A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The only way this team could match salaries to trade for Beal right now would be if LeBron got KCP to waive his no-trade clause. If they swung that deal, they'd be around $28-30 million under the cap.

Forget Kawhi; that's a pipe dream, imo. Cousins and Kemba are FAs. There's quality rotation players like Mirotic, the Morris twins and Bogdanovic available. :yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The only way this team could match salaries to trade for Beal right now would be if LeBron got KCP to waive his no-trade clause. If they swung that deal, they'd be around $28-30 million under the cap.

Forget Kawhi; that's a pipe dream, imo. Cousins and Kemba are FAs. There's quality rotation players like Mirotic, the Morris twins and Bogdanovic available. :yeshrug:

Middleton >>>>>>>>> any of those guys.

If you had to split the money between two lesser guys instead of getting a max guy, I'm wondering how much the Lakers would value Middleton plus either Eric Bledsoe or Tyreke Evans. Probably be able to keep Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart under those circumstances. The problem being that they still wouldn't have a quality big.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

If you had to split the money between two lesser guys instead of getting a max guy, I'm wondering how much the Lakers would value Middleton plus either Eric Bledsoe or Tyreke Evans. Probably be able to keep Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart under those circumstances. The problem being that they still wouldn't have a quality big.

Who would they give up for Middleton?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Otto Porter got $100 million. Middleton is getting more than him.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If the Pels offered Brow to the Celtics and Tatum had to be included, Ainge should be run out of town if he still considers Tatum untouchable in that scenario.
The difference would likely be Tatum and filler as opposed to an aggregate of assets. So it depends. Ainge is no fool. His team can contend as is and is positioned to contend for 5+ years. He’s not desperate to package 4 guys plus future picks like the Lakers would be willing to.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The difference would likely be Tatum and filler as opposed to an aggregate of assets. So it depends. Ainge is no fool. His team can contend as is and is positioned to contend for 5+ years. He’s not desperate to package 4 guys plus future picks like the Lakers would be willing to.
Tatum and filler is still better than anything LA can offer.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Tatum and filler is still better than anything LA can offer.
Maybe in perceived value. But it’s an interesting exercise when you actually compare Tatum, Brown, etc stats compared to our young core. Tatum isn’t setting the world on fire but he’s more flashy than Ingram. Yet the stats are pretty even just as they were last year.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Maybe in perceived value. But it’s an interesting exercise when you actually compare Tatum, Brown, etc stats compared to our young core. Tatum isn’t setting the world on fire but he’s more flashy than Ingram. Yet the stats are pretty even just as they were last year.
Tatum proved more in the playoffs last season than any of our young guys have in their careers. Even with his slowish start, he's still shooting nearly 40% from three on 4.4 attempts. There is a clear gap between him and Ingram.

camer999

All Star
Daps
We need to be patient. Bron carried trash bags and used pieces of gum to the finals and these guys are MUCH better than that. West or not Bron will be able to carry so I just suggest waiting until the trade deadline and off season for moves. Realistically Bron can't carry past GS this year unless the dysfunction is that bad anyway.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Tatum proved more in the playoffs last season than any of our young guys have in their careers. Even with his slowish start, he's still shooting nearly 40% from three on 4.4 attempts. There is a clear gap between him and Ingram.
We can hope the Pelicans think differently. It’s the NBA, trades for stars rarely go as people think they should.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I can see Magic and company entering in panic mode if the team isn’t better than 500 in a month or two. In recent memory, January is when Bron teams begin to slump so I can see that yielding some changes. I think Beal is exceptionally talented and the right fit next to Bron but he isn’t worth the opportunity cost of missing out on the 2019 free agency.

That said, I think it’s entirely possible the Lakers are looking at guys like Kemba and Middleton after missing out on KD, Kawhi, Klay.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I can see Magic and company entering in panic mode if the team isn’t better than 500 in a month or two. In recent memory, January is when Bron teams begin to slump so I can see that yielding some changes. I think Beal is exceptionally talented and the right fit next to Bron but he isn’t worth the opportunity cost of missing out on the 2019 free agency.

That said, I think it’s entirely possible the Lakers are looking at guys like Kemba and Middleton after missing out on KD, Kawhi, Klay.

As rough as it’s been I think we’ll see the needed improvements at least on a good enough level to hold shyt over for this year.