 54 wins and WCF sans warriors. However if this squad keeps improving and we are a top 5 defensive team and if the cracks in the warriors armor is real (iggy/Livingston aging, boogie probably not being boogie for a while, and a slight draymond decline). I could see us having a 20% shot at beating them (provided the young guns play like themselves). Call me a Bron homer but what I saw him do with what’s left of the Cavs was incredible, nearly beating them game 1 (and so many things having to go wrong). This squad is a massive upgrade, makes it feel possible.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lebron stans, many of whom laughed and celebrated the lakers fall/Kobe’s final years when his body broke down. suddenly trying to be the voice of reason.....:pachaha:if this nikka joined any of team would you nikkas be here in this thread? No. Don’t tell OG laker fans shyt when many of y’all just band wagoners. Even after Kobe retired many of the Kobe stans still repped the LWO and supported when shyt looked grime before bron joined.

Meanwhile, you dikk riding ass nikkas follow this nikka from one team to another.:upsetfavre:Cleveland, to Miami, back to Cleveland, to LA. If this nikka joined the WNBA, y’all would be LA sparks fans too:leostare:

We love the lakers, even after Kobe left. Scclit, can’t stop, 2quik, OTIS and others were here through the good and bad

If Lebron retired tommorow, most of you nikkas wouldn’t be in here nomore. Band wagoners trying to talk down on OG fans :bryan:where they do that at?

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If we can avoid the Warriors side of the bracket we might be able to fukk around and get to the WCF. There’s only one true dominant team in the West this year

I actually agree.... Like I'm not scared of this team.... but at the same time...... I dont wanna see them too early cuz it is what it is... they are a high powered team.

Strangely, I feel less afraid of OKC and Denver and Clippers..... I just dont believe in them. AT ALL.

Honestly, I was thinking 54 wins and WCF sans warriors. However if this squad keeps improving and we are a top 5 defensive team and if the cracks in the warriors armor is real (iggy/Livingston aging, boogie probably not being boogie for a while, and a slight draymond decline). I could see us having a 20% shot at beating them (provided the young guns play like themselves). Call me a Bron homer but what I saw him do with what’s left of the Cavs was incredible, nearly beating them game 1 (and so many things having to go wrong). This squad is a massive upgrade, makes it feel possible.

The main thing that scares me is just what kinda of other trades that may happen that may change the scale of things. Thats too much of an unknown factor. Like if Boogie comes back and looks good and makes Green look pedestrian and he causes another issue.

Does another top West team make a deal to get him and send something back to GS were both teams improve enough to tip the scales more in their respective favors?

Unknown injuries and trades make are generally the only things that make me nervous this year

Martha

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
"I've said it before. He's the best ever to put on a uniform. When it's happening, sometimes it's amazing. People should stop criticizing, shut up and enjoy his greatness."

- Josh Hart

Just listen to the young breh. :wow:

That's not true at all. They regularly go on runs when he's on the bench and he's even lost them games. shyt, Lance put away the nuggets.
That's not literally true, ya'all make up the most revisionist histories. Lane went on a little run with 5 minutes left in that game and the Lakers were still behind at 4:33 when he scored his final points. LeBron is the one who made the bucket with 3:30 left that put the Lakers ahead for good as well as the bucket with 39 seconds left that put the Nuggets away.

But ask certain people afterwards and they'll somehow insist that Lance's 12-4-4 on 5-11 shooting (+6) won the game rather than LeBron's 28-11-11 on 10-17 (+13). They just want so bad to give the credit to anyone other than LeBron.

Not to mention that we're bringing up a game from 7 weeks ago in order to try to find something to shyt on LeBron for. :deadrose:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
"I've said it before. He's the best ever to put on a uniform. When it's happening, sometimes it's amazing. People should stop criticizing, shut up and enjoy his greatness."

- Josh Hart

Just listen to the young breh. :wow:

That's not literally true, ya'all make up the most revisionist histories. Lane went on a little run with 5 minutes left in that game and the Lakers were still behind at 4:33 when he scored his final points. LeBron is the one who made the bucket with 3:30 left that put the Lakers ahead for good as well as the bucket with 39 seconds left that put the Nuggets away.

But ask certain people afterwards and they'll somehow insist that Lance's 12-4-4 on 5-11 shooting (+6) won the game rather than LeBron's 28-11-11 on 10-17 (+13). They just want so bad to give the credit to anyone other than LeBron.

Not to mention that we're bringing up a game from 7 weeks ago in order to try to find something to shyt on LeBron for. :deadrose:
:hhh: Don't quote me with the dikk riding, breh. :camby:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
You’re a lying ass bytch. That’s why I didn’t even bother quoting your fakkit ass.

^^^Thats a hating ass post. Not only is saying “This is one of those games that lebron is fukking up the flow” bytchmade and passive aggressive, it’s completely nonsensical. You’re clearly saying that lebron has a tendency to hurt the team’s flow and hold other players back.

I did call you cocksuckers just for making criticisms, I called y’all out for being petty bytchmade irrational haters.
And once again acting like a female trying to elevate a discussion into some whole other shyt because you know you can't get hands laid on you. Coming in calling names and getting all out of hand over one man. Save all that tough talk and name calling that I can tell by your tendencies you wouldn't do in real life and discuss the issue at hand.

At that moment, the offense was in a great flow and Lebron came down a couple possessions in a row while the team was moving and you can tell he broke the play. Everybody ran to their spots on the floor and stopped moving because the play was broken. That fukks up rhythm. These younger players need that rhythm and to feel comfortable in an offense so why not keep it going when it's working?

Explain what is wrong with that thinking? I give Lebron credit for when he's running the offense and setting up others and pointed out when he's going out of his way to instill confidence in others. I comment on what I see on the court with no bias of who the player is. Here's examples of how I think Lebron should be playing and the best hopes for Lakers going forward. But you stans only see the negative shyt and act like people are trying to hate on Lebron instead of commenting on what we're actually watching during the games.

And the funniest thing is Magic coming out saying exactly what actual fans of the team been saying about not having Lebron do everything to avoid it becoming the Cavs all over again.

This is the Lebron I want to see. He's actually forcing the defense to focus their attention on him which is creating openings for the other Lakers to cut or to come open on the perimeter.

Like I said last night in the game thread I LOVED that Lebron was making a concerted effort to try and set up Lonzo and get him going. Lonzo wasn't capitalizing but that was true leadership by Lebron to me. I'm wondering if Lebron is seeing just how much talent he has around him that just needs to be cultivated. He finally is surrounded by a bunch of potential two way players that are just raw as fukk right now. I really can't remember him having this many players around him that can contribute on both ends. I think Lonzo, Hart, Ingram, Mcgee, and possibly Chandler, KCP, Lance, and Rondo can all provide something on both ends.

The team really seems to be giving a lot more effort on defense and taking offenses out of their comfort zone more often. Even last night it seemed that they made an adjustment to have the centers step up more instead of hanging back after Portland was killing them on the pick and roll early.

I like that Lebron didn't just lose faith in em and kept creating shots for them. I think that's big going forward.