A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Karume

All Star
Daps
If this is how magic acts I don’t be trust him with young guys.

Lakers are a top 10 offensive team but are horrible defensively and that falls on him. He signed no centers after javale and 0 shooters:stopitslime:
what is the Lakers current 3pt shooting %?

camer999

All Star
Daps

Lakers are a top 10 offensive team but are horrible defensively and that falls on him. He signed no centers after javale and 0 shooters:stopitslime:
I was impressed by one of the mavs back up centers. Wonder if we could get him.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well it's clear that KCP, Rondo, and maybe Beasely all need to go. There is no reason for all 3 of them to be on the team.

I actually like Beasely though so if we keep him as a vet presence then cool. Rondo def needs to go, he was only supposed to play if Zo couldn't carry starter minutes out the gate. KCP needs to go more than Rondo, he is virtually the less smarter/talented Hart.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Yaw think Brian Shaw will ever get another shot at head coaching gig? :francis:fukking Mike Brown.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

2. Cuttin' Kyle Kuzma

Shooting made Kuzma an obvious fit next to LeBron James, but his canny cutting has taken that to another level. Kuzma skulks the baseline when his defender gawks at the ball. That is a handy skill playing with LeBron; the Lakers run a lot of their offense through the elbows, and LeBron attracts eyeballs lording over the action there.

Even better: Kuzma executes those baseline sneaks amid the chaos of semi-transition, and that is where the Lakers live.

Brandon Ingram should too, even if he deserves more run leading second units when LeBron sits. As I wrote before the season, playing James, Kuzma and Ingram together with a center -- JaVale McGee -- shifts the Lakers toward giant lineups.

That might be their best hope for offense-defense balance. The current starting five, with Lonzo Ball rounding it out, is plus-13 in 31 minutes so far. McGee has been, frankly, incredible by his standards over an unthinkable 27 minutes per game. (The Lakers need to be careful, starting yesterday, about running McGee into the ground.)

The Lakers, an awful defensive team overall, have allowed only 98 points per 100 possessions with LeBron and McGee on the floor, a mark that would rank second in the league, per NBA.com.

That starting five shoves Josh Hart, an essential two-way bruiser, into backup duty. Hart might just have to accept that. He is versatile enough to log 25-plus minutes off the bench, especially if the Lakers stop experimenting with silly things like playing Ball and Rajon Rondo extended stretches together.

They might even think about giving run to a super-big lineup featuring no traditional point guard -- something like Hart, Ingram, James, Kuzma and McGee/Johnathan Williams. Hart needs to play more than Rondo, period.

Luke Walton is solving a weird roster puzzle. Kuzma has solved part of it for him.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
he's probably frustrated with our 4th qtr offense being stagnant as fukk. We out here running on all cylinders in the 1st halves but when the game slows up and the score is close we out here looking lost.
Because Bron is disconnected

Even with GS..if KD ain’t on his usual level in the 4th quarter they struggle too. We’ve seen that before

Bron gotta do better too

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

we shoot .3% worse than the Raptors. If we can't shoot, neither can they. Our offense isn't an issue. Also I'm pretty sure Magic thought Wagner was going to be the backup 5 but he got hurt.

It's either that or he thought Zubac was anything more than a walking dumpster