A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Lol this the most airballs I ever seen in my life. No one doubts him defensively but he needs to do something on offense besides make the right pass. It’s bad enough he reminds me of drake, he doesn’t need to play as soft as his music too.
Yeah that airball on a midrange floater was fukking ridiculous.

That’s Shaqtin-a-fool worthy

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lol this the most airballs I ever seen in my life. No one doubts him defensively but he needs to do something on offense besides make the right pass. It’s bad enough he reminds me of drake, he doesn’t need to play as soft as his music too.

That’s the thing. Zo CAN’T do anything offensively (scoring wise) besides spot up. Anything else results in an airball or a terrible brick. He has no NBA level scoring skills at all. Y’all have to be honest. Anything he tries out there is experimental. And this just isn’t the environment for a young player to experiment. That’s why he isn’t “aggressive”. We are trying to win games and can only afford him throwing up a limited amount of his prayers. I really don’t know what to do with him.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Zos lack of aggressiveness on offense is concerning. Too many times he doesn’t even look at the rim once he gets the ball, playing hot potato wit the quick pass. When he’s on the pick and roll set, there’s a clear open lane where he can just accelerate to a lay up or dunk but chooses to dump it off to the roll man ...every ..single ..time.

If it’s not an open spot up three or step back three he’s not taking a shots. I wish somebody on the coaching staff can get him in the film room and tell him to shoot the fukking ball. :stopitslime:

Love his defense doe :ehh:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Zos lack of aggressiveness on offense is concerning. Too many times he doesn’t even look at the rim once he gets the ball, playing hot potato wit the quick pass. When he’s on the pick and roll set, there’s a clear open lane where he can just accelerate to a lay up or dunk but chooses to dump it off to the roll man ...every ..single ..time.

If it’s not an open spot up three or step back three he’s not taking a shots. I wish somebody on the coaching staff can get him in the film room and tell him to shoot the fukking ball. :stopitslime:

Love his defense doe :ehh:
That's by far my biggest frustration with him. He plays hot potato with the ball. I've seen multiple times where it looks like a pick and roll is playing out for an easy lob to Javele or Chandler but we don't find out because as soon as he comes around a pick Lonzo is kicking the ball away to someone else instead of forcing the defense's hand. His ability read defenses and generate plays off of it worries me. Then again lots of point guards look like shyt in their first few years so it'd be crazy as hell to give up on him. The Lebron signing sped up the timetable on wanting these guys to develop when in reality they're probably another year or two from being true contributors and seeing their potentials.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That's by far my biggest frustration with him. He plays hot potato with the ball. I've seen multiple times where it looks like a pick and roll is playing out for an easy lob to Javele or Chandler but we don't find out because as soon as he comes around a pick Lonzo is kicking the ball away to someone else instead of forcing the defense's hand. His ability read defenses and generate plays off of it worries me. Then again lots of point guards look like shyt in their first few years so it'd be crazy as hell to give up on him. The Lebron signing sped up the timetable on wanting these guys to develop when in reality they're probably another year or two from being true contributors and seeing their potentials.

I agree with you 100%.

Wit that said — I’d do Lonzo KCP For Beal trade. :ehh:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I understand not trading Ingram and give him more time..

But the way Lonzo has played ..he can go for Beal. Lakers need a legit 2nd scoring option.

You have it backwards Ball has way more upside. If he can get to league average offensively he’s a net positive.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Nah, I’d rather not sacrifice the max money yet. That’s just me tho.
Yeah not something I'd be down for this year. Want to see how this summer's free agency plays out first. And would like to see one more offseason with all these guys to see if they can come back stronger or improved before moving anybody.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You have it backwards Ball has way more upside. If he can get to league average offensively he’s a net positive.

IF — Lonzo won’t even look at the rim to shoot nor does he want any contact around the rim. He looks hopeless on offense.

I’d understand if the lakers didn’t have LeBron and can live with taking the time to develop but the lakers have a 3 year window to do something..:yeshrug:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeah not something I'd be down for this year. Want to see how this summer's free agency plays out first. And would like to see one more offseason with all these guys to see if they can come back stronger or improved before moving anybody.

Exactly, it’s not as if these improvements are impossible for the young guys to make too. Even with the surgery Zo managed to come back stronger, Ingram is improving defensively, but Bron’s arrival will help us find out if the kids are bout it or if we gotta consider trading them.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I hear you......BUT.....(rant incoming) :heh:

Its really time for him to hold his own nuts. He has (or at least had) the support of Magic and the rest of the brass. He has a big supporter in LeBron. He has been given an extraordinary amount of support from a fan base that usually has really high demands of its players. See the way they talk about Kuzma, Luke, Bron, KCP etc.. The fans pretty much held his hand all last year because of the pressure his dad added to him. Dad has been quiet as a mouse this year (at least compared to last year). Rondo is out for 5 weeks. This team can really shoot up the standings in the west but he has to grab hold of his career and get assertive on the offensive end. He is a special defender, but the Lakers didn't draft him to be Andre Roberson. No way he shouldn't have the starting spot locked up by the time Rondo returns. Even if you miss your free throws, at least get the opposing guard in foul trouble, he's 6'7" for God's sake. He has a 3 or 4 inch height advantage almost every night. He could post point guards and shoot little 8 foot jump hooks all night long like Shaun Livingston

416 minutes played and 13 free throws for a young point guard :mindblown: He should have 13 free throws in 2-3 games with the pace they play at. Add that to the delays with having surgery and you have to wonder if his heart is really in it, or is he just a really good player doing what his dad wants him to do.

That's what be killing me about Zo, bruh should be killing these small gaurds in the post. Same for Ingram. They usually always have a nice height advantage. Magic should make them take a class with Kobe and let them get hit by elbows all day in the post