A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And honestly, the BI slander is getting outrageous too. Stephen A had the nerve to say BI should come off the bench this morning. They get so high on "Kuz" because Kuz takes 20+ shots a game and barely know what an assist looks like. Thats all they care about

Our young guys are good and this "team" needs to play the style they played last year. It's the vets that can't get on board (mainly Lebron and Rondo). shyt takes time but Luke needs to figure this out. I gave them 5 games and they actually were turning around by game 5 too.

Then Rondo came back and Luke took 2 steps back with his rotations because of him.

DGodRussell

peace and positivity
Daps
Reppin
Based World
You don't even watch games so how do you know?

D'Angela Russell hasn't improved at all either

Up until THIS game, everyone was on Lonzo dikk on how much better his shot looks, or how aggressive he looked on offense, on how good he looked on defense, etc.

One bad game and nikkas couldn't wait to shyt on him.. Thats cool. He also hasn't had as many reps as anyone of the 2nd year players and reps with the team period.. This is basically his SL and Preseason and Rondo does not help Zo's game at all.

Zo didn't have these "netrg" or other fukkboy stat issues last year, did he? He doesn't have it when Luke doesn't have Rondo playing more minutes, or him playing side by side with Rondo who dribbles around for 14 seconds and freezes him out, does he?

You wanna put your fukking faith In assist padding Rondo who has bounced around to 6 teams in 6 years, basically? Someone who's career numbers are basically Zo's numbers from last year? A nikka that doesn't take open shots but will dribble around to make it look like he's conducting on offense, instead of running the floor and getting the easy transition bucket?

FOH nikka
Smh I've watched every game this season. He's the same passive nikka offensively and had 1 good defensive 2nd half against the Nuggets. Net rating is the point differential for the time a player is on the court. He didn't have the issues last year because when he was off the court Tyler Ennis was playing in his place. Now that he has a legitimate point guard playing those minutes the difference is obvious. Funny how last season all nikkas talked about was "yeah, Lonzo's shooting like shyt... but look at his +/- :gladbron:" but now that Lonzo's in the negative all that point differential shyt is irrelevant huh. Yall going to have to stop making excuses for the nikka eventually. He's garbage. Trash. Defenses have absolutely 0 respect for this nikka. He's getting the same wide ass open shots as he did last year and air balling them shyts just the same. Clanking easy ass layups this year just the same. Playing hot potato with the rock and aimlessly standing at the 3 pt lane just the same. nikka had a little hot streak of like 4 games last season where he hit his wide open 3s at a decent percentage... then went right back to popping nikkas in the stands with the ball or bouncing them shyts off the side of the backboard. Low and behold, the nikka shoots 40% for a few games this season then goes right back to batting .000. There's a reason Rondo averages more mins than that nikka and was forced to play 18 straight minutes last night. It's because Lonzo is, has, and probably always will be complete ass. Even Magic knows it, tried to trade him in the offseason for a late 1st rd draft pick, made the nikka panic and leak his injury history. nikkas had the audacity to try to compare Lonzo to Jason Kidd and Kidd was utterly disgusted. I can only imagine how Rondo feels having to play behind that bum ass nikka. D'Lo on his worst night is an infinitely better offensive player than Lonzo will ever be.

Last edited:

camer999

All Star
Daps
I watched the game the game today and I here our my thoughts on the team. You guys probably know I'm a bron fan to but my take are usually fairly objective and I do look at circumstance as well.

1. ZO needs to be the starter and play big minutes, first so the lakers can finally get an understanding of how good he really is/will be. Also, I've noticed that if he is going to heat up, it is in the latter portion of his minutes/game. Mirrior most of Zo's minutes with Bron

2. Rondo doesn't exactly fit because he is a more aggressive lonzo that holds the ball more with worse defense. Going to the hole he is much better than Lonzo and the focus is the young core. Let zo develop there are already way to many capable ball handlers/passers in Bron/ZO/B.I/Lance

3.When the game is getting away from you, DON'T put in rondo, he just doesn't have that scoring punch. In a situation they would want to put rondo in they need to put in lance.

4. Josh Hart needs to soak up every minute BI/BRON/KUZ hits the bench be our sixth man.

5. We need to mirror Javale with the other teams starting big man as much as possible. Also, our realistic ideal is a defensive minded put back Center, which happens to be way outta style so it shouldn't be hard to get a serviceable one on the low NOT :noah: PLEASE!

6.Bron has mostly been playing like bron. I am disappointed in his lack of aggressiveness at times and he hasn't exactly closed a game out yet. However, I do believe it seems that way to us now because he is playing off the ball. As much as people hate bron ball here, like it or not it is a historically great offense who's ceiling is only capped by the surrounding pieces with an extremely high ceiling. Now I don't want them to play bron ball all the time, but I believe BRON/ZO/BI soaking up ball handling duties evenly would be ideal with Lance taking the rest. Also, his defense is actually trending more toward OK/Decent since the nuggets game. Jokic couldn't score on him and this game he usually would follow his man and put some effort contesting shots as well as most people being guarded by him chose to pass it rather than try to take him. Of course he still had the blown coverages here and there.

