A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If Kawhi has NY as a preferred destination let him come in FA. Learn from the past - don't trade a bunch of assets and leave the ship bare for when (if) the star acquisition gets here.

I'm with you fam. This dude's management is having trouble with the best organization in basketball, he's got an injury that's kept him off the court essentially for a year and he's due for a MASSIVE super max deal. I think it'll cost way too much for us to build properly once he's here. Had we gone full rebuild instead of halfway there'd it the past few years, we might have the assets to pull it off without crippling our future flexibility...we're too close to actually doing a rebuild and not far enough removed from Melo and Amare not working out for me to be comfortable with this

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'd pass on Kawhi. I understand he is a great player, but we need to build out the way Boston and Philly have done.

Who can the knicks trade to get Kawhi anyway? Even if the Knicks were dumb enough to repeat the bullshyt they did to get Melo none of the players on the squad NOW outside of KP is close to the haul Denver got in return all those years back.

Try and see if we can get Playoff P...he is a solid piece and we have seen a history with players who leave Westbrook pop right back up as good or even better than ever.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I'd pass on Kawhi. I understand he is a great player, but we need to build out the way Boston and Philly have done.

Who can the knicks trade to get Kawhi anyway? Even if the Knicks were dumb enough to repeat the bullshyt they did to get Melo none of the players on the squad NOW outside of KP is close to the haul Denver got in return all those years back.

Try and see if we can get Playoff P...he is a solid piece and we have seen a history with players who leave Westbrook pop right back up as good or even better than ever.

We're capped out tho

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If Kawhi has NY as a preferred destination let him come in FA. Learn from the past - don't trade a bunch of assets and leave the ship bare for when (if) the star acquisition gets here.

I agree. The Knicks won't be good next year, so it's no reason to try and trade for kawhi when he'll likely opt out in 2019 when you will have the cap space to sign him outright. Plus porzingas will be over a year recovered and beating by then most likely.

Y'all well have cap space in 2019 right?

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I agree. The Knicks won't be good next year, so it's no reason to try and trade for kawhi when he'll likely opt out in 2019 when you will have the cap space to sign him outright. Plus porzingas will be over a year recovered and beating by then most likely.

Y'all well have cap space in 2019 right?

As long as we dont do anything stupid this summer, yes

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
There’s no reason for them to go after kawai or George they need to be patient and make smart moves
Like how boston did their rebuild
what?
boston started their rebuild by raping the nets for multiple unprotected draft picks for over the hill players and hiring a top 3 coach in the league
who are we demolishing in a trade? No one wants to be the nets.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
@qnsfinest @Youhadasparkwhenustarted @No_bammer_weed
@SJUGrad13 @ikbm @Frump @ogc163 @A.V. @The War Report @DeeezNuts @Crown Bearer @BAMBA@bravaDo @SJUGrad13 @ikbm @Ironman @A.V. @I.V. @Zema @The War Report @Shogun @Collateral @Typical NY Fan @42 Monks @RickyGQ @seemorecizzy @SAJ!! @ISO@SprinceC @Harleminthe80s @God's gift.@Derek Lee @Wargames @The War Report @#SOG_soldier @Miles Davis @ghostoftheiceman@KnickstapeCity @Knicksman20 @N.Y. State of Mind @NY's #1 Draft Pick @pimpineasy @Playa With Tha Passport @God's gift. @Man On Fire @storyteller @mbewane @Danie84 @PIFF101@GunRanger @23Stapscity @A-Train @Hawaiian Punch @Talkofnewyork@A.V. @El Jefe @g-ice @Rev @KologeroBx @Azul@WaveMolecules @Cory MBA @GetInTheTruck @radio rahiem @Columbo @BoogieDown23 @Kitsch@JMurder @Trip @Illuminatos @K-Deini @ZackMorris @hoodheronova @mvp_status @CapitalOne @NatiboyB @GollyImGully @Futuristic Eskimo @DirtyD @Frump @Captain_Crunch @ChemicalBk @JerseyFinest! @K-ZOE @Apollo Kid @3rdLetter @carter G. Hoodson@ExodusNirvana @BXKingPin82 @N.Y. State of Mind @Big Blue @kurt @NYK Loyalist @nyknick @Carolina Slim @tru_m.a.c @Sampson@Thunder-Buddy @nyk_fatboy @Cold Blooded @Araña @ScoopNScore @obarth @GatorStaceyAdams @Mantle Drunk @Knicksman20 @knickscity @KnicksTape @Urbanmiracle @freddykruegeronapill @Rev @Henryflo1
@thatknickfan @23Stapscity @Piffiztheanswer @KnickstapeCity @Jermaine Colington @Malta (Yes, you're ass is getting tagged:lolbron:), @qnsfinest, @Youhadasparkwhenustarted @UnKasasGlasses @tru_m.a.c @Monsanto @Cory MBA
Add me to this list :stopitslime:.

Lurk Angle

All Star
Daps
what?
boston started their rebuild by raping the nets for multiple unprotected draft picks for over the hill players and hiring a top 3 coach in the league
who are we demolishing in a trade? No one wants to be the nets.
Still the Celtics didn’t trade those picks nor hand out ridiculous contracts
I’m not saying their gonna do a deal like the Celtics did with the nets
I’m saying they have to be patient and not make dumb decisions like the past

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
As long as we dont do anything stupid this summer, yes

Honestly if they move Lee for an expiring (or waive him) and waive Ron & Noah, then let Lance, Kanter and Mudiay expire they could still spend 18 mil this year and have the 34 Mil needed to max Kawhi. The only real loss would be they couldn't keep O'Quinn

Basically just cut Phil's mistakes and they have a shyt ton of money

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Normally i Would agree with that, but players Like him dont become available every Night and our team sucks. I dont feel Like we are in a position to turn down Premium talent if they actually wanna come here.

Melo was different, he shoulda just came in the off season but forced it in february for whatever reason. If spurs are done with kawhi and he will resign with us, we have to jump on it cause he wont make it to free agency