A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Zo really needs to stay healthy all season....and then really work on his game in the summer.
Even if he's an elite denfender, he's gonna always lose his matchup with these sub 10 point games. He throws his great defense away by not scoring.

He could hold Dame or Step to 18 points and still lose his matchup by 10 points :mindblown:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don’t know but Zo played great especially offensively when Rondo was suspended, then he disappeared, really hope we see some of that again

Yes but it felt like he was trynna prove himself to regain his starting spot back

But once he got it back.... it’s like he got content.

I don’t know what it is about him but he’s gotta he’s gotta find a sense of pride and step up offensively.

Like I believe he can do it..... he just gotta believe it himself

Martha

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The problem is Ball shouldn't have to be coddled into being a better scorer. This is a team that is competing for a deep playoff run (any team with a prime Bron is). Bruh, you gotta play. There is no time to be in your feelings. LeBron is a sort of passive aggressive guy so he won't be direct with guys most of the time. But he needs to go into his inner Kobe/MJ and tell these young guys to fukking play or they will be on the bench.

Kuzma is playing fine most nights (on offense) except his three ball is not falling, imo. Ingram looks like he has picked up no skills for being in the NBA 2 years. His foot work is sloppy and for a guy his size he cant afford to spend time gathering his feet. And he gets blocked at the rim too much for a guy that is 6'10'' in shoes.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
These Lakers are in the weirdest spot in the weirdest season right now. On one hand they're right in the thick of things without even playing well, which you would think makes them contenders. On the other hand, you break down their lineup and it don't feel like anyone really playing well enough to be contenders. Don't know what to make of that.

Let's say LeBron keeps balling out and the Lakers pick up a good free agent....you still need at least a good 8-deep to be champions, especially when multiple teams have talent stacked to the ceiling right now. Kuzma and Hart give you offense but give it back on D. Ball gives you defense but gives it back on O. Chandler is helping but gotta age out soon, JaVale isn't really the guy you want to hang championship aspirations on, KCP never consistent and if he does get good enough to contribute then he'll wanna get paid again and Lakers can't afford that, Lance is probably only good as a bench option. Playoff Rondo might be a borderline starting option (TBD) but you might not be able to afford him either...

And yet they sitting there right in the thick of things.

If Ingram's game would develop like it should, if Ball just hit threes well, if Hart or Kuzma could figure it out on offense, they could all be championship contributors....

Bonga gonna take Zo’s spot in a year or 2. I’m dead ass.
That would be an incredible pickup. He still looks raw, but you get the feeling he might make Giannis-like progress (not to Giannis level, but you know what I mean).

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Zo can't get 15-16 a night when he takes the 7th or 8th most shots on the team. And their lies the problem. If he doesn't hit his first few shots he won't get into a shooting rhythm bc there are not enough shots for him to get into one. We signed too many players in the offseason who need the rock. Zo can't even get his normal assist & reb #s bc of LBJ & Rondo. It's sad to watch him be marginalized like this bc he would be a 14-8-8 player if neither of them was on the team.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Zo can't get 15-16 a night when he takes the 7th or 8th most shots on the team. And their lies the problem. If he doesn't hit his first few shots he won't get into a shooting rhythm bc there are not enough shots for him to get into one. We signed too many players in the offseason who need the rock. Zo can't even get his normal assist & reb #s bc of LBJ & Rondo. It's sad to watch him be marginalized like this bc he would be a 14-8-8 player if neither of them was on the team.

No excuses breh. A true #2 overall would figure it out. Zo can’t be coddled no more he needs to get some fukkin heart out there.

Random but I went to the same middle school as Rodney Mcgruder. Crazy to see he made it

Kill, slim from around the way? I remember when I seen Jerome Dyson playing for the Pels. First and only nikka I went to school with that made it.

I know Josh Hart from around here somewhere too I just can’t remember where exactly.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear you......BUT.....(rant incoming) :heh:

Its really time for him to hold his own nuts. He has (or at least had) the support of Magic and the rest of the brass. He has a big supporter in LeBron. He has been given an extraordinary amount of support from a fan base that usually has really high demands of its players. See the way they talk about Kuzma, Luke, Bron, KCP etc.. The fans pretty much held his hand all last year because of the pressure his dad added to him. Dad has been quiet as a mouse this year (at least compared to last year). Rondo is out for 5 weeks. This team can really shoot up the standings in the west but he has to grab hold of his career and get assertive on the offensive end. He is a special defender, but the Lakers didn't draft him to be Andre Roberson. No way he shouldn't have the starting spot locked up by the time Rondo returns. Even if you miss your free throws, at least get the opposing guard in foul trouble, he's 6'7" for God's sake. He has a 3 or 4 inch height advantage almost every night. He could post point guards and shoot little 8 foot jump hooks all night long like Shaun Livingston

416 minutes played and 13 free throws for a young point guard :mindblown: He should have 13 free throws in 2-3 games with the pace they play at. Add that to the delays with having surgery and you have to wonder if his heart is really in it, or is he just a really good player doing what his dad wants him to do.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I hear you......BUT.....(rant incoming) :heh:

Its really time for him to hold his own nuts. He has (or at least had) the support of Magic and the rest of the brass. He has a big supporter in LeBron. He has been given an extraordinary amount of support from a fan base that usually has really high demands of its players. See the way they talk about Kuzma, Luke, Bron, KCP etc.. The fans pretty much held his hand all last year because of the pressure his dad added to him. Dad has been quiet as a mouse this year (at least compared to last year). Rondo is out for 5 weeks. This team can really shoot up the standings in the west but he has to grab hold of his career and get assertive on the offensive end. He is a special defender, but the Lakers didn't draft him to be Andre Roberson. No way he shouldn't have the starting spot locked up by the time Rondo returns. Even if you miss your free throws, at least get the opposing guard in foul trouble, he's 6'7" for God's sake. He has a 3 or 4 inch height advantage almost every night. He could post point guards and shoot little 8 foot jump hooks all night long like Shaun Livingston

416 minutes played and 13 free throws for a young point guard :mindblown: He should have 13 free throws in 2-3 games with the pace they play at. Add that to the delays with having surgery and you have to wonder if his heart is really in it, or is he just a really good player doing what his dad wants him to do.

All facts. Considering what Tatum is becoming, Zo would be smart to step it up soon before Magic starts feeling like a jerk for gettin played by LaVar.

shyt is inexcusable, Ingram lucky Zo playing so bad or else more heat would be on him.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
No excuses breh. A true #2 overall would figure it out. Zo can’t be coddled no more he needs to get some fukkin heart out there.

Kill, slim from around the way? I remember when I seen Jerome Dyson playing for the Pels. First and only nikka I went to school with that made it.

I know Josh Hart from around here somewhere too I just can’t remember where exactly.
Yeah he from PG, I think he moved to Florida for high school