Overall I expect most things to be fixed as we gel but if we can make rondo & beasley become (through trades) a decent 3&D player and back up big we are set.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Smh I've watched every game this season. He's the same passive nikka offensively and had 1 good defensive 2nd half against the Nuggets. Net rating is the point differential for the time a player is on the court. He didn't have the issues last year because when he was off the court Tyler Ennis was playing in his place. Now that he has a legitimate point guard playing those minutes the difference is obvious. Funny how last season all nikkas talked about was "yeah, Lonzo's shooting like shyt... but look at his +/- :gladbron:" but now that Lonzo's in the negative all that point differential shyt is irrelevant huh. Yall going to have to stop making excuses for the nikka eventually. He's garbage. Trash. Defenses have absolutely 0 respect for this nikka. He's getting the same wide ass open shots as he did last year and air balling them shyts just the same. Clanking easy ass layups this year just the same. Playing hot potato with the rock and aimlessly standing at the 3 pt lane just the same. nikka had a little hot streak of like 4 games last season where he hit his wide open 3s at a decent percentage... then went right back to popping nikkas in the stands with the ball or bouncing them shyts off the side of the backboard. Low and behold, the nikka shoots 40% for a few games this season then goes right back to batting .000. There's a reason Rondo averages more mins than that nikka and was forced to play 18 straight minutes last night. It's because Lonzo is, has, and probably always will be complete ass. Even Magic knows it, tried to trade him in the offseason for a late 1st rd draft pick, made the nikka panic and leak his injury history. nikkas had the audacity to try to compare Lonzo to Jason Kidd and Kidd was utterly disgusted. I can only imagine how Rondo feels having to play behind that bum ass nikka. D'Lo on his worst night is an infinitely better offensive player than Lonzo will ever be.

I :picard:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Magic and co want to Lonzo to take the PG spot. Not sure that is fair for a 2nd year player. Lonzo probably is not that type of guy. Lonzo probably can't play at his best unless he has the confidence of his coaches and peers.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Magic and co want to Lonzo to take the PG spot. Not sure that is fair for a 2nd year player. Lonzo probably is not that type of guy. Lonzo probably can't play at his best unless he has the confidence of his coaches and peers.

Nah it is fair. We're the Lakers and we have Bron now. Zo has to either step up now or get traded. Yeah he's only 21 and we're asking a lot of him but life comes at you fast when you play for this franchise with a legendary teammate. I believe he has the confidence of Bron and his fellow young guns. Idk about Luke or the other vets as of now.

And he's played good in most of the games so far. A few duds but he's adjusting to a new role

camer999

All Star
Daps
Nah it is fair. We're the Lakers and we have Bron now. Zo has to either step up now or get traded. Yeah he's only 21 and we're asking a lot of him but life comes at you fast when you play for this franchise with a legendary teammate. I believe he has the confidence of Bron and his fellow young guns. Idk about Luke or the other vets as of now.

And he's played good in most of the games so far. A few duds but he's adjusting to a new role
Being realistic I was hoping for 15/7/7 out of him on at least 40%fg and 35% from 3. So hopefully he gets there. With a vastly improved free throw percentage which I think he is achieving that at least.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
:stopitslime:

Ingram, Kuzma and Hart have taken their spots. Why shouldn't everyone expect the same of Ball? He's the only one who seems to need perfect conditions to thrive. :beli:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Not reading all this

I said what I had to say.. number don't lie, we haven't won shyt with Rondo doing more than coming off the bench in minor minutes

Keep putting your trust in Rondo tho....:mjlol:

Rondo doesn't average more than shyt than Lonzo except assists... When Lonzo has a good game you'll disappear again no worries
And the same defenses treated Rondo like that his entire career:laff:

nikkas really see stats and just run with it, no wonder. And you a D.Lo Stan so it all makes sense... Ain't heard about that nikka since he got traded because of Zo

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

But now all of a sudden everyone points a finger at him after one game. Hart has a dud game, Lebron plays like he doesn't exist for 3 quarters, rondo dribbles the ball by himself for 15 seconds, we lose ANOTHER game due to no defense/rebounding, and the young guys take the fall?

Lonzo isn't the reason Lakers are 2-5

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I will say tho, I don’t think Rondo is the problem but rather Luke’s rotations. Rondo should be coming off the bench during the middle portions of the game helping to get the team involved and finding ways to drive and score the basket. However closing the game out should either be Zo or Lance ball handling.

There was more than one time where the ball was swung to Rondo and he wasn’t confident in taking the 3. We need true threats out there even if they aren’t known marksmen. As long as Zo and Lance let it fly rather than overpassing it might help the late game offense a little more. What’s bothered me is in the games we’ve lost we stopped attacking and played into the other teams pace and style.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps

Ingram, Kuzma and Hart have taken their spots. Why shouldn't everyone expect the same of Ball? He's the only one who seems to need perfect conditions to thrive. :beli:
Point guard is the toughest position to learn to play well tho...rookie PGs usually take the longest to develop :manny:

DGodRussell

peace and positivity
Daps
Reppin
Based World

I'm sayin. Minutes are earned, not given. Even Kobe had to play his way into the starting lineup. If Rondo is supposedly hogging the ball and playing like shyt while Lonzo rides the bench with 1rb and 1 assist in 20 mins then that says more about Lonzo.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Being realistic I was hoping for 15/7/7 out of him on at least 40%fg and 35% from 3. So hopefully he gets there. With a vastly improved free throw percentage which I think he is achieving that at least.

I dont know if he can get 7 dimes a game since Bron is controlling the ball a lot. Seems to be playing off ball a lot. He's gonna shoot better than 40% overall though