A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Those days were nice but I’ll be honest I was tired of losing. I’d rather LeBron prove his worth and help us win over those days.
LeBron needing to "prove his worth" is the biggest joke I've seen. Did you not see the 2018 playoffs? His entire damn career? What does he have to prove in damn regular season games? What, Lakers gonna trade him if he doesn't "prove his worth" in October? :mjlol:

Getting wins now by having LeBron expend himself taking over games does absolutely nothing to help the Lakers accomplish their objectives.

Kawhi would be perfect for this team the way he been looking. Bron playing his Pippen in route to a graceful end to his career. :blessed:

This is true. :ehh:

Welcome to the west

That lineup a big difference from

Orlando, charlotte, nets, orlando. That he been facing the past whatever years

Whatever. When Denver is the #2 team in the West and Toronto/Boston/Milwaukee are in the East, how you saying this is an East/West thing?

The Lakers don't have a great roster, are putting together a bunch of new pieces, trying to figure themselves out, had Ball injured to start the season and Rondo/Ingram suspended...most of their games have been against good teams...and still have kept themselves in every game and could easily be 5-2 right now if a couple shots had fallen.

The West isn't all that this year. It's Golden State and a bunch of teams that don't have a chance in hell of beating Golden State. The only teams with a prayer of competing with them are in the East.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
LeBron needing to "prove his worth" is the biggest joke I've seen. Did you not see the 2018 playoffs? His entire damn career? What does he have to prove in damn regular season games? What, Lakers gonna trade him if he doesn't "prove his worth" in October? :mjlol:

Getting wins now by having LeBron expend himself taking over games does absolutely nothing to help the Lakers accomplish their objectives.

Whatever. When Denver is the #2 team in the West and Toronto/Boston/Milwaukee are in the East, how you saying this is an East/West thing?

The Lakers don't have a great roster, are putting together a bunch of new pieces, trying to figure themselves out, had Ball injured to start the season and Rondo/Ingram suspended...most of their games have been against good teams...and still have kept themselves in every game and could easily be 5-2 right now if a couple shots had fallen.

The West isn't all that this year. It's Golden State and a bunch of teams that don't have a chance in hell of beating Golden State. The only teams with a prayer of competing with them are in the East.

How is LeBron expending himself by playing with a little more urgency in close situations? Yeah we all seen what he’s done, so why not just keep doing it? Understood he’s older but at least two of these games could’ve been won if he were more effective in those end of game close situations. I’m not questioning his ability to, I’m questioning why he refuses to when it should be so simple.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
That quote was aimed at the reporter.

Watch the video. The reporter kept on asking dumb questions and Lebron was alluding to the fact that he has lost patience with those

Hope so. These reporters are gonna do their best to troll us with their twitter bytes.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps

I disagree

What Lance did for the team in Denver, is what Lebron actually should be doing in close games .

Guys will always follow suit behind big momentum plays like that. Because of Lance back to back threes, the offense, defense, and the energy/will to win was way up. Lebron is suppose to be the leader, so he should lead.

You think your teammates gonna give 100% on defense when you are barely giving it your all?
You think your teammates gonna play with a sense of urgency, when you are not?
How do you even expect these young dudes to learn how to play in close games, if you the leader, is being passive aggressive during them.

It is not all about letting them make mistakes so they can grow, it is also about showing them how to win. Lebron be looking like he is going through the motions sometimes :yeshrug:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Bron fans now talking about winning doesn't help us accomplish our objectives :hhh:

Because us having a losing season will surely help us sign a second FA:francis:

Oh yeah, Bron fans dont want us to sign a FA. They want us to desperately trade our youngsters for Jimmy Butler:scust:

Daps
Rondo assist stat padding and is getting too many minutes, especially in crunch time. Lance is needed, period!
They need to phase him out of the rotation altogether; he suffocates the offense far too much, especially when he's in that assist-hunting mode, instead of letting the team orchestrate their own offense, and letting guys handle the ball. These are the games (early in the season) where Luke needs to maximize Lonzo's minutes - what use is he sitting on the bench when he needs to build chemistry with the rest of the starters, play through his mistakes, and develop as a player?

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lonzo need more minutes but rondo really wasnt that bad tonight offensively. He was actually able to generate some offense in the halfcourt and zo was out of sync all game. I don't think he should be phased out completely he has good chemistry with javele and lance. The player that should be phased out is kcp. He should be flipped for a backup C. The reason we losing is the defense. Cant grab a board for shyt and the defense breaks down every possession. It's easy to blame Luke but last year I saw the Lakers lock down elite offenses in the clutch. I think it boils down to brons effort. His athleticism is a wrap.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I disagree

What Lance did for the team in Denver, is what Lebron actually should be doing in close games .

Guys will always follow suit behind big momentum plays like that. Because of Lance back to back threes, the offense, defense, and the energy/will to win was way up. Lebron is suppose to be the leader, so he should lead.

You think your teammates gonna give 100% on defense when you are barely giving it your all?
You think your teammates gonna play with a sense of urgency, when you are not?
How do you even expect these young dudes to learn how to play in close games, if you the leader, is being passive aggressive during them.

It is not all about letting them make mistakes so they can grow, it is also about showing them how to win. Lebron be looking like he is going through the motions sometimes :yeshrug:

He looks like he's going through the motions because he doesn't know what to do. It's a new team and guys are still figuring things out. The #1 way for the Lakers to win would be for LeBron to dominate like he just did in the playoffs 4 months ago, but you know that won't help the team at all and would be damn stupid in October.

If he could just magically make momentum threes whenever he wanted, sure that'd be great. But shots don't go in just because you want them to. It ain't like LeBron ain't shooting, he's #5 in the NBA in clutch points right now. But for the most part he's playing hesitant because he wants to get his teammates involved and develop their games but he doesn't know how yet cause they've barely played together.

And ya'all with this "passive aggressive" motif. :mjlol: How the hell does someone even play basketball "passive aggressive"? :russ:

How is LeBron expending himself by playing with a little more urgency in close situations? Yeah we all seen what he’s done, so why not just keep doing it? Understood he’s older but at least two of these games could’ve been won if he were more effective in those end of game close situations. I’m not questioning his ability to, I’m questioning why he refuses to when it should be so simple.

Ya'all have claimed that LeBron doesn't have nearly Kobe's skills, plus he's 34 years old, but it's supposed to be "so simple" for him to just make every perfect play whenever he wants to in the clutch, even in a new system on a new team.

I swear you must think basketball is an easy sport, wake up crying that if only God had made up 6'8" you'd be in the Hall of Fame. :mjcry:

It's damn hard to make the perfect play in the clutch every time, you definitely have to expend yourself to do it regularly. And LeBron ain't trying to do that in the first month of a year that don't even really count, he's trying to get other guys involved and develop their games and save himself for 2020-2022.

No one in NBA history has had 8 straight playoff runs like LeBron just had. NO ONE. And he did it with multiple different teams in all sorts of situations. And he sure as hell didn't do it by leaving everything on the court in the first month of a new season with a new team. You think he doesn't know how to stay injury free or how to still be beasting 100 games into the season? He deserves the benefit of the doubt by now. :yeshrug:

Be happy he's on the team and root for the Lakers to make moves that make them a contender in 2020. Cause they sure as hell ain't winning shyt this year. :lolbron:

Daps
Lonzo need more minutes but rondo really wasnt that bad tonight offensively. He was actually able to generate some offense in the halfcourt and zo was out of sync all game. I don't think he should be phased out completely he has good chemistry with javele and lance.
You have to look at it as, does Rondo's purpose on the team hold more value than Lonzo's? If not, what purpose does he have in the rotation? Because ultimately that's what it comes down to in the end as there's only ONE ball; there's not enough of it to go around to placate LeBron, Ingram (and to a lesser degree Kuzma), Rondo and Lonzo - LeBron needs his touches and he needs his time to control the ball, Ingram needs his touches to develop, and Lonzo needs his touches too - there's simply no room for Rondo in that picture. Especially since Lonzo should be looked at as the primary ball-handler for this team, I mean how's he ever going to develop when LeBron and Rondo are monopolizng the ball and playmaking whenever they're on the floor?

As soon as Lonzo builds some chemistry and familiarity with the starting lineup, Rondo will need to phased right out of it - any minutes that he has the ball in his hands is just less time that Lonzo and Ingram have the ball in theirs.

:manny:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
what was your guys impression of BI at the 2?

i saw him clamp up Jimmy.. and jimmy couldnt guard him out right due to his lenght...(in some stretches)

i saw this experience deserves a few more games.. but maybe switch bron and kuz at the 3